I "heart" Morelli discussion

Stephanie Plum books > Smokin' Seventeen - SPOILER THREAD

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (last edited Jun 27, 2011 09:34AM) (new)

CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (bookewyrm) | 57 comments Mod
Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich

This is the thread for those that have read the book and want to discuss it.

This is the place for Morelli v Ranger discussions as well as plot discussions.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) FINALLY--its only been out a week. Surely someone other than me has read it. Well, come on, lets talk about it.

message 3: by CJ - It's only a Paper Moon (last edited Jun 28, 2011 06:16AM) (new)

I have to admit, I wasn't too happy with this book. The constant push and pull and Jeeze...the time comes when Stephanie should make a decision and she spends a lot of time having sex with Ranger and lying to Morelli (I have a bladder infection?). I just want her to make a choice. I don't even care who at this point (although I am clearly leaning heavily on the Morelli side).

Did you feel like there was no Morelli love in this book? With everyone telling Stephanie that she wasn't going to get anywhere with him and then the whole Dave debacle? I felt Morelli was a one-dimensional character in this one and he's been suspiciously absent in any good scenes for awhile.

Also, I'm thinking maybe Ziggy and Grandma Mazur should get together.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara | 15 comments ziggy the vampire guy?? no way!
Although i favor Ranger, i was disappointed in the fact that she took morelli out of the book.
& the justification for Stephanie to sleep with Ranger ( the whole "open relationship" and vordo deal) was nothing but absolute BS.
I think the publisher is ready to pull the plug on her and is giving her & giving her these last two books(17 and 18) as a way to leave and finish the story.

@ Sara I hope that this is wrapped up soon. Though I'm "Team Morelli" at this point I would just be happy if she picked someone!!!!

Oh yeah. I can picture Grammy Mazur enjoying a little gumming on the neck ;)

message 6: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Ferguson | 7 comments I so agree. I have never thought Stephanie would jump into bed like that, one right after the other. I am hoping 18 is the last book.

If it's about Lady Parts, who do we think it could be? I mean, yeah Ranger is fantastic in bed but Morelli isn't shabby either.

Although, best sex scene in the whole series was when she jumped Ranger in the Jeep and her ass was on the car horn the whole time.

message 8: by Nicole (last edited Jul 03, 2011 09:55PM) (new)

Nicole (nikki28) | 1 comments lol on the the car horn. I feel the same to way and im not even done reading it yet. I think Stephine would be better off with Ranger, Stephanie doesnt act like she wants to get re-married, and i also missed the "Morelli love" in this book. I am a big Ranger fan but i hope if this is the end, what ever the out come is that Stephanie is with the one Janet sees fit . tho the stories with be missed
:)