ONTD Book Club discussion

Off Topic

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan (bookbrats) | 125 comments Mod
Well, somewhat off topic, and somewhat an outlet for shameless promotion.

Are you looking for a way to get books (real books, mind you, not ebooks) for cheap (only pay postage)? Then might I nudge you towards Paperback Swap? http://www.paperbackswap.com - you can sign up, post ten books for swapping, and automatically get two credits to receive books you want! And if you say joyandmegan was your referral, I get a free credit! Wheee! So yep, shameless promotion.

Also, if you get a chance and want to help a girl out, could you stop by my Amazon profile and give me some yes votes for my reviews? I'm trying to get into the Amazon Vine program where you get ARCs and free products to review, except everything I review has been out for ages, LOL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile...

Okay, off topic...

How 'bout them Yankees?

message 2: by Megan (new)

Here's an OT (not really) question!

How do you read your book of the month? Ebook or paper copy?

And if you voted paper copy, do you buy it, borrow it, or take it out from the library?

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (swoomer) | 19 comments ebook!

message 4: by Tea (new)

Tea (quietcoastline) | 106 comments Thanks for the paperback swap link (and Yankees comment)! As far as reading goes, I read paper copies. I usually buy them with my employee discount, but if I'm not sure I'll really like it, I'll try the library. My library is pitiful, though, so I'll probably dabble more into ebooks soon enough. I'm just really one of those "I prefer to hold it in my hands" type of people.

message 5: by Samita (new)

Samita Ebook! Unless it's an author I know I'll like then I'll buy the hard copy (paperback usually whatever is cheap).

message 6: by Megan (new)

Oh, and since I'm using this for shameless self promotion, I'll let you guys know I'm starting a book blog because I really would like to get into Amazon Vine and NetGalley (well, I'm on NetGalley, I just never get approved for anything since I don't have a blog).

http://bookbrats.blogspot.com - please follow me, and if anyone else has a dedicated book blog, feel free to post it I guess!

message 7: by K. (new)

K. (aoutranc3) Ebooks! I love my Kindle. I've managed to find almost all the books I've wanted in ebook format. Anything else I use interlibrary loans. :D

message 8: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenlo) | 10 comments I absolutely love my Kindle. While I still love real books, the convenience of the Kindle and being able to get almost any book I wish at any time can't be beat.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie (kmvane) Both/either. I love paper books, but I got a Kindle as a gift and I love that, too.

message 10: by Carole (new)

Carole | 3 comments Kinda weird but does anyone here read agatha Christie? I love her especially the poirot series.

Maybe we can add an agatha Christie for fluff reading...they are usually really fast reads. And fun! I think they would bring good discussions too..

Just throwing it out there for future ideas :)

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (swoomer) | 19 comments Carole wrote: "Kinda weird but does anyone here read agatha Christie? I love her especially the poirot series.

Maybe we can add an agatha Christie for fluff reading...they are usually really fast reads. And fun..."

I absolutely love the Poirot books! I'm not a huge Miss Marple fan, but I think I've read nearly all the Poirot series. :)

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 45 comments Carole wrote: "Kinda weird but does anyone here read agatha Christie? I love her especially the poirot series.

Maybe we can add an agatha Christie for fluff reading...they are usually really fast reads. And fun..."

I've read a few of her stand alone mysteries. They are fun and easy to read. I like it.

message 13: by Jess (new)

Jess (gingeryarnco) | 616 comments Mod
Same here! I really like her stand alone books over the series.

Michelle wrote: "Carole wrote: "Kinda weird but does anyone here read agatha Christie? I love her especially the poirot series.

Maybe we can add an agatha Christie for fluff reading...they are usually really fa..."