Islam discussion

Miswak

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Heard it's sunnah to use one and thought i'd give it ago this ramadan, apparently you can use whilst fasting. Anyone use one regularly and more importantly whats the state of your teeth :) ?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I tried one out during the night experimentally a couple years ago. I'd wake up with absolutely no morning breath, as long as I flossed regularly.

Braces complicated it, so now I just stick with miswak toothpaste. It obviously doesn't work as well, but using a more firm bristled toothbrush imitates similar results.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

that cool well wickipedia had some interesting comments, I am yet to try it but have ordered a batch so will let everyone know :)

message 4: by emz490 (new)

emz490 | 1 comments Where would I be able to get one in the UK?

message 5: by Shahzaib (last edited Jul 12, 2011 07:34AM) (new)

Shahzaib (zaib) One is in my mouth this very moment

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

:D dont forget to leave it dipped in a jar of water to keep bristles soft.

message 7: by Shahzaib (new)

Shahzaib (zaib) Thanks for the advice, it's great for bad breath

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay so i've been using regularly for the past few weeks, at first I was unsure whether it will keep my teeth clean in the long run especially when the first time i used it I nearly threw up. My teeth are strong and healthy and does rid one of halitosis if you happen to suffer from it, but also my teeth no longer sensitive to cold foods and when you stick it in your mouth first thing in the morning it does wake up your senses so you can pray fajr not half asleep :) I'll be using it long after Ramadan is over.

message 9: by Ema (new)

Ema I used to use Miswak at night, but they dry out so fast. And there's only one place where you can get them from, and that guy only imports them once every few months. We moved across town recently, and I haven't been able to get more for such a long time.
My teeth never felt as clean as they did than when I used it.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 07, 2011 03:35AM) (new)

I bought mine from ebay they come individually wrapped so only need to open one at a time, also if you just make a slit at the top you can slide it in and out and keep it fresh.

message 11: by Ema (new)

Ema eBay? I tend not to trust online sites but is there a specific buyer you get them from that you'd recommend?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Miswak-Al-K...

I used this powerseller and had no problems, stick to this same brand, as they come factory sealed and lots of sellers import them to sell here so are popular.

message 13: by Ema (new)

Ema Oh thank you! I'll definitely check it out now :)

message 14: by A. (new)

A. (almas) Ema wrote: "I used to use Miswak at night, but they dry out so fast,..."

hi,

I have a friend who uses Miswak all the time...to soften the one she uses, she soaks it in water

message 15: by Shyra (new)

Shyra (shyrawayland) Ohhh my Allah!! I love this group* claps hands*. I know, random but I had to say that. This is awesome!!!!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

what is :S

message 17: by Shyra (new)

Shyra (shyrawayland) This group. I never knew there was an islamic group