Aussie Readers discussion

Book Related Banter > Your International book recommendations

Comments Showing 1-50 of 196 (196 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Michael (last edited Jun 28, 2011 01:18AM) (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Hey i'm starting this thread as it seems for some strange reason my recommendations are popular. I will be posting a weekly recommendation from my favorite books of the year.

I'll start of with this one as i'm not convinced yet that you have all read it.

Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson

My review here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

and secondly these two beauties.

Diamond Eyes by A.A. Bell and Hindsight by A.A. Bell

Diamond Eyes review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Hindsight review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

If you love fantasy with a touch of crime and the odd romance then Aussie AA Bell's Mira Chamber's series may be for you.

This thread is not just for my recommendations if you have a book you think deserve's recommending then here's a place to do it.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) I think you need to change this so it's under the Book Related Banter topic and not Talk Genre

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments I'm not sure i can do that might be a mods department.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) You created the thread so you can do it. Up next the the title there is an edit option. Click on that and just change the folder. (I've had mod practice ;) )

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Done not just evil but smart to is knowledge thanks lol.

message 6: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments You should include a tiny synopsis as to what the recommended book is about.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) ★ Jessica ★ wrote: "You should include a tiny synopsis as to what the recommended book is about."

why not just do an entire blog, he has put his reviews up :P

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments You can just click on the bookcover pics and read the blurb Jess. :D

message 9: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 3068 comments Make the blog!

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Maybe oneday when im feeling more energetic. :D

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) ★ Jessica ★ wrote: "Make the blog!"

I agree or make a tumblr for it

message 12: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 69424 comments Mod
Awesome thread Michael:D Well done...:D

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Thanks Brenda you are an awesome recommender yourself. Pretty much everything you bring to my attention sounds awesome. :)

message 14: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Thanks Michael:) I've just come home from our monthly book club, and our new book is The Kite Runner, of which I have a copy, but hadn't read yet. Have you read it? Apparently it's a good read!! I'll let you know what I think.....

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments Kite Runner is awesome! I couldn't put it down once I started it.

message 16: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Sounds great Brenda ill have to look for that one too.

message 17: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Laura wrote: "Kite Runner is awesome! I couldn't put it down once I started it."

Oh good!! I have to read it somewhere in the next month, so will see...I've also got A Thousand Splendid Suns to read too..

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments I also loved A Thousand Splendid Suns..I actually read that one before Kite Runner. Both paint vivid images in your head. This guy has a real knack with words that will keep you thinking about the stories long after they've finished. I can still remember parts vividly.

message 19: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Laura wrote: "I also loved A Thousand Splendid Suns..I actually read that one before Kite Runner. Both paint vivid images in your head. This guy has a real knack with words that will keep you thinking about the ..."

That's good news!! I'm looking forward to them more than ever now:)

message 20: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments My review for Kite Runner: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Doesn't contain spoilers...My review for A Thousand Splendid Suns isn't that good so I won't bother linking it..lol

message 21: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Laura wrote: "My review for Kite Runner: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Doesn't contain spoilers...My review for A Thousand Splendid Suns isn't that good so I won't bother linking it..lol"

Good review Laura! :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL I agree with jess and KL make a blog!
I just started The Forbidden Game on your recommendation :D
sorry if any of my typing comes out stange the puppy is licking my hands while itype!

message 23: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) Melanie wrote: "LOL I agree with jess and KL make a blog!
I just started The Forbidden Game on your recommendation :D
sorry if any of my typing comes out stange the puppy is licking my hands while ..."

*peer pressure*

message 24: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Cool you enjoying it so far?

Only 600 odd pages to go. :)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

haha right! such a long book!
but I like how it gets right into it no dallying around.

message 26: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Yeah thats what i liked. I hate most books that take forever to get going but that one was full on from the first page. I was exausted after reading it. :D

message 27: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments 600 page book...i'd faint..lol

message 28: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments It's 750 pages Laura lol.

message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments AH..that's even worse..lol

message 30: by A.B. (new)

A.B. Shepherd | 72 comments This just might become my new favorite thread! :)

message 31: by Dhitri (new)

Dhitri Might become my favorite, too! Michael, I just finished Before I Go to Sleep and it was unbelievably good! Looking forward to your recommendations.

message 32: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Another recommendation The Neighbor. I have just finished it...it is excellent. My review http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "Kite Runner is awesome! I couldn't put it down once I started it."

I just checked it out. I have obviously been missing something. 34 of my GR friends think it is awesome. That must be some kind of record.

message 34: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Gail «Cyborg» wrote: "Laura wrote: "Kite Runner is awesome! I couldn't put it down once I started it."

I just checked it out. I have obviously been missing something. 34 of my GR friends think it is awesome. That mus..."

Wow I reckon Gail!! Hopefully I'll say the same:)

message 35: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Brenda wrote: "Another recommendation The Neighbor. I have just finished it...it is excellent. My review http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/..."

Great review Brenda glad you enjoyed it. :)

message 36: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments Gail «Cyborg» wrote: "Laura wrote: "Kite Runner is awesome! I couldn't put it down once I started it."

I just checked it out. I have obviously been missing something. 34 of my GR friends think it is awesome. That mus..."

Ooo...Well, pick it up sometime then :) I bought it from K-Mart last year for very cheap.

message 37: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) I just finished another one of Michael's recommendations; just need to review it now

message 38: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) here is the review if you're interested; http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 39: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Two for two im on a roll. :D

message 40: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) Can you make it 3/3

message 41: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Here's one for you Michael Cowboy & Wills: A Love Story..top book!

message 42: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Thank you Brenda that is my type of book. :)

message 43: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

:D

message 44: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Michael, did I tell you about this one yet? Lucky For Me

message 45: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments Thank you Brenda you sure know the sought of books i like. :D

message 46: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Michael wrote: "Thank you Brenda you sure know the sought of books i like. :D"

:D

message 47: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Another book I have just found out about, just released 27th June 2011. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...
I've just created it, as it wasn't in the system, but it should be there in 15 minutes or so.
Amazing true story...I'll be picking it up as soon as I can.....
It covers July, non-fiction...Aussie author challenge...New Release in Winter challenge...:)

message 48: by A.B. (new)

A.B. Shepherd | 72 comments I highly recommend the Tomorrow series by John Marsden. 7 books in total, all worth the read. Just finished the 7th book. Loved it!

message 49: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Cheryl wrote: "I highly recommend the Tomorrow series by John Marsden. 7 books in total, all worth the read. Just finished the 7th book. Loved it!"

They're great aren't they Cheryl. I read them some time back, and loved them :)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

o I love them!

« previous 1 3 4