The Sword and Laser discussion

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
This topic is about The Hunger Games
2011 Reads > THG: MineCraft: The Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gumberkules (new)

Gumberkules | 3 comments Hi All,

The latest podcast brought up the idea of a "Hunger Games" TV show. This would never work b/c of all the death needed to make it watchable. But as luck would have it, I was listening to the podcast while playing MineCraft.

I was struck by the compatibility of the two. Minecraft makes you use the environment and weapons to defend yourself. It would also be relatively easy to make a mod for it restricting arena sizes and weapons. You could also offer zero respawns.

It wouldn't be as captivating as watching a "Hunger Game" in meat space but it would still be pretty fun to play in the virtual world.

Just my two cents,

Gum

Liam (empiricalpython) | 1 comments Gum,

This has Already been done, there called the Minecraft survival games. The maps are not true representations of the Hunger Games world, but they do make for interesting gameplay. The online Minecrast Survival Games servers can be found at:

http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/

The game puts you and upto 23 other ‘tributes’ against each other, in breath taking Minecraft scenery, on a map which poses some challenges of its own.

-- Liam

message 3: by Kev (new)

Kev (sporadicreviews) | 639 comments My kids do the Minecraft: Hunger Games thing all the time.