WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers discussion

eBook or Printed Book?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris, Online Marketing Manager @ Random House (new)

Chris Sigfrids (chrissigfrids) | 3 comments Mod
Which do you prefer...reading an eBook or a printed book (or both!)?

message 2: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (col0524) | 1 comments I love the convenience of throwing my Kindle in my purse when I'm running out the door and being able to pull it out anywhere, in line at the grocery store, at the mall food court, etc. I do, however, still have 5 bookshelves full of books at home that I am hoping to one day get through.

message 3: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Neal (familymgrkendra) | 1 comments Printed Book! I like the smell of books and I really enjoy trips to the library or bookstore!

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1 comments Both!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (shewillmovemtns) | 1 comments I absolutely love uing my Kindle, and especially love getting all of the FREE e-books that Amazon has on their site, but nothing beats leafing through actual pages with your fingers, at least for me. It's magical.

message 6: by Renee (new)

Renee (rannsmith61) | 1 comments I love my Kindle and am beginning to love e-books more than printed books. I really enjoy having all my books at my fingertips in the archives. So much easier than finding them in the house or remembering who I lent them to! I'd love the option to receive e-book review copies from publishers.

message 7: by Lois (new)

Lois (loisbennett) I love printed books - there's nothing like them! I have tried the Kindle app on my iPad, but don't find staring at a screen anywhere as pleasant or comfortable as staring at a page. There's so much technology involved in work and life these days that I find it much more relaxing and much more exciting to curl up with a printed book. The texture, the smell, the familiar physicalities of turning pages and holding the book in my hands... To me, if it's not printed, it's not a book.

message 8: by Patricia Kemp (new)

Patricia Kemp Blackmon (itstimetoreadmamaw) | 1 comments I like both. Love the feel and smell of a new book. But with a reader a can adjust the size of the print. When I am traveling I prefer my ereader. Sometimes I just alternate.

message 9: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylcope) | 2 comments print/hard copies