The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Do you think Katniss should have taken her sister's place?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Dawn Hale Do you think Katniss should have? Or should she have let Primrose go to the Hungry Games?

Charlotte Waller Yes, I think she did the right thing. Her sister was so young and her mother needed her sister at home too. It developed Katnis' character.

Ruka Yes, if she hadn't then there would be no Hunger Games triology.:]

MizziQ Nah

Nurlely That's an absolute action. Why even bother considering otherwise?

Emily Donnellan I can not imagine her choosing any other way. Katniss loved her sister so much that volunteering was the only option once Prim's name was chosen. I know if that had happened to my sister that is exactly what I would have done.

Dawn Hale Emily wrote: "I can not imagine her choosing any other way. Katniss loved her sister so much that volunteering was the only option once Prim's name was chosen. I know if that had happened to my sister that is ex..."

Same, I can't imagine my little sister doing something like that.

Elizabeth Cornish Of course Katniss should have taken Prim's place. If she hadn't, she never would have found out that Peeta loved her, Prim and Peeta probably would have both died, and the plot of the story would have been completely boring. Plus, who would willingly let their sister go into a fight to the death??

Nurlely The practical way to answer the question is like R said, if Katniss had not done that, there will be no Hunger Games.

Syahira it will be much boring if she's chosen straight away

!ĘŁÏŻÅ¡ If you like the hunger games, join this group. All the tribute spots are taken but you can wait to do it next time or you can make a person to train the tributes. http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/4...

Juliet yes, it was just the right thing to do for her character because the one person she truly loved in the world was about to die. It wouldn't have been right for her to just stand there.

message 13: by maddie (last edited Jun 28, 2011 02:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

maddie in my opinion, it was really the ONLY thing to do. if she hadnt, there wouldnt be The Hunger Games at all, she would have never fallen in love with peeta and she would have been able to stand to watch prim die so young, helpless and alone in the arena.

Alyssa Well I think she did the right thing she also knew that if there was even the slightest chance of one of them surviving it would be her. She did what she could to save Prim which I think any body should agree that she wanted the best for Prim and that was always what she tried to give her. She also wouldn't have realized that Peta LOVED her + where would Catching Fire and Mocking Jay have gone with out that happening:)

Braden A.K.A B-Ballin It was the right thing to do for sure. Who would want to see their family member die? No one. And Katniss knew that she had a lot better chance of winning with her bow skills. And I would do the same thing for my brother. Even though he's two years older and has a WAYY bigger chance of winning. I would rather it be me than anyone else I knew.

This may sound bad. But it was, in a way. Screwing over her family. Katniss was the only one keeping that family alive. And sending herself to die was a bad choice. But I think the fact that she could win a TON of money. Helped a lot. So she saved her sister. And maybe, would be able to help out not only her family but the whole district. Its amazing what she did. Really.

message 16: by maddie (last edited Jun 28, 2011 04:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

maddie well, what would have happened if she got killed or she accidently swallowed the nightlock? that would have been a suckish ending anyway and peeta would have done the same thing then. he even showed in Catching fire that he would have never been able to live without katniss when he took haymitches place in the 75th hungergames + like alyssa said, there would have never been Catching fire or Mockingjay if she never had taken prims place.

Anna Lee It shows that she loved her sister so much she was willing to do anything to keep her alive- including dying. This book has a good message<3 and an excellent plot. I wouldn't want it any other way.

message 18: by maddie (last edited Jun 28, 2011 05:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

maddie what happens if they take parts out of some of the love scenes in the movie? people who never read the books wont get the entire message. they only have like a year and a half to make the movie so, just think about that and then add in ( well, to me) how suckishly they did on the cast... I MEAN SERIOUSLY...JUST LOOK AT THEM!!

maddie i wonder how suzanne feels... maybe she feels as terrified as most of us fans on how her books are being made into movies by these people who apparently need more experience casting the characters.

Danielle I don't think ms. collins absolutely hates the casting. I read somewhere that she was happy with the actors picked. I in my opinion think the leads fit the main characters really well.

maddie they dont seem that good. i mean i never knew that cinna was lack in the book. i think they should have found new actors that mayb looked more natural then havng to dye their hair or wear contacts...theyr also supposed to look tougher..they live in district 12

Danielle I think the casting people went more off of acting ablity than looks. I do agree about the hair not looking natural peeta looks a little wierd with his dark roots showing under his blonde hair, but that is really my only bone to pick with casting related stuff.

maddie yah they realy should have focused on looks though. like liam doesnt have the right build andstuff

Danielle I'm still excited for the movie whether the characters look like I imagined or not.

maddie i know, im totally freaking obsessed ...i sad its ended though. rite now im reading the first book again for the third timelol

Mockingjay Danielle wrote: "I don't think ms. collins absolutely hates the casting. I read somewhere that she was happy with the actors picked. I in my opinion think the leads fit the main characters really well."

I like who they chose for Katniss, but really- what were they thinking when they cast Peeta!

Mockingjay Danielle wrote: "I don't think ms. collins absolutely hates the casting. I read somewhere that she was happy with the actors picked. I in my opinion think the leads fit the main characters really well."

I like who they chose for Katniss, but really- what were they thinking when they cast Peeta!

Mockingjay maddie wrote: "i know, im totally freaking obsessed ...i sad its ended though. rite now im reading the first book again for the third timelol"

Me too! lol I am absolutely obsessed! I just finished the first book for the fourth time and I'm now reading the second book for the fourth time!

maddie the second was sorta depressing although i liked them just as much as the other ones in th series all the way

Mockingjay maddie wrote: "the second was sorta depressing although i liked them just as much as the other ones in th series all the way"

Yeah- I loved Mockingjay even though many people said it was a great disappointment, Truly I thought it was brilliant! And really there was no other direction Suzanne Collins could have went, without ruining the series. It was a perfect conclusion to the best series on earth!

Mockingjay maddie wrote: "the second was sorta depressing although i liked them just as much as the other ones in th series all the way"

Yeah- I loved Mockingjay even though many people said it was a great disappointment, Truly I thought it was brilliant! And really there was no other direction Suzanne Collins could have went, without ruining the series. It was a perfect conclusion to the best series on earth!

maddie total agreement...p.s love the username lol

Mockingjay Thanks- I'm gonna have to try to read this Nevermore series- what is the first book called?

maddie ...Nevermore lol. the book is amazing filled with romance anddrama youll want to stay up all night reading it....you can go online and read a couple of parts from it...but what sux is on every website it sayd that they have to make you skip pages because theyre not downloaded...and it doesnt show all the good prts. and i cannt wait for the second book. ...did you read my revies?...did i even leave a review bout it? lol

Mockingjay maddie wrote: "...Nevermore lol. the book is amazing filled with romance anddrama youll want to stay up all night reading it....you can go online and read a couple of parts from it...but what sux is on every webs..."

Ill go check and see if i can pick them up at the library thanx!

maddie welcome...and your luky. i returned them monday lol

message 38: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn Hale Mockingjay wrote: "maddie wrote: "...Nevermore lol. the book is amazing filled with romance anddrama youll want to stay up all night reading it....you can go online and read a couple of parts from it...but what sux i..."

Got the series if u wanna read them

maddie ....but the second book hasnt even comeot yet i thought???

message 40: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn Hale for the Evermore series or the Hungry Games?

Mockingjay Dawn wrote: "for the Evermore series or the Hungry Games?"

The Nevermore series/its like Maddie's profile picture.

Anna Lee I liked Katniss' character a lot.....not so much Peeta. But rember...they're going to make them look totally different in the movie

message 43: by Steve (last edited Jun 30, 2011 11:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Steve Chaput Dawn wrote: "Do you think Katniss should have? Or should she have let Primrose go to the Hungry Games?"

I think Katniss did the only thing she could do. I mean, plot wise there wouldn't have been much of a story with Katniss just standing there while her younger sister was taken to die. Certainly not three books worth!

message 44: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn Hale Anna Lee wrote: "I liked Katniss' character a lot.....not so much Peeta. But rember...they're going to make them look totally different in the movie"

Yeah.. not liking the person who plays Peeta

message 45: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn Hale Anna Lee wrote: "I liked Katniss' character a lot.....not so much Peeta. But rember...they're going to make them look totally different in the movie"

Same.. not liking who they choose to play Peeta

message 46: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn Hale Steve wrote: "Dawn wrote: "Do you think Katniss should have? Or should she have let Primrose go to the Hungry Games?"

I think Katniss did the only thing she could do. I mean, plot wise there wouldn't have be..."

Yeah, alot of big sisters would have done that for their little sister, i know i would... it would be pretty boring

Anna Lee How could you live with NOT doing it? That would be worse than dying, in my opinion......

Suzie Of course Katniss did the right thing!

Sadie she totally did the right thing!! just think prim would've died pretty quickly!

Steve Chaput I'm sure Peeta would have done his best to protect Prim, but as we saw he could barely keep himself alive.

« previous 1