Paranormal Lovers discussion

Adult Series > Fever

Comments Showing 1-50 of 120 (120 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (last edited Sep 18, 2014 08:41AM) (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 1384 comments Mod
Has anyone read this series?

Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Iced (Fever, #6) by Karen Marie Moning

Unreleased

Burned (Fever, #7) by Karen Marie Moning

message 2: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) Oh no - EVERYONE has read this!! If not, YOU MUST.

This is one of the best series EVER. It has good fae, horrid fae, nasties, a SUPER kick-ass heroine in Mac, and one of the most alpha, yummiest, arrogant, cleverest man (or whatever he is) in the whole wide world!!

Jericho Barrons is someone you'll fall in love with immediately, then later think WTF, then ahhhhhh, then WTF again........but you'll simply love him !!:)

The Fever series is a must read for any true PNR fan!

message 3: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

I have only heard about this series in the past month or so?

message 4: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) I think Darkfever was first out in 2006, leading to Shadowfever in 2010 - and it's always better to begin at the beginning.

If you don't try anything else - please, please try these - they are amazing.
(and GR has some really good reviews on all of them !!)

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_books) | 136 comments Cassie, feel bad! This series rock! It's the best I've read in a loooong time!

message 6: by Cassie Cruel, Adult Expert (new)

I know lol :( hahah but I will be reading it soon :D

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma (emma_books) | 136 comments and you won't be able to stop reading ;)

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Nolan (rnolanauthor) | 29 comments I just brought the the first 4 books and will be starting them tonight....i am really excited i have heard a lot of good things about the books. Plus i am really going through a Fey stage they are pretty sexy :D

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) just thought i would add the links to the reviews for darkfever and bloodfever
pls stop by n leave me a comment :)

Darkfever

Bloodfever

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Nolan (rnolanauthor) | 29 comments I can't wait to read shadowfever now, what a great read the first 4 books were. Hopefully it will come early next week and then i can finally work out what the hell Barrons is and who just are the good guys...lol. So happy people put me onto this series. Thanks guys :D

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) omg started shadowfever last night.
cried so much hope that everything works out.

message 12: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Nolan (rnolanauthor) | 29 comments Oh no i had heard a rumour that someone (trying not to spoil it) dies very early on in shadowfever, i was hoping that it wasnt real and that the person came back to life a little later on.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) you won't be bothered by it rebecca. if you wanna know

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Nolan (rnolanauthor) | 29 comments Thank You so much Kay i was hoping that was the case :) Now when i read that part i wont cry as much hehe

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) oh i still cried my eyes out. First chapter of shadowfever i was crying like a baby like 'omg i can't breathe' chest-heaving sobs lmao

I just finishes Shadowfever, OMG it's definitely the best one, loved every moment of it

message 16: by J.A. (last edited Jul 31, 2011 07:01AM) (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I just finished Bloodfever. Um ... I was rolling along. Yeah, it was a little slow to begin but I'd expected that because Darkfever was a bit of a drag, but then the pace picked up and I thought, yep, this is better ...

Then I reached that scene in the (view spoiler)

Or am I weird for being bothered by it?

message 17: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) Ummmm.....you might not like the end of Faefever nor the beginning of Dreamfever.....

But that said, everything is pertinent to the whole storyline....

Essentially, these scenes are the character developments of both Mac and Barrons and ummmm...others; they are meant to give us more insight into KMM's people, how she sees them, how they react to her plot; how we envisage them. Please don't let it put you off - you'll understand by the end :)

message 18: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Okay. I'll trust you and read on. Think I have the next three to work through so I'll see how I go. :o)

message 19: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) J.A. wrote: "Okay. I'll trust you and read on. Think I have the next three to work through so I'll see how I go. :o)"

Skip passages if you have to, but there are clues all around which are explained at the end of Shadowfever (well, all but JZB of course!)

message 20: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Does JZB ever get unravelled? Does the reader ever find out what he is? Or has the series not finished yet?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea u know what he is in book 5.

message 22: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) OCD Kay =P wrote: "yea u know what he is in book 5."

Hmmmm. I'm intrigued enough to find that out, and good enough that I never skip forward to find out what I want to know, so maybe that'll keep me reading. Am refraining from writing a review just yet until I've organised my thoughts because I still have a bad taste in my mouth and it would be unfair to the author if that's all I go on about. Have Faefever open and ready, anyhoo. :o)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) it does get better.
I loved Faefever that's when i couldn't stop reading.

message 24: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) OCD Kay =P wrote: "it does get better.
I loved Faefever that's when i couldn't stop reading."

Well, I should storm through it, provided my ordered copy of BDB#4 doesn't show up before I'm finished. ;o)

message 25: by Carole-Ann (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) OCD Kay =P wrote: "yea u know what he is in book 5."

Hmmm....don't actually think JZB is defined - even at the end of Shadowfever.
There is some indication of what he may be, and some of what he could be, but KMM doesn't really say :)

message 26: by Kayleigh {K-Books} (last edited Jul 31, 2011 07:20AM) (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea because its something new so there's not really a name for it but you still know what he is
you know exactly what he can do .

message 27: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) So we don't know what he is, but we know his capabilites?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea there's not really a name for what he is. And it's something unique not something i've come across in any other books or anything but you kinda know what he is coz you know what he can do.

I see it as I do know what he is, it just doesn't have a name.
If that makes sense lol

i guess it depends on the person whether they think they found out what he is or not.

message 29: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) hehehehehehe, you have any idea how mad that sounds? LOL. Okay, mega-intrigued now. :o)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i know it sounds insane. lol
i'm happy with how it all got explained coz i know what he can do and i don't really need a name for it but i know some ppl don't think you find out 'what' he is coz there's no name for it.

message 31: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I love your explanations. You sound like me. :o)

message 32: by Kayleigh {K-Books} (last edited Jul 31, 2011 07:43AM) (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i just don't explain things very well lol
its fine i know what i mean

message 33: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I know what you mean, too. If you didn't talk as roundabout as I did, I'd probably be completely lost.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) hahahaha
oh well at least u know what i mean lol

message 35: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Okay, one more questions, and I'll quit bugging you good folk until I've finished this one (maybe).
Am I supposed to like V'Lane?
Because the dude is a hoot.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) Its up to you.
I had mixed feelings about him. I kinda liked him but never trusted him

message 37: by Carole-Ann (last edited Jul 31, 2011 02:58PM) (new)

Carole-Ann (blueopal) I liked V'Lane too; thought he was funny sometimes; othertimes a bit too controlling. I don't think I trusted him either :)

He weirded me out occasionally, but I couldn't put my finger on it AND I still liked him :)

message 38: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) No, I don't think you're supposed to trust him, but maybe that's also part of his appeal.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) I don't know i kinda liked him but I was always like NO, get away from her she has to get together with Barrons lol

message 40: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Hahahahahaha. Seems like V'Lane is the naughty temptation, but Barrons has the possessive streak and wants her all for himself even though she hasn't figured it out yet.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yep definitely but OMG how i love Barrons lol

message 42: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I like Barrons--even in the beginning of Darkfever, I liked him. But I still have to figure out if I agree with his 'ways'. :o)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea.
I wasn't sure about him in book 1 i thought he was an ass but i love him now. He's my fave fictional guy ever lol

message 44: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) Ooooooh, why'd'you people keep intriguing me with these books??????????

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) sorrrrryyyyyyyyy =P

message 46: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments J.A. wrote: "Ooooooh, why'd'you people keep intriguing me with these books??????????"

Cause...they get so much better! ;)

message 47: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) My God, you're all at it! LOL. If I make it through to the end of the series, Moning should be informed that it's thanks to you guys and your teasers of good stuff to come. :o)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) hahahaha
See we all LOVE it

message 49: by Denae (new)

Denae  (denae3) | 250 comments LOL ....it is true! :)

message 50: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (jabelfield) I believe you, but I was weak for BDB4, and though I only opened it for a peek, I'm on page 140 already ::sinks away in shame at her weakness::

I'll still read FF, tho, just in between BDB. :o)

« previous 1 3