Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Archives > SFR readers, writers and aspiring writers are invited...

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Dooley | 72 comments ...to:

Parallel Universe 2011 will be the virtual SFR gathering for those unable to attend the Romance Writers of America’s 31th Annual National Conference. From Tuesday, June 28 through Saturday, July 2, you’ll be treated to a series of guest posts from a variety of authors.

Given that many SFR readers are also authors/aspiring authors, the theme of this year’s Parallel Universe is the craft of writing science fiction romance. Topics include planning space wars, tips for using humor, and inventing alien terms. Watch for new posts at 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily.

Come join in the fun!

message 2: by Ella (new)

Ella Drake (elladrake) | 26 comments I always love reading the post for this. Can't wait!

message 3: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl Nantus | 16 comments *perks up*

I'm here! Or there... or somewhere...

*wanders off, looking for tea*

Where are the space cabana boys?

message 4: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments Is it going to be here at goodreads?

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane Dooley | 72 comments So sorry!
The venue is The Galaxy Express
http://www.thegalaxyexpress.net/

message 6: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments Oh cool! love the galaxy express!

message 7: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments Yay! I'll be there.

Thanks for the head's up. Hey...today is the 28th! I already missed part of it.

message 8: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 345 comments already two articles posted, but with a blog, you can't miss it!

message 9: by AnnaM (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments Thanks!

message 10: by Jay (new)

Jay Shaw (jay_shaw) | 4 comments As a new sci-fi romance writer with her first book due out mid June, I'll be keen to read posts on these subjects, if only for the reassurance that I'm getting most things right, lol.

message 11: by KJ (new)

KJ Van Houten | 237 comments Mod
Anyone going to RWA Conf in San Diego July 2016? Some friends and I (readers, not writers) will be going to the literary signing evening, and I'd love to stop by and say hello to any SFR writers there.

message 12: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Scott | 495 comments Mod
Have you checked out the SFR Brigade? We're a very active group on FB and discuss writing all the time. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/13093... You don't have to be already published to join. There's also Marie Force's Author Support Network FB group, which has authors from ALL genres. People are very kind about sharing general advice there re indie publishing. Best wishes!