Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

2011 Group Read Archive > July Group Read: For the Roses by Julie Garwood (spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
For the Roses (Rose, #1) by Julie Garwood won the poll for the July Group Read! It's actually been awhile since I've read this one, so I will try to re-read.

message 2: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4132 comments Mod
I love that book. Cole is my baby.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9730 comments Mod
I love this one. Not sure if I will get a chance to reread it, but I'll try to pop in for the discussion.

message 4: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4132 comments Mod
I will not get a chance to read it. Too much on my plate.

message 5: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
Questions:

1. How did you rate this book here on Goodreads?
2. Which aspect of the book did you like better: the family dynamics between Mary Rose and her "brothers" or the romance between Mary Rose and Harrison?
3. Dangerous Hero rating out of 10?
4. Hero Hotness rating out of 10?
5. Have you or will you read the novellas about the Clayborne brothers?
6. What other books with cowboy/rancher dangerous heroes are you favorites?

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
1. How did you rate this book here on Goodreads? 5 stars, of course.
2. Which aspect of the book did you like better: the family dynamics between Mary Rose and her "brothers" or the romance between Mary Rose and Harrison? I think both equally. I read it for the romance but the family dynamics really help the story adding humor and we get a glimpse into how Mary Rose became so adorable.
3. Dangerous Hero rating out of 10? Probably about a 6 for me. He could hold his own but he had heart and was only really dangerous to those who would hurt Mary Rose.
4. Hero Hotness rating out of 10? definitely an 8 or 9.
5. Have you or will you read the novellas about the Clayborne brothers? I read them and felt disappointed. I thought they had such potential and felt let down.
6. What other books with cowboy/rancher dangerous heroes are you favorites? Haven't read many Amer West books that overly wowed me but Johanna Lindsey has a few I'd reread. Marsha Canham's Under the Desert Moon was a 5 star for me.

message 7: by Roshio (new)

Roshio | 26 comments 1. How did you rate this book here on Goodreads?
I gave it 2 stars.

2. Which aspect of the book did you like better: the family dynamics between Mary Rose and her "brothers" or the romance between Mary Rose and Harrison? I much much preferred he family dynamics between Mary Rose and her brothers. The letters the each wrote to their 'mother' was so cute and touching and it was really nice. I didn't enjoy the romance which is the reason for the 2 stars. I think its cause I wasn't really a fan of Mary Rose herself, she didn't really move me so to speak. And I'll honestly say I skipped the sex scenes as I felt no spark between them

3. Dangerous Hero rating out of 10? a 5. he had his moments but its clear he is more of a nice guy.

4. Hero Hotness rating out of 10? hmm 6 I think.

5. Have you or will you read the novellas about the Clayborne brothers? I'm not sure as I wasn't so enamoured with this book, but if I had to choose, it would have to be Cole's story as he was my favorite. And maybe Adam's as well.
6. What other books with cowboy/rancher dangerous heroes are you favorites?
I've read a few ones but none of the heroes spring to mind at the moment.