Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Name an Artist You Take Credit for Turning Your Friends Onto

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments Me: Andrew Bird

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments The Decemberists, Alison Krauss.

message 3: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Too many to list here, but if I can choose just one: Eels.

message 4: by ~Geektastic~ (last edited Jun 28, 2011 05:52AM) (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Rasputina and Chameleon Circuit

(I LOVE the Eels Janine, I have to give a good friend credit for that one, but glad to see other people are spreading the word)

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yay! Another eels fan! Janine and I are somewhat obsessed, if I may speak for her, Amber. I've seen them four times and I'm seeing them again August 5th in Milwaukee.

I've turned many on to the eels, Stars of the Lid (shut up), and Low. Gretchen turned me on to Lucero.

message 6: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Hello fellow Eels fans!

I've only seen them once, RA, but yes, I'm a bit obsessed too. I need to get my hands on the MC Honky album (had an illegal copy but lost it).

message 7: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Yay! Another eels fan! Janine and I are somewhat obsessed, if I may speak for her, Amber. I've seen them four times and I'm seeing them again August 5th in Milwaukee.

I've turned many on to t..."

I'm jealous, I haven't been able to see them live, but one of my best friends saw them in Seattle a few years back and brought me a poster for the show.

message 8: by Farrah (new)

Farrah Social Distortion

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I have the MC Honkey somewhere, Janine! I can send one your way...send me a message, if you want one, I can get it to you.

message 10: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "I have the MC Honkey somewhere, Janine! I can send one your way...send me a message, if you want one, I can get it to you."

That would be great! I'm sending you a message right now :)

message 11: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6030 comments Back in my senior year of high school (1976), the Ramones. It was a hard sell to a bunch of Zep and Sabbath freaks.

message 12: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Secret Garden - they are a husband and wife team and have a Celtic sound.

message 13: by Michael (new)

Michael The Grateful Dead.

message 14: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I fell in love with NIN in 11th grade, and one of my close friends was like, "This stuff sucks." And now he refers to Trent as "Father Reznor" because he loves him so much.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Lots, I think. I know I turned Barb on to April Smith.

message 16: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Thanks to Gus, when Sleigh Bells started playing at a house party, I was the only one on the dancefloor, and I didn't give a damn.

message 17: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) You go, Britt.

I tend to turn my wife on to a lot of music. She pretty knew jack-shit about Pink Floyd, but she tends to really like them, so much that she has quite a few tracks on her iPod.

RA turned me on to Caribou and the Mountain Goats, just to name a pair.

message 18: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11676 comments Mannheim Steamroller, Spike Jones, Yael Naim.

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Gus wrote: "RA turned me on to Caribou and the Mountain Goats, just to name a pair. "

I thought it was sheep!

message 20: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Britomart wrote: "I fell in love with NIN in 11th grade, and one of my close friends was like, "This stuff sucks." And now he refers to Trent as "Father Reznor" because he loves him so much."

I saw them on their first tour. Great show.

message 21: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments The Governor of Wisconsin???

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.