Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

Book Discussions > Is this book clean?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lynette (new)

Lynette ~ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time ~ (escapingrealitybookreviews) | 2 comments Do you have any books you are debating reading because you're not sure if it's clean?
Here you can post your questions, and others who have read the book can help you out.

message 2: by Lynette (new)

Lynette ~ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time ~ (escapingrealitybookreviews) | 2 comments Has anybody read To Catch A Pirate?
I was just wondering if it was clean.

message 3: by Sonia (new)

Sonia Ashby | 1 comments Plain Jane by Sonia Ashby is another clean read,

message 4: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Jayda | 2300 comments Mod
To Catch A Pirate is clean :) I love that book!

message 5: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) | 125 comments Anybody know about Sarah Dessen? Particularly "This Lullaby".

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

What about Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead?

message 7: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Jayda wrote: "To Catch A Pirate is clean :) I love that book!"

That is a cute book!

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments To catch a pirate sounds good. :D

I haven't read VA or TL so I couldn't answer that.

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 101 comments Is The Iron Daughter and Queen clean? And I read a few reviews on Vampire Academy cuz I wanted to read that series and from what I got from these reviews it sounded like they weren't but I wouldn't go by what I say cuz i have never read them before.

message 10: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) | 125 comments Can we have a topic of books that weren't clean that we've read? I feel like that would be helpful.

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments I like that Idea Thalia. Jayda?

message 12: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey Has anyone read fallen, and if so is it a clean book?
Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate
ive been wanting to read it (mostly because the cover is SO pretty)

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 101 comments Lyndsey wrote: "Has anyone read fallen, and if so is it a clean book?
Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate
ive been wanting to read it (mostly because the cover is SO pretty)"

I've read it and loved it! And it's clean.

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 101 comments Has anyone read My Soul To Take?

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Ooh good, I want to read Fallen. :D

message 16: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey Thanks!

message 17: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments What about Hush, Hush is it clean? Has anyone read it?

message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments I'm assuming it is because I believe the author is LDS, but you never know.

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 101 comments I've read Hush Hush and it doesn't have any sex in it and I did love it. But it does have a few innuendos. But again I really liked it!

message 20: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Okay! Thanks.

message 21: by cat (new)

cat (catalleecat) | 20 comments do any of you know about sarah dessen is she clean?

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 101 comments Ummmm I haven't read her before, but I think I've heard that a few of her books aren't clean, but a few are. I'm not sure though. I've put a few of her books on my list but that was after reading what people put about the book and it sounded like the ones I put down were clean, but I could be wrong.

message 23: by cat (new)

cat (catalleecat) | 20 comments oh thank you!!!! i have been wondering for a while and haven't been able to find the answer, until now!!! thank you!!

message 24: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 101 comments Yep. All I do if I can't get answeres about a book, I read what other people put about the book. I normally look at the lower star comments cuz those people normally put what was so bad about the book.

message 25: by Jayda, Future NYT Bestseller! © (new)

Jayda | 2300 comments Mod
I've been meaning to read some of her books, actually. When I get around to actually being able to find them for cheap I'll let you know my opinion :)

message 26: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Cool. Thanks Jayda. I've wondered that to.

message 27: by Rachael (new)

Rachael My sister has read Iron King which is the first book in the Iron Daughter, Iron Queen series and she said it wasn't clean but I haven't read it so I don't know the particulars.

message 28: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments One of my favorite reviewers said that the content (In Iron Fey books) has language throughout so that would be a problem. Also some innuendo. Beyond that I don't know.

message 29: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 101 comments I read the first book, and there is language and some innuendos, but there isn't a sex scene or even close to one...if I remember correctly.

message 30: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments gotcha. was it good besides that?

message 31: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 101 comments I really liked it, it seemed like a good start to a really good series. I just hope that it stays okay.

message 32: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments OKay. I heard that it's pretty much the same throughout.. I'll go check the reviews.

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Iron Daughter:
Content: My only real issue with this series is there is too much swearing for my taste. There is some innuendo/sexual tension similar to what is found in the Twilight series.

Iron Queen:
Content: Some mild language but it didn't seem to be a prevalent as in the first 2 books. Perhaps the difference is simply that I read this book and listened to the audio of the first 2 books in the series and the language stands out to me more when the narrator shouts it in my ear. There is another content issue that might concern parents (not graphic) but it would spoil the story if I shared more than that. Ages 16+

Iron Knight:
Content: the same as the other books in the series, if you didn't have an issue with them this one won't bother you

message 34: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments HOpe that helps

message 35: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 101 comments Oh thanks! Where did you find all that?

message 36: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 631 comments Oh, one of my friends is LDS and she has this amazing book blog. With giveaways Author interviews, book reviews and stuff, and in her reviews she gives content. So fab. :D

iamareadernotawriter.blogspot.com

message 37: by Anna (new)

Anna (tartanthorn) WHAT!!!! she's LDS?!? My day just keeps getting better and better :)

message 38: by Emma (new)

Emma | 31 comments Is "A Curse Dark As Gold" clean? I've been reading a ton of reviews of retold fairy tales that I'm interested in, but based on some of the reviews I've read, a bunch of then seem to be unclean. I saw this and it looks really interesting, and the I saw this review:

"It was a deep and meaningful and romantic and clean. Squeaky clean. Gasp! This shouldn't be a miraculous thing, but it is. I loved how this book proves that the seemingly impossibility of having all four of these characteristics in one book is not, in actual fact, impossible."

So, does anyone know anything else about it? Thanks.

message 39: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (Damiangirl) | 134 comments I havent read it, but i have heard thats its a pretty clean book. So i mean i dont have a first hand account, but i hope this helps. :)

message 40: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (Damiangirl) | 134 comments And ps my friends also decribed it as "squeaky clean" :)

message 41: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (Damiangirl) | 134 comments So I also wanted to get your guys' opinions about Sarah Dessen...is she clean in your opinion? Ive read a couple of her books but im not sure if i want to read more...

message 42: by Thalia (new)

Thalia (thaliaanderson) | 125 comments Which ones have you read? I've read Dreamland, Lock and Key, and This Lullaby and thoroughly enjoyed all of them. They're all some of my favorites. She addresses things in a way that it's not uncomfortable or dirty, and I feel like her books are generally clean (except for cursing in some cases). Anyway, I wouldn't list her as an author to stay away from, because she's a really great writer and her stuff is good.

message 43: by Jessica (last edited Mar 24, 2012 07:41PM) (new)

Jessica | 101 comments Good to know cuz I have several of her books on my tbr list.

message 44: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (Damiangirl) | 134 comments Ive read Lock and Key and Just Listen....Just Listen is the one that got me scared. Its not that bad, its just the topic thats not good! Yes i generally love her books too :)

message 45: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Emma wrote: "Is "A Curse Dark As Gold" clean? I've been reading a ton of reviews of retold fairy tales that I'm interested in, but based on some of the reviews I've read, a bunch of then seem to be unclean. I ..."

I've read it and I wouldn't call it "squeaky clean." Unfortunately, I read it awhile ago so I can't remember exactly how bad the scene was but there was one scene that at least bordered on bad. If I'm remembering correctly it was also a bit disturbing during another part.

message 46: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 03, 2012 03:10PM) (new)

i've read the whole fallen series by lauren kate. it's really clean, some passionate kisses but no bad scenes at all.it may be a bit violent. it's a truly awesome series,

Rapture (Fallen, #4) by Lauren Kate

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

is this book clean?

Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows

message 48: by Emily (new)

Emily | 1 comments i am a huge advocate of Shanon Hale. she is an LDS author and all her books are clean. Her Austenland books has some kissing in it but nothing major and i wouldnt even call it scandolous. academy princess and goose girl are my favorites

message 49: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 101 comments Love Goose Girl!!!!

message 50: by Emma (new)

Emma | 31 comments Is The Grass King's Concubine by Kari Sperring clean? I heard great stuff about it, but the title's use of the word concubine makes me cautious. Has anyone read it?

« previous 1 3