Midnight Breed Fans discussion

Archives / Dead Threads > DEEPER than MIDNIGHT Book Discussion **SPOILERS**

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Okay lovin this book right now. I'm in chap14. Hunter's unknown humor is cracking me up! Thought u guys would like to discuss this book in depth as we read it. & post ur fave quotes or scenes.

If you have any pics of Hunter & Corinne in ur mind's eye, feel free to post as well... This scence just had me cracking up cuz Hunter was so serious when he said it(view spoiler) LOL

message 2: by Marina (new)

Marina (marina_roumpi) | 27 comments i'm on chapter 10 already in love with Hunter (as expected) steady as a rock he is!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Yep Agreed Marina.. I need 2 get back 2 him! =D

message 4: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 301 comments Mod
Guys, there's already a folder to discuss this book. You can write spoilers on that one so don't worry. I will have to move this folder to the archives folder. Sorry to bother. It's just to maintain everything organized.

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna Was A Scandal (donnawasascandal) I just finished the book...my family is hungry and frankly, I'm spent! It was delicious. It was beautiful...I love Hunter! Discovering emotions he didn't know he was even capable of...two broken souls finding each other, trusting each other...and Hunter's humor - priceless! But seriously, could you imagine a man with that much focus and discipline...in bed...good lord - I'm spent!

And I'm pretty sure we've just encountered Chase's breedmate...

message 6: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle (nicolleg1992) | 7 comments Omg!!!! I cannot wait to start this... I have just ordered mine...

message 7: by Jayne (new)

Jayne | 56 comments Just starting Deeper than Midnight. It has been a long wait!

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky  (bucktuskl) | 11 comments Going to start tonight :) Can't wait!

message 9: by Marina (new)

Marina (marina_roumpi) | 27 comments Morning girls how was your night with the breed males? I kept thinking about Hunter even half asleep.
Doyou happen to know the song that is mentioned when Hunter and Corinne are having dinner in New Orleans somethning about "her new kitchen appliance"?
I'd love to listen to it!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) I don't Know the song but their hilarious convo has me wanting to know now LOL

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) ***HEY GUYS I SWITCHED MY 1ST POST FOR HUNTER'S BOOK OVER TO THREAD LABELED (BOOK NOT YET RELEASED POSSIBLE SPOILERS)*** So discussion about the book as we read will continue. This thread is going 2 be archived.

message 12: by Marina (new)

Marina (marina_roumpi) | 27 comments Donna wrote: "I just finished the book...my family is hungry and frankly, I'm spent! It was delicious. It was beautiful...I love Hunter! Discovering emotions he didn't know he was even capable of...two broken so..."

Please share a name.....i´m not quite done yet

message 13: by Donna (new)

Donna Was A Scandal (donnawasascandal) Marina wrote: "Donna wrote: "I just finished the book...my family is hungry and frankly, I'm spent! It was delicious. It was beautiful...I love Hunter! Discovering emotions he didn't know he was even capable of....."

i don't have my kindle ready and i'm terrible with names but she's the senator's aide and her last name is Fairchild...she caught Dragos' eye too but i think she's going to end up saving Harvard

message 14: by Donna (last edited Jun 29, 2011 10:43AM) (new)

Donna Was A Scandal (donnawasascandal) Bessie Smith, right? could it be Kitchen Man or Need a Little Sugar In My Bowl? those are the two songs i'm thinking, need to find them on youtube and listen closely

UPDATE...did a google search just now...Empty Bed Blues talks about a coffee grinder and some bacon filling up her cabbage pot! dang, that woman was sassy!

message 15: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Jun 29, 2011 10:40AM) (new)

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Her name is Tavia. (Chase's) breedmate.

message 16: by Donna (new)

Donna Was A Scandal (donnawasascandal) Ebone **Princess Nhya** wrote: "Her name is Tavia. (Chase's) breedmate."

Yes! That's it!! Thanks, you saved me a trip upstairs!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Donna wrote: "Ebone **Princess Nhya** wrote: "Her name is Tavia. (Chase's) breedmate."

Yes! That's it!! Thanks, you saved me a trip upstairs!"

=D ur welcome

message 18: by Adrielly (new)

Adrielly Rodrigues (adriellyrodrigues) I'm on chapter 16! Lovin' it so far!!!! but really worried about Chase too;

message 19: by Kaye620 (new)

Kaye620 | 7 comments I'm really looking forward to how the Order is going to change now that there are going to be kids and teens there.

***Spolier***

Shouldn't Chase start smoking and going up in flames walking out to meet the law enforcement? Won't the humans find out what he is? Isn't it putting the Breed altogether in danger? Do we really have to wait until next spring to find out!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Adrielly wrote: "I'm on chapter 16! Lovin' it so far!!!! but really worried about Chase too;"

I know! Chase is completely off the chain in this book! I'm scared

message 21: by Donna (new)

Donna Was A Scandal (donnawasascandal) Kaye620 wrote: "I'm really looking forward to how the Order is going to change now that there are going to be kids and teens there.

***Spolier***

Shouldn't Chase start smoking and going up in flames walking..."

I know...the wait is killing me already!!!

message 22: by Adrielly (new)

Adrielly Rodrigues (adriellyrodrigues) Ebone **Princess Nhya** wrote: "Adrielly wrote: "I'm on chapter 16! Lovin' it so far!!!! but really worried about Chase too;"

I know! Chase is completely off the chain in this book! I'm scared"

So am I!!! I don't understand why he's doind all that, but I kinda feel sorry for him, he's been struggling a lot, I wish his happy ending came sooner!

message 23: by Marina (new)

Marina (marina_roumpi) | 27 comments Kaye620 wrote: "I'm really looking forward to how the Order is going to change now that there are going to be kids and teens there.

***Spolier***

Only Gen One Breeds have zero tollerance for sunligh, the other Breeds can handle as far as half an hour as I recal from Taken by Midnight (Brock takes a morning trip with Jenna)

message 24: by Marina (new)

Marina (marina_roumpi) | 27 comments Donna wrote: "Marina wrote: "Donna wrote: "I just finished the book...my family is hungry and frankly, I'm spent! It was delicious. It was beautiful...I love Hunter! Discovering emotions he didn't know he was ev..."

that's what I thought too, she seems to watch closely both Dragos and Sterling. Maybe an unsuspected breedmate to stir up things.
I'm so looking forward to Hunter returning to the new compount with a "wife" and "child" with him......

message 25: by Elsie (last edited Jun 29, 2011 01:39PM) (new)

Elsie (aussiemom2) | 16 comments Kaye620 wrote: "I'm really looking forward to how the Order is going to change now that there are going to be kids and teens there.

***Spolier***

Chase's book is coming out January 24, 2012 from the latest update, not Spring.

message 26: by Donna (new)

Donna Was A Scandal (donnawasascandal) Elsie wrote: "Kaye620 wrote: "I'm really looking forward to how the Order is going to change now that there are going to be kids and teens there.

***Spolier***

Shouldn't Chase start smoking and going up in fl..."

Chase's book is due Jan 24th...that's great news!

message 27: by Donna (new)

Donna Was A Scandal (donnawasascandal) Marina wrote: "Donna wrote: "Marina wrote: "Donna wrote: "I just finished the book...my family is hungry and frankly, I'm spent! It was delicious. It was beautiful...I love Hunter! Discovering emotions he didn't ..."

I know, I'm so excited to see what Lucan & the other sexy beasts will have to say about Hunter's new situation!! Should be very entertaining! Come on January...hurry up and get here!

message 28: by Cypher (new)

Cypher Lx (cypherlx) | 11 comments I started reading it yesterday. Haven't gotten too far yet. The only time I had to read was to and from tactical shooting training. Figures that I would actually have to work hard on the days that I want to read this book. Tomorrow, my focus will be on this.

message 29: by Jayne (new)

Jayne | 56 comments Finally got Deeper than Midnight in my hands. Am reading it really slow to savor it. Just to long to wait for the next book to come out. Am really liking Hunter's story so far. I'm so glad this author goes back and touches on old character form other books. It is nice to have their stories continue along within the new book.

message 30: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Jun 30, 2011 03:52AM) (new)

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Yeah Jayne I'm lovin that too. Cuz I love knowing what's up with everyone**Jayne **DON'T READ THIS SPOILER SINCE UR SAVORING THE BOOK & JUST STARTED READING IT** (view spoiler)

message 31: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Jun 30, 2011 04:37AM) (new)

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Guys I must get this off of my chest right now..

(view spoiler)

**shrugs** Some of u may not agree, but can u see why this is irritating 2 me?

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Okay guys. I finished the book last night. Check out my review!

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 33: by Cypher (new)

Cypher Lx (cypherlx) | 11 comments Ebone, I agree with most of what you wrote. Very well written, by the way. I think the reason that the relationship wasn't as intense as you may have expected was due to the delicacy of the issues. The fact that Corinne even dealt with being touched at all so soon after her release showed a strength that was very courageous on her part. Of course, had she not shown that strength there wouldn't have been much of a book. And Hunter, while experiencing things that he has never felt before, respected her enough to allow her to set the pace. I also think that there is a level of fear for Hunter regarding those feelings, so he holds back, uncertain how he should act. Of course, this is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (godschild4677) Thanks 4 the feedback Cypher =D I want opinions. I like learning everyone else's view points on these books and Characters =D

message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Finished Deeper than Midnight and enjoyed it.
I thought that Hunter and Corrine made a good couple - they have a lot in common and had to overcome a lot to love and trust again.

I did find the first half of the book went more slowly - possibly because the parts with Chase descending into Bloodlust distracted from the development of Hunter and Corrine's story - but the second half went by in a flash and the action scenes were excellent.

The ending was intense and I can't wait for Chase's book.