readHERs discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by shannon (last edited Jun 27, 2011 05:54PM) (new)

shannon (design_her) | 37 comments Mod
Hello ladies,
I've FINALLY gotten everything together and found a nice little spot for us to park our readHERs book club. I hoped to get this thing started a while back, but just didn't have the time.

I have always loved reading, so I think having a club will really keep me on task and it will be fun to share the experience with others. In the grand scheme of things, I hope to have face-to-face meet-ups so everyone can get to know each other, but right now, we can start with online discussions and polls.

The first book we're going to read is The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I've heard so many great things about the book and with the movie coming out in August, I think it will be a nice opener for the club. The plan is to start reading on July 7, so go ahead and buy/download/borrow a book before the 7th. The cheapest I've seen it is $7.20 from buy.com (w/ free shipping).

Again, welcome to the club. I can't wait to get started!!

message 2: by Beri (new)

Beri | 4 comments Hey Shawil!!! I'm excited about the book club! I heard great things about that book too! Love ya & Miss ya!

message 3: by Janel (new)

Janel Monroe (janelm) | 2 comments For anyone who has (and doesn't mind staring at) a mac, ipad, or iphone, I'm planning on downloading the book on kindle for mac. That way I will always have it with me and it automatically syncs to the furthest read page.

Just a heads up!

message 4: by Ranada (new)

Ranada | 2 comments Hey Shan!!! This was such a great idea! I am excited. I was flying back from Chicago on Monday and the passenger beside me was reading this and I thought to myself, "I should read this!" Great idea!!

message 5: by Carmesia (new)

Carmesia Straite | 11 comments Very excited about the group, too!

Janel, I'd like to know what you think about reading from the computer. Did you read articles, etc from your computer when you were in school? I normally don't like reading from my comp and am trying to see if the experience will be similar when reading a book on the kindle app!