Contemporary Christian Fiction discussion

Soul Surfer

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Morgan | 7 comments can anyone recommend book titles for people who enjoyed either the book or movie, "Soul Surfer"? Thanks!

message 2: by Iola (new)

Iola (iola_goulton) | 4 comments Joni, by Joni Earekson Tada. There are also sequels and a movie was made in the early 1980's. I remember reading this when I was about 10 years old.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 70 comments Joni is good! She actually has a few out that she has written about her life and stuff.
If you like real life stories about people who struggle with stuff, then I would read The Hiding Placeby Corrie Ten Boom. Her family hid jews during the Nazi regime and then she and her family were shoveled around to three different concentration camps...one of them was Auschwitz.
Then there's Fanny Crosby's autobiography Fanny J. Crosby: An Autobiography orThis Is My Story This Is My Song

Helen KellerThe Story of My Life

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom Pollack (tompollack) | 3 comments I saw movie at the Lido Theater on the Balboa Peninsula in Newport Beach Ca and thought it was great! Have not had time to read the book!

message 5: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Morgan | 7 comments Just saw the movie myself. It is very well done. Some Christians feel that there's not enough emphasis on Bethenny Hamilton's faith. However, I think that given that the film seems to have come from the Hollywood establishment (just look at the stars: Helen Hunt, Dennis Quaid etc.) it does a fine job of respecting Bethenny's faith even if it does not overtly evangalize. A very worthwhile film.

message 6: by Libby (new)

Libby I agree!
Peggy wrote: "Just saw the movie myself. It is very well done. Some Christians feel that there's not enough emphasis on Bethenny Hamilton's faith. However, I think that given that the film seems to have come fro..."