Paranormal Lovers discussion

Adult Series > Chicagoland Vampires

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (last edited Jun 21, 2015 09:02AM) (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 1384 comments Mod
Has anyone read this series?

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) by Chloe Neill Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5) by Chloe Neill Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires, #6) by Chloe Neill House Rules (Chicagoland Vampires, #7) by Chloe Neill Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8) by Chloe Neill Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9) by Chloe Neill Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires, #10) by Chloe Neill Dark Debt (Chicagoland Vampires, #11) by Chloe Neill

Unreleased

Midnight Marked (Chicagoland Vampires, #12) by Chloe Neill

message 2: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) I've heard these are really good, so again on my 'must buy' list.

message 3: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I've just finished the second book in this series. I thought the first one was so-so but it was a really easy read that kept my attention to the end. The tone of narration was pretty conversational, which I think might have been what diminished my opinion of it. I'd been thinking of reading the next title for a while and picked it up last night. 22 hours later, I'm all done with it. Just as easy and fast-paced to read as the last. I'd even go as far as to say it was more enjoyable--which is high praise from me for a series that contains no sex scenes by the end of book 2. However, I felt the back story was pretty heavy, and it took away from the air time that should have been allowed for the plot to be delivered in smaller bites (no pun intended) because it often felt like the reader was force-fed too much to absorb in one go. The 2nd half of the book really picked up, though, and I definitely enjoyed it. And thanks to the humdinger cliffhanger, I guess I'm going to have to read on.

message 4: by Maria Pussycat (last edited Nov 26, 2011 11:20AM) (new)

Maria Pussycat I've just finish #5, and I agree with you J.A, at time the narration didn't do it for me, specially since I was listening to them in audiobook and didn't really like the voice either, which didn't help.
I think they kept me interested enough to keep reading till #5 but I have mixed feelings about them. At times I was a bit bored and wanted to fastforward a bit, and at time all happens too fast. Not a series
I can see myself going back to re-read.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i didn't even finish book 1. i think i got abuot 50 pages in and gave up. it just didn't keep my attention and i was so bored n didn't even want 2 read

message 6: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Both book 1 & 2 take some perseverance. Book 3 has been a lot easier to get into.

message 7: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I just finished the third book and I've got to say, it's almost as though the author suddenly found her true voice because this one is way cleaner than the first two for the narration and pace and ... well, pretty much everything. And I enjoyed being p***** at Ethan for a bit, too. :o)

message 8: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I just finished book 4 and (dude) I'm crying like a baby. WTH?!?!?! How can the author do that to us? How?

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) J.A. wrote: "I just finished book 4 and (dude) I'm crying like a baby. WTH?!?!?! How can the author do that to us? How?"

I just finished book 4 also and was shocked by everything. Now just requested #5, since I have to see where this series goes.

message 10: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I bought #5 before I'd even finished 4. I'm glad I'm not the only one this book has left stunned. Thought I was being ridiculous.

message 11: by Maria Pussycat (last edited Nov 29, 2011 04:23AM) (new)

Maria Pussycat No you weren't J.A.

I was in bed reading it, and got up, went downstairs, switch computer on and went on desperately trying to find some info on what/how... needless to say, I started on #5 inmediately after...

message 12: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) :o) I'm at 45% in #5 now. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do when I reach the end (presuming it leaves me wanting to read on) because the next one's not due out until next August. :o\

Maria Pussycat Well I am so happy we read #4 when we already have #5!!! LOL

message 14: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Goodness, yes. Could you imagine being left to wait after that flipping humdinger of a cliffhanger. It would have been awful.

Maria Pussycat lol

message 16: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I finished #5 this morning but have been too busy to spill my thoughts until now. Um ...

I wrote a review. It's all in there. To put my thoughts here would be a major spoiler.

message 17: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments So..I just finished the fifth book in this series. After reading the fourth one...and not being very happy with the author who left me in complete shock and upset! .....I had to continue on and see where she lead me. Needless to say...I'm much happier with the fifth book and cannot wait until sixth book comes out! lol

message 18: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Yeah, it's still a little bit stunning, I thought. Too surreal an ending. I'm waiting for the catch. ;o)

message 19: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments J.A. wrote: "Yeah, it's still a little bit stunning, I thought. Too surreal an ending. I'm waiting for the catch. ;o)"

You're not kidding! lol I hope hope hope that Ethan is back...and nothing is wrong, but I know that would be too good to be true. I am a total sap for happy endings and that's what I'm hoping for...with a few glitches to help them get there! lol

message 20: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I remember before I started it, talking to my friend I said, "I can't believe she killed him off. Total writer suicide." She said, "Maybe she'll bring him back." I said, "How can she? He turned to ash. Unless she pulls a Bobby Ewing and that would just be a ridiculous thing to do."

*stare*

So now she has to make it work because it's such an off-the-wall stunt to pull on the readers. imo.

message 21: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (last edited Dec 11, 2012 12:37PM) (new)

Read the first last year, really enjoyed it, though not impressed with the lack of sex :/

Yes, call me perverted, but this is what will keep me hooked, though more the atraction than the actual deed!!

message 22: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Cupcake Cassie wrote: "Read the first last year, really enjoyed it, though not impressed with the lack of sex :/

Yes, call me perverted, but this is what will keep me hooked, though more the atraction than the actual de..."

Yes, you loves your hotness, don't you, chick. :D You should keep reading--though brace yourself because the sex don't happen until book 3 (I think) and even then it isn't in abundance when it shows in following books. The characters are great to get to know, though. Hated Ethan in book 1 (though he was a turn on), but he eventually warmed on me.

message 23: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments I agree J! The books do get better as you read more :) (also about Ethan as well lol) ....keep reading Cassie and I think you may end up liking them more :o)

message 24: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

I really want to see what happens with them and where the story is going, as in regards to what kind of emeny will be next :)

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna Tried one out of sequence #3 Twice Bitten, and was bored. Gave #1 Some Girls Bite a go in case I had been unfair, and gave up after 100 pages. Hated the characters, especially the lead, and the narrative style bored me.

message 26: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (last edited Feb 13, 2013 08:20AM) (new)

One of my friends also wasn't a big fan

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna Yeh I tried but have given up!