Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

To be made into a movie!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Emily I can't believe that already, this is a work in progress to make it to the big screen. Here's the link:

http://www.thefablife.com/2011-06-27/...

Aura Drew Roy to play Four

Ai Haibara i cannot get over the fact that tris is a blonde; not a brunette :(

Avital exciting! If the people on this list are the only options, so I wish that Chloe Moretz would play Tris and Logan Lerman would play Four. Though I can't really see them playing them well. I don't see any of them doing that well.

message 5: by Owen (new)

Owen i bet the movie will be just as awesome as the book

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ i dnt no dnt hate me but i cant see divergent as a movie maybe i should wait and see if i catch the excitement

Braden A.K.A B-Ballin I think its gonna be a GREAT movie. I mean really they cant screw it up that badly. Its mostly just interaction between people.

Honestly, my only choice for Tris would be Anna Sophia Rob. No one else portrays her well enough. And you do realize that she is blond in the book...or am I just crazy and making things up?

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ i <3 anna-sophia rob shes awesome but i dnt see her as tris material gess we'll see soon who is

message 9: by M. (last edited Jun 29, 2011 10:55AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

M. Sara-Sadiya =D wrote: "i dnt no dnt hate me but i cant see divergent as a movie maybe i should wait and see if i catch the excitement"

I'm with you. I can't see it as a movie yet. Maybe because there is only one book out. Don't get me wrong, I liked the book, but so far it doesn't compare to the Hunger Games (and the studio is obviously trying to tap into the HG success).

As for the choices of actors and actresses mentioned in the link above, I only like Max Irons as Four. Saorise Ronan was cast in the Host so I don't think they will cast her in Divergent as well. Elle Fanning could work.

message 10: by Owen (new)

Owen I have to say that even though it seems too fast, it is a great book and there is plenty in it to make it into a movie

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd choose Chloe Moretz or Anna-Sophia Robb for Tris and Drew Roy or Logan Lerman for Four.

Erica i'm stoked for the movie i just hope the people that did twilight don't do the same to divergent . . .

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ or like percy jackson

Jennifer Saoirse Ronan and Max Irons would be amazing as Tris and Four. Saoirse Ronan has already proved herself with Hanna and max irons just has the perfect look for Four in my opinion :)

maddie OMFG!!!!!!!! SRSLY??? I WANA SE I WANNA SEE!!!

Allen ABH wtf drew ryan looks like a 9 year old and tris better be a brunette or the movie is fail

maddie Lol hahahaha

Jennifer Tito wrote: "wtf drew ryan looks like a 9 year old and tris better be a brunette or the movie is fail"

Tris is blonde in the book though...

maddie I keep forgetting that

Brianna ooooo i hope it gets made into a movie!!! that would be killer....i just hope they don't screw it up by changing up things....like they do to all books-n-2-movies.

Brianna Jennifer wrote: "Tito wrote: "wtf drew ryan looks like a 9 year old and tris better be a brunette or the movie is fail"

Tris is blonde in the book though..."

y should tris be a brunette??? n the book she's a blonde....

maddie I wish the authors had more saying in the movies

maddie LOl getting a little confused

Brianna Sara-Sadiya =D wrote: "i <3 anna-sophia rob shes awesome but i dnt see her as tris material gess we'll see soon who is"

i dnt kno....anna-sophia rob does sound like tris-material. i mean what other small frame, short blonde head caucasian girl, thats famous, we know of???

Brianna Michelle wrote: "Sara-Sadiya =D wrote: "i dnt no dnt hate me but i cant see divergent as a movie maybe i should wait and see if i catch the excitement"

I'm with you. I can't see it as a movie yet. Maybe because th..."

i could probably see it as a movie but its veronica's first book so they may or may not look into...it depends on how much ppl like it and it's sale ratings.

message 26: by Brianna (last edited Jul 15, 2011 08:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brianna maddie wrote: "I wish the authors had more saying in the movies"

oooo i agree with all the way....but once the author says "yes you may turn my book into a movie, thanks for paying me!" the director or whatever can do what ever he likes to the movie but still following up on the book.

Bobby I vote Chloe Grace Moretz to play Tris. She really has both sides going for her. I can see how she can portray a perfect character arc by starting sweet and 'selfless' (similar to rolls she has played in Amityville Horror, (500) DOS, Bolt, etc) but then she has the acting chops to totally transform into a total badass (similar to kick ass, let me in, etc). And next year, when they start filming, she will be 15 going on 16, so perfect age!

Gloria Alona Tal as Tris

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Brianna wrote: "Sara-Sadiya =D wrote: "i

i dnt kno....anna-sophia rob does sound like tris-material. i mean what other small frame, short blonde head caucasian girl, thats famous, we know of???"

Saoirse Ronan

message 30: by Fleur (last edited Jul 21, 2011 07:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fleur YUP! ITS GOING TO BE A MOVIE!
But since the movie will start being produced in 2015. My choice as Tris but must be as near the 16 years of age that the character has. She must have experience with the right features to add to the books. And though Emily Browning, Skyler Samuels, Elle Fanning and even Saoirse Ronan are great actresses to chose from.

I would rather take on Chloe Moretz as Tris!

Four can be anybody as long as he has great chemistry with whoever the actress chosen. And no Aaron Johnson cannot be Four. He is to his 43 year old director fiancee and has a daughter. So I want the guy to portray the actor to be single, available and a heartthrob!

Chris None of their choices for Tris are too convincing, but I'd probably go with Saorise Ronan. However, Nick Hoult entirely embodies Four in my mind. He can pull off the cute and sexy but still badass. That's my vote.

message 32: by Owen (new)

Owen The movie production is starting in 2015? Wow.

Rhine Aura wrote: "Drew Roy to play Four"

do you also think that he looks too... approachable?

message 34: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Aww I am kind of upset I don't want it to be ruined:( Oh well I hope it will be good.

Stacy This is a perfect book for a movie. This book was jammed pack with action. Please, they really can't go wrong.

Kenzie Jennifer wrote: "Saoirse Ronan and Max Irons would be amazing as Tris and Four. Saoirse Ronan has already proved herself with Hanna and max irons just has the perfect look for Four in my opinion :)"

i agree 100%. check out this link (i know its long, its just cause its from Google images)
http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=Saoirse...

message 37: by Kelli (last edited Aug 03, 2011 08:29AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kelli I'd have to say Saoirse Ronan for Tris. And I don't really know anything about the actors for Four, but just for looks I'd have to say Drew Roy or Max Irons.

message 38: by Nika (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nika I think Drew could do better! :) But Max it's also ok.

message 39: by Aura (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aura Nika wrote: "I think Drew could do better! :) But Max it's also ok."
Drew all the way!! :)

message 40: by Nika (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nika yep!! :D

Darlene Excited! I think Saiorse would make an awesome Tris but she's already Melanie Stryder(The Host). I'm thinking... Dakota Fanning, Danielle Chuchran, or Skyler Samuels. AnnaSophia's kind of too...pretty for Tris. Danielle might be too... Logan Lerman for Four & Drew Roy for Uriah!

message 42: by christy (last edited Aug 01, 2011 02:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

christy when i was reading the book i was pictureing someone like Dakota Fanning or AnnaSophia Robb and i think that Aimee Teegarden would have been good but shes just too...chesty haha or even Elle Fanning cause she looks young but she isn`t like tris haha

now for four i think that maybe Max Irons or Lucas Till (just cause hes soo cute :) or even Michael Trevino cause i loveee him on VD and of course Drew Roy haha but any of them would be good :P

Kelli yea I'm kinda thinking about Dakota Fanning for Tris too, I don't think I've seen any recent movies with her in them, but when she was little she was a great actress. She just looks a little too....idk..delicate? maybe. its hard to find words but she doesnt quite fit, none of these girls do. I think I just imagined Tris to be more toughlooking.

Kelli but they can do that with makeup and stuff so it will work out hopefully

TinaBee Dakota Fanning is perfect for Tris because (i know Dakota's pretty and all but she looks plain yet striking) while AnnaSophia Robb looks a bit girlier and more charming than Dakota, which isn't what's in Tris.

I don't know about Four but as long as he's dark haired and blue eyed, i'm happy. I've always imagined Logan Lerman as Peter, who looks all nice but really isn't. It'd definitely be something new from him.

a.n.j.i I don't think chloe moretz would play her, I mean she's a wonderful actor but she's also really popular she's one of the bigger kid actors in the business and with the way she's going she'll probably be lined up with big time blockbusters

Darlene Ooh I think Jake Abel (Luke from Percy Jackson) should play Peter

message 48: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara I Have no idea who I want to play Tris but I just finished the book today and I am dead set on my belief that Colton Haynes is the perfect Four I think he loooks the part and could very easily act it too :)

message 49: by Pip (new)

Pip Holy moly, I am so incredibly excited for this. But slightly anxious as to who they will cast for Four, he's meant to be handsome and dark-haired, as long as they fulfill that and don't hire some pretty blonde, I will be happy :)

Darlene Sara wrote: "I Have no idea who I want to play Tris but I just finished the book today and I am dead set on my belief that Colton Haynes is the perfect Four I think he loooks the part and could very easily act ..."

Oh heck yeah. Colten's perfect!

« previous 1