A Song of Ice & Fire Fans discussion

Question about Arya (spoilers!!)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments So I reading A Storm of Swords and I had a question about one of Arya's comments. I don't know if anyone remembers, but she asked little Ned if he ever killed a man. When he answered that he was 12 (saying he was too young for that), she made a comment (in her head) that she killed a boy at the age of 8...
Wasn't she older when she killed the stable boy???

message 2: by Clark (new)

Clark Coston (tesko) | 44 comments That sounds about right. If I remember correctly, she was eight or nine in AGoT.

message 3: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments I kept thinking Bran was that age... What age was Bran in AGoT? I must have mixed it all up... :)

message 4: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments But she kept saying she is 12 in the 3rd book... Has it been 4 years since she left King's Landing? It just doesn't seem that long...

message 5: by Mach (new)

Mach | 198 comments I think she is lying in the third book when she says she is 12... i think. i am pretty sure she is 11.

message 6: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments You might be right. Ah, they are growing up so fast... :)

message 7: by Clark (new)

Clark Coston (tesko) | 44 comments I think in either A Storm of Swords or A Feast For Crows, she notes that she has lost track of how old she is and isn't sure anyway.

I'm pretty sure Bran was six in AGoT. We forget sometimes just how young these characters are, and they aged them up for the show.

message 8: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) | 1113 comments In AGOT Bran is seven and Arya is 8. Their ages were enhanced for the series.

message 9: by Maja (new)

Maja (maja_montero) | 105 comments Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "In AGOT Bran is seven and Arya is 8. Their ages were enhanced for the series."

So was she really 12 by the 3rd book?

message 10: by Rodrigo (new)

Rodrigo Moretto | 109 comments I don't think so. She was probably lying and I do remember her saying once that she couldn't even remember anymore.

message 11: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jaymetheghostreader) | 1113 comments She wold have been 10 by book 3.