The Bitten Apple discussion

Random Discussions > Recent Reads

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Bell (sumerfun) | 8 comments Mod
Tell us about your recent reads. What did you read? Did you enjoy reading it? When did it hook you (first page, middle...)? Who was your favorite character and Why? Would you recommend this book to others? Who would you recommend it to? Anything else you feel you want to add about this read?

Don't forget to add your book to your comment!!

message 2: by Tiffany (last edited Jun 27, 2011 01:04PM) (new)

Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
I just finished reading Jurassic park by Micheal Crichton. I enjoyed reading this book very much and would like to read some more of Crichton's work. Jurassic Park got me just a few pages in and I would have finished it in a very short time period if I weren't so busy the past couple of weeks. My favorite character in this novel is a young boy named Tim who is very intelligent and generally not understood by his father. Tim is a happy and easy-going character who you can't help but to fall in love with. I would recommend this book to any reader who enjoyed the movie or who enjoys dinosaurs at all for it brings these extinct creatures into such a great focus that you can't put it down. I don't know why I always assume books and movies about them are going to be extremely similar. I know that books are always better than movies but the gravity of this fact never quite hits me until I finish reading or watching a story(depending on whether I watched the movie or read the book first).

Looking forward to reading about all of your recent reads.

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria Ferenzo (thestormybookshelf) | 1 comments Ape House

I just finished Ape House by Sarah Gruen. I really enjoyed the book. After the first chapter i was pretty much hooked because crazy things happen and you dont get to find out fully until the end. I didn't have a favorite character because i liked them all. Each character had its own story and made the book even more interesting. I would recommend this book to any animal lovers out there or just anyone interested in a good thriller. If you like this book i also recommend Sarah Gruens other novel Water For Elephants which is one of my favorite novels.

message 4: by Tiffany (new)

Thanks for sharing.