The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > True Blood Season 4 has started.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Not to turn S&L discussion into anymore of a HBO series discussion board than it already is but ...
Did anyone catch from 1st episode that Aunt Petunia has obviously been to Hogwarts (and graduated from the looks of it)?

message 2: by Halbot42 (new)

Halbot42 | 185 comments Ah, so season 4 looks like they are continuing HBO's trend of dumbing down, sexing up, and generally cheesifying the stories. I read this book a few years ago but i really dont remember any fairies flinging fireballs. Honestly, i think Jessica is the only improvement the show has made on the books.

message 3: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6264 comments Was there any snogging?

message 4: by Halbot42 (new)

Halbot42 | 185 comments Yeah, exciting girl on girl action from Tara and a new friend. But who told the fairies to put their clothes on this season?

message 5: by Nick (last edited Jun 28, 2011 05:19AM) (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Fiona Shaw (aka Aunt Petunia from the Harry Potter Films) plays the head witch in the coven featured in the first two episodes of the new season so far. That is what I mean by " Aunt Petunia has obviously been to Hogwarts (and graduated from the looks of it)".

I haven't read any of the Sookie Stackhouse novels but based off the four seasons I've watched I'd say the last season made Sookie seem like the least likely protagonist from the list of characters featured. She seems to be perpetually clueless and stupid ( going into dangerous situations with little to no plans to get out). Almost any of the supporting characters would make for a better main character. Tara for all her flaws is far more interesting and doesn't feel nearly as clueless.

message 6: by Robert (last edited Jun 28, 2011 10:12AM) (new)

Robert M (rfmdevil73) | 12 comments I felt lost watching True Blood. A lot has changed & left with unanswered questions about the missing year & 2 weeks. However, I watched the early showing of episode 2 & some questions got answered. I can't judge a season by the 1st episode or 2. Watch the 2nd episode early or wait, I think it was an improvement over the 1st. I hope the rest of the season is good.

message 7: by Nick (last edited Aug 01, 2011 12:42PM) (new)

Nick (whyzen) | 1295 comments Watched Episode 6 and Sookie still is agitating me. God forbid she makes a decision that makes sense. And whats going on with Eric? (view spoiler)

The biggest question is, if I get so agitated with the story line then why am I still watching the show.

message 8: by Halbot42 (new)

Halbot42 | 185 comments ill give you two fantastic, moonlit reasons why you are still watching Nick:) the scene tween Jason and Jessica was nice i thought, but even all the sex was kinda meh

message 9: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1680 comments Mod
Moving this thread into TV Shows and Movies.