Goodreads in North Carolina discussion

Book clubs in Burlington/Mebane?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim Gugino (gugino) | 4 comments Anyone know of book clubs in the Burlington/Mebane area?

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4 comments I live in Mebane but haven't heard of any.

message 3: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 10 comments We are moving to that area. Would love to find one.

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4 comments Welcome to the area!!!!

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 10 comments Thank You Christina!

message 6: by Kim (new)

Kim Gugino (gugino) | 4 comments Well, it seems there are three of us who might be interested. I also know a few people at work who have mentioned a book club. I would need to meet in the late afternoon/evenings if it was during the work week - I am a bit more flexible on the weekends. Should we try to meet at the end of August? Wednesday, August 31 at 4pm, at The Depot Coffee Shop (4th street)? Bring a few ideas for a first book?

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 10 comments We are moving the fist weekend of September so I couldn't do this month but maybe could join in on the next one.

message 8: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4 comments Unfortunately, I am getting in practice season with my boys and their sports, so weeknights aren't so good for me. Sorry.....

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 10 comments So has anyone got a book club started in the area yet. We are all settled in and I would love to meet some people from here.

message 10: by Kim (new)

Kim Gugino (gugino) | 4 comments Nope - let's set a date, time, and place. Wednesday, late afternoon/early evening is best for me through the week; Saturday and Sunday early afternoon work also. The Coffee Depot is a nice place downtown where we can sit and chat for a while. What ever we decide I will pass along to the gals at work who have expressed an interest.

message 11: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4 comments Where do you work Gugino?

message 12: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 10 comments During the day works great for me but I would have to be done by 2:50pm as I have to be back for the kids getting off the bus. Early evenings work too. Please let me know what you all decide.

message 13: by Kim (new)

Kim Gugino (gugino) | 4 comments I work at Woodlawn - the earliest I could meet would be 4PM. Would Wednesdays at either 4Pm or 5Pm work for you guys? That might get everyone home in enough time to unpack a crock pot (or other fast finish meal) and feed our families.

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 10 comments hmmm. well I'm not sure my husband would be home that early to watch the kids but I will try to make what ever you all set up.. If there is anyone who does not work days and would like to meet up around lunch, let me know. I am always looking for something while the kids are in school!!