ROBUST discussion

Introduce Yourself > Sharon Tillotson

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments I suppose it's time to come out of hiding and introduce myself. I am Canadian after all, wouldn't want to just jump into something without getting my feet wet. I am definitely probably not as un-boring as Scott.

My book The Storyteller languishes somewhere in the depths of Kindle. I suppose it could be because its designation is: Literary Fiction > Visionary and Metaphysical > Reincarnation. Just as likely it is because I am Canadian and therefore have no idea how to market it. Ah well, as in golf, I 'hit and hope'.

I do, however, get to meet interesting persons and discussions from all over the world.

My website languishes equally.

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments Welcome from a fellow languisher.

message 3: by Claudine (new)

Claudine | 1110 comments Mod
Hello Sharon

Are you one of those people who hit that dented white ball around a piece of grass cursing it loudly all the time?

message 4: by Andre Jute (last edited Jun 29, 2011 04:52AM) (new)

Andre Jute (andrejute) | 4851 comments Mod
"I am definitely probably not as un-boring as Scott."

LOL. Canada, Last Haven of the Inoffensive.

Welcome, Sharon.

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Thanks for the welcome all.

@Claudine. Oh no, I am Canadian remember, we curse under our breaths.

@Andre. Ah, but you know what they say about watching out for the quiet ones...

message 6: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments Welcome!

message 7: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Beard (jabeard) Welcome.

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Thanks K.A. and J.a., glad to be here.

message 9: by Matt (new)

Matt Posner (mattposner) | 276 comments Sharon, if you are on Facebook I can add you to some kindle author groups that discuss marketing and give practical help also. Email me and I will gladly send you a link so you can friend me. Can't paste it now because I'm not proficient enough with my ipad. Schooloftheages at gmail dot com.

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Hi Sharon! It's not easy being green...er...I mean non-American...in this game, but we keep on plugging. I'm working on the theory that one day Australians will discover Kindle and THEN I'll be famous!

Nice to see you here.

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Thanks Matt! Nice to meet you. I already have some kindle author friends on FB and Twitter but always happy to have more. I will email the link next week as it is Saturday and I try not to work on weekends. We only have an average of about 4400 Saturdays and I've spent more than half.
This Saturday, however I am dedicating to a co-worker for whom I am covering a shift. She wanted to attend a family reunion and tho I have three special persons having a birthday today, I knew this was very important for her. Otherwise I never take shifts on the weekends.

message 12: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Katie! Nice to meet you! Aussies will discover Kindles or else! My darling daughter lives in Melbourne and gave me a Kindle for Christmas. I am taking it with me this Christmas when I visit her and am going to insist they all buy one.
She's used the excuse of not reading my book because it's not in print yet for far too long! They're not very gadgety but I think I can convince them of at least an ipad (how they did that is beyond me who loves technology and the pretty gadgets that go along with it).

message 13: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments Sharon, where are you?

message 14: by Andre Jute (new)

She said she was taking a break to play golf. But I thought she came back already.

message 15: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments Ah, yes, I remember now about the golf. Thanks.

message 16: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments What about Claudine? It's been AGES!

message 17: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments I'm ready to send out a search party for Margie, too.

message 18: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Franklin (dakotafranklin) | 306 comments Wasn't she about to retire? She's probably just finding out that retirement is hard work. Giselle reads her book review site and always has something interesting to quote.

message 19: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments I'm going to go look for Daniel next - but not until my book is finished.

message 20: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Beard (jabeard) Daniel was just starting into a new book, wasn't he? So he may be knee-deep in words, punctuation, and spaces.

message 21: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Aww, thanks for missing me. I am back, though don't expect anything erudite to be issued from these fingers (if it ever is, grin), I am decidedly operating in some la-la summer doldrums reality...

Mini reunion with two of my older bros, one of whom was a scratch golfer, now still scores better than his age on a regular basis, which is a great feat in the sport. A joy to watch. Wonderful to spend time with family, happy to be home and get some rest. We never stopped! Four golf games in five days, shared meals, laughter, love, doesn't get much better than that! (though it did, we drove through a rainbow, will blog about it next week).

But where oh where are the others? Why have we not heard from Claudine? Is she safe? I do slightly recall her saying something about both wifi and a faulty computer...

message 22: by Patricia (last edited Aug 09, 2012 05:04PM) (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments Welcome back! Let us know when your rainbow post is up.

message 23: by Andre Jute (new)

Sharon who?

Oh, cruel memory! — a great line Shakespeare never wrote

message 24: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Thanks Patricia. Will do.

Kench, Andre!

message 25: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments Reading some new members' introductions, I thought it might be time to add some You Tube vids where I was interviewed last year:

http://youtu.be/flX4bz0Y2qE

http://youtu.be/utdtNikF7w4

http://youtu.be/DVjqaPYlgHE

message 26: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 97 comments Katie wrote: "Hi Sharon! It's not easy being green...er...I mean non-American...in this game, but we keep on plugging. I'm working on the theory that one day Australians will discover Kindle and THEN I'll be famous..."

Kobo is a better bet than Kindle for Australia, in my experience.

If you do put your books on Kobo, make sure you also promote them, using resources like the Kobo Book Hub.

(The link to submit e-books for promotion is at the upper left.)

message 27: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 97 comments Sharon wrote: "Reading some new members' introductions, I thought it might be time to add some You Tube vids where I was interviewed last year:

Great interviews, Sharon!

message 28: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 1099 comments Thanks for that link, JD. I'd never heard of it before!

message 29: by Sharon (last edited Mar 27, 2013 09:08AM) (new)

Sharon Tillotson (storytellerauthor) | 1802 comments J.D. wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Reading some new members' introductions, I thought it might be time to add some You Tube vids where I was interviewed last year:

Great interviews, Sharon!"

Thanks, JD, I'm known around here as ROBUST's resident whoo whoo, grin...

message 30: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Jordan (kajordan) | 3042 comments True Sharon - but I'm the one who writes about ghosts. LOL