What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Romance/mystery novel (Nora Robertsesque) [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2 comments I'm trying to remember the name of a book where the main character is a woman, an attorney or paralegal) and she finds an old picture in a case file about a family that went missing. The little girl in the picture looks like her and has the same doll. The love interest is her boss and childhood friend whose dad is an alcoholic. The woman's mother is ill with ms (i think).
I thought it was a Nora Robert's book but I've looked through all of her synopses and have had no luck. any ideas?

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy The only two that come to mind are the Nina Reilly series by Perri O'Shaughnessy and Rosato and Associates series by Lisa Scottoline.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo | 6 comments It sounds a lot like Shattered by Karen Robards to me. Heroine is a lawyer who works as an assistant to the hero, a DA. Her mother has a serious illness and there's this case she's working on that has a picture of a girl who looks just like her and is holding a doll just like one she has.

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly | 2 comments Yes!!! Thank you! It is Shattered by Karen Robards. That was driving me crazy :)