What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Squirrel....detective....

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tonya (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:02PM) (new)

Tonya Beeler | 1 comments Does anyone remember a novel (not more than five years old I think), whose main character is a squirrel private eye?

message 2: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:06PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 219 comments I've got some possibilities for you.
The Mayor of Central Park by Avi. A squirrel mayor named Oscar Westerwit defends his park against rats.

PeeWee's Tale by Joanna Hurwitz, is about a park-wise squirrel helping a guinea pig who is trying to find his way back home.

In the book Urchin of the Riding Stars by M. I. McAllister, Urchin the squirrel believes he is destined for greatness. Dropped from the sky by a gull onto the island of Mistmantle, he helps fight against cruel new laws and reveals the true murderer of the king's son.

Geronimo Stilton is a mouse detective with lots of books about him, supposedly written by him, too.

Hope this helps!
Jackie

message 3: by Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (kristathekrazykataloguer) | 104 comments Could it be The Trouble With Normal by Charise Mericle Harper (c2003)? Here's the plot summary from Children's Literature Comprehensive Database: "Finnigan, a Secret Service squirrel in training, reports on the unusual activities in the apartment building across from his park."

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 35762 comments Mod
Tonya, was one of these your book?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Sep 19, 2016 07:47PM) (new)

I was about to move this to Abandoned but I saw Tonya edited her 2007 comment last month. Tonya, are you there? Was your book anything mentioned above?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "I was about to move this to Abandoned but I saw Tonya edited her 2007 comment last month. Tonya, are you there? Was your book anything mentioned above?"

No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.