Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Your fear landscape

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Reddeath83 While going on a walk through the forest at the weekend, I came across more than a dozen slugs. I can't help myself, but to me those creatures are absolutely disgusting. Having finished reading 'Divergent' shortly before that incident, I immediately thought that a giant tank of slugs would definitely be an obstacle in my fear landscape. You might think that's ridiculous, but maybe it's not much more ridiculous than Christina's fear of moths ;o)

I bet that you've already made up your mind about your fear landscape as well. Are you willing to share any of your 'obstacles'? Especially the one's other people might not consider posing any problem?

Annie I have one I'm not willing to share, but other than that... my fear landscape would include dwarves (as in, actual short people) and hypodermic needles. I don't think many people are as afraid of midgets as I am. It's an embarrassing phobia.

Braden A.K.A B-Ballin I really dont know what my inner most fears are. The big ones. But I know im deathly afraid of snakes, and the dark.

message 4: by MisTris (new) - added it

MisTris Roaches, spiders, and heights. And commitment.

Lunabell Well, they said that fear landscapes can be metaphorical as well. Like she probably wasn't actually afraid of birds, or of water.
I'd definitely be drowning though. And trapped in various places.

Allen ABH My fears would be loneliness,my house getting robbed,a close family members death stuff like that

Erica I think my biggest hugest like most overwhelming fear is being told that the people I love don't love me. The feeling of ultimate loneliness just leaves me shaking

Fleur Aside from being claustrophobic like four, my fear landscape would also be drowning in a pool of leeches. And to top that off being brutally murdered by a psychotic sadistic serial killer who tortuously kills me slowly. Morbid right?

message 9: by Rhine (last edited Jul 25, 2011 03:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rhine Being buried alive
Being left by the people I love, or told that they don't love me
Large spiders / roaches
Public humiliation
Being forced to hurt animals or people (especially ones I know)
Free falling

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Ugh, I hate slugs as well. As a kid I used to have nightmares where they climbed up my legs or into my bed.

My obstacle would also involve having to walking along a tight ledge somewhere very high up. I get so queasy with heights.

message 11: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Mine would be spiders, never being loved, being abandoned,bridges,being trapped in a dark place and a bunch of other things. Needless to say I would have a ton of obstacles to face.

Anshu I'm really scared of snakes and other reptiles. they really creep me out!

Christine I would definitely have more than Four. Drowning or spiders would be on the list. Drowning in spiders...now that would be terrifying.

message 14: by Sophia (last edited Jul 26, 2011 10:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sophia Insects. Of any way, shape, or form. They absolutely creep me out. Especially moths and cockroaches. Other than that...being alone in an open dark space...cause I never know what I might find.

Kasey i think i would be drowning at some point..
definitely buried alive, i've worried about that more than once
loved ones being killed in front of me
being kidnapped...
and i honestly don't know what my biggest fear would be though

maddie ...i actually have no idea what my biggest fears would be. the nly thing i hate is roaches and spiders...but im not necessarily drastically scared of them

message 17: by Megan (last edited Jul 27, 2011 02:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Megan spiders. definitely spiders. I hate them. Or Stink Bugs. They're disgusting. Actually, my fear landscape would probably be a LOT of bugs. I hate them. I'm not a big fan of heights either. Oh, and I don't really like needles, but I'm not deathly afraid of them or anything.

Jayda Dyment Butterflys. Oh god I hate them.I sweare there evil. Ugh thats my fear landscape a room full of Butterflys...SCARY!!!

Paige Miller Birds, tight spaces, thunderstorms, and being underground. Just like Four, I have only four... :P Although honestly I think if there was an actual fear landscape there would be stuff that I wasn't even aware I was afraid of, yknow?

message 20: by Gracie (last edited Aug 08, 2011 01:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gracie I would probably be be covered in spiders, in a really dark scary place, falling from a really great distance and watching loved ones die in front of me or having to kill them, something to do with deep water or underwater creatures... Oh, and a world without books :)

Megan another part of mine would probably be watching someone destroy the books I love. Like Divergent. Now that would be torture!

message 22: by Kenzie (last edited Jul 29, 2011 12:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kenzie -hmm, im pretty sure that being a dark room and not being able to see whats around me. i guess where that this fear originates from some of the dreams that i have, where i'm looking at somthing and i cant see clearly. no matter how hard i try, i cant see. and its terrifying for some reason.. although in real life i assume it wouldnt be scary whatsoever.
-another really huge fear i have, like others above i see, is finding out that the people i love don't love me.
-i also am afraid of driving at top speed on ATVs or dirt bikes.. i do find it a little fun, but for the most part im terrified of flying off and getting badly injured, or the whole thing tipping over and landing on top of me, and nobody seems to notice (obviously isn't likely for no one to notice me in a situation like that, but i could happen in a fear landscape)
-this fear is actually from a horror movie i watched, and has freaked me out since then.. and its that im in a dark room (again) and there's people surrounding me that i have no idea who they are. and they're grabbing at me and pushing me around. (from the movie INSIDIOUS, btw)

Kenzie Megan wrote: "another part of mine would probably be watching someone destroy the books I love. Like Divergent. Now that would be torture!"

haha, i think this would also be part of my fear landscape. it sounds just like me ;)

message 24: by Nika (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nika ALeXi$ wrote: "I'm really scared of snakes and other reptiles. they really creep me out!"

I'm on the same! I think they are disgusting..! But another fear mine would be the loneliness, if you are alone..is horrible!

Megan Kenzie wrote: "-hmm, im pretty sure that being a dark room and not being able to see whats around me. i guess where that this fear originates from some of the dreams that i have, where i'm looking at somthing and..."

Good to know that I'm not the only totally, freakishly book obsessed person in the world....

Kenzie Megan- no kidding! i totally thought i was the only one who was this book obsessed, until i found this website and read some of other people's comments and posts :)

Jazmyn Crowds would probably be my main one (I've always been terrified of people and if I get caught in a crowd I panic. I'm fairly sure this isn't normal. haha). There would also be bugs, poison ivy, darkness and spinning (yes, I am pathetic).

Megan Kenzie wrote: "Megan- no kidding! i totally thought i was the only one who was this book obsessed, until i found this website and read some of other people's comments and posts :)"

I know! It made me feel like less of a nerd :)

Sophia Megan wrote: "spiders. definitely spiders. I hate them. Or Stink Bugs. They're disgusting. Actually, my fear landscape would probably be a LOT of bugs. I hate them. I'm not a big fan of heights either. Oh, and I..."

Same here about the bugs...they absolutely creep me out...

Megan Chameleon wrote: "Megan wrote: "spiders. definitely spiders. I hate them. Or Stink Bugs. They're disgusting. Actually, my fear landscape would probably be a LOT of bugs. I hate them. I'm not a big fan of heights eit..."

They're horrible, disgusting creatures.

message 31: by Pip (new)

Pip Enclosed spaces, having to get something in deep, dark water, losing the people I love, and probably something involving the dark.

And MOTHS. I was so glad to read Christina was afraid of them too XD I hate them, HATE THEM. Ewwwww

Livija Im afraid of spiders, of missing in sea(drowning), apducted, raping....gousts, mans without faces....
:D Funny fears...to me :D

VG/Allie My fear sacpe...

Spiders, nt being able to save my friends and family, a cage, and love...
Yes i know the last one is sad but i have the world biggest fear of loving someone.

message 34: by Mary (new)

Mary Spiders, centipedes, lightning and being alone forever(although, I've gotten alot better at dealing with it). But definitely spiders, centipedes and lightning!

Julie Falllllllllllling.

Reham SPIDERS , i would cry if they were near me , haha .
unloved , that's one of my biggiest fears .
being weak , i'm like Tris in the book , i can't stand feeling weak or others seing me that way .
alone , i'm so freaking scared of being left alone without friends or family .

Sylvia My fear landscape would be trapped in a confined space with no window or fresh air...i'm claustrophobic

Angelica Fire and being buried. Those are the 2 I can think of off the top of my head!!

message 39: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 11, 2011 05:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Mine would have been
Spiders
Snakes
Claustrophobia
Probably a kidnapping one cause I do have nightmares and paranoia about being kidnapped and rapped
Drowning
Fire
And maybe a more emotional one about losing all my friends and family and being alone
I have a lot well all the usual ways no one wants to die!

Janae Reham wrote: "SPIDERS , i would cry if they were near me , haha .
unloved , that's one of my biggiest fears .
being weak , i'm like Tris in the book , i can't stand feeling weak or others seing me that way .
..."

I feel that way too! I totally understand and that's why I don't cry in front of people I hate and try to avoid it at almost all costs!

Janae Jennifer wrote: "Mine would have been
Spiders
Snakes
Claustrophobia
Probably a kidnapping one cause I do have nightmares and paranoia about being kidnapped and rapped
Drowning
Fire
And maybe a more emotional one ..."

I'm also afraid of being kidnapped too and snakes and I am big spider freak!
I also have this fear of a pool being filled while I'm inside of it and I have no way to get out of the pool and I can't swim!

Salem Mine would be:
Clowns
Heights/Falling
My Husband and kids being harmed, killed or taken
Escaping from someone/something and being chased

Sophia Kenzie wrote: "-hmm, im pretty sure that being a dark room and not being able to see whats around me. i guess where that this fear originates from some of the dreams that i have, where i'm looking at somthing and..."

Actually, it is pretty scaring eing in a dark room and you can't see...that happened to me once...I was totally convinced that there was someone in my room...and I couldn't turn on the lights cause then I would have to get out of bed..it was a nightmare!!! (not literally)

Sarah I'm ok with spiders but i hate ants. Their fast, their everywhere and they like to bite.
Probably being trapped somewhere and forgotton about.
Being chased.
screwing up and letting everyone down.
And commitment.

Hannah Parker Chameleon wrote: "Kenzie wrote: "-hmm, im pretty sure that being a dark room and not being able to see whats around me. i guess where that this fear originates from some of the dreams that i have, where i'm looking ..."

that reminded me of something. Lying in bed and have the feeling some creeper is staring at you.

Hannah Parker Veggy wrote: "My fear sacpe...

Spiders, nt being able to save my friends and family, a cage, and love...
Yes i know the last one is sad but i have the world biggest fear of loving someone."

lol its ok i feel the same way(love thing)

Hannah Parker Hannah (Cenah A.Laughinglily) Parker I had a nightmare once that I had a twin that no one new about ,not even me. She stole my identity, and then she convinced every one that she was me. All of my friends and family hated me because they thought that I wasn’t real, that she was me.
So I think that my fear would be every one not believing me, hating me and treating as a fake.
My other would be ants crawling up my nose or in my ears and…uggg...ewww

Jessica Being in a high speed car chase4 would be mine...Im terrified of getting into an accident

message 49: by Katie (last edited Sep 11, 2011 11:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katie Pain... So i guess being tortured.
Inflecting pain on someone I love.
Being too close to the edge.. Not necessarily heights, but falling.
I think most of mine come down to being hurt mentally or physically.

Oh and letting people down. I have a crazy need to please people...

Salem I forgot I also have a horrible fear of Electric Shock Therapy. Scares me to death!!! Watching House, M.D. reminded me and now I will not sleep.

« previous 1