We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives - Group Reads > July 2011 Book Club Discussion: Midnight Angel by Lisa Kleypas

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Midnight Angel (Stokehurst, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

A noblewoman of frail beauty and exotic mystery fakes her own death to escape the gallows. And now she must flee. In disguise and under a false identity, she finds unexpected sanctuary in the arms of a handsome and arrogant yet gallant British lord who must defy society to keep her safe. . .and overcome a tragic past to claim her as his own.

message 2: by MashJ (last edited Jun 30, 2011 02:05PM) (new)

MashJ | 733 comments Well it's 2 hours and 25 minutes early but I think I'll post a couple of thoughts.

(1) Setting- I really loved the Russian settings and use of Russian culture/characters. I also liked that LK imbued the Russian characters with noticeably different personalities- stereotypes or representative of Russian thinking? I hope maybe the latter and having read a lot of the Russian classics (in translation!!) I could see where she was coming from.

(2) The age difference. Like most people I know a number of happy couples with a sizeable age difference. However I couldn't help but feel that Stokehurst exploited Tasia given her youth and vulnerable position (she was pretty much alone in the country and he was her employer in a time when that gave him the right to do what he wished). What do you guys think?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.