**Pages of ink discussion

June- July- August Reads! > Romeo and Juliet, a timeless romance?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (last edited Jun 27, 2011 02:35AM) (new)

Chris | 257 comments Mod
Romeo and Juliet is a tragedy written early in the career of playwright William Shakespeare about two young "star-cross'd lovers" whose deaths ultimately unite their feuding families.

It was among Shakespeare's most popular plays during his lifetime and, along with Hamlet and Macbeth, is one of his most frequently performed plays. Today, the title characters are regarded as archetypal young lovers.
-----
Does Romeo and Juliet seem getting old to you or is it an undying tale?
Is the buzz for the book exaggerated?

If you want to add spoilers please do it as follow:
< spoiler > *insert your spoiler and then* < / spoiler > < ./ spoiler > (view spoiler)

message 2: by Tory (new)

Tory I personally didn't care much for Romeo and Juliet.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris | 257 comments Mod
Tory wrote: "I personally didn't care much for Romeo and Juliet."

Ooh!! That's a bit harsh don't you think? I kinda liked the writing style and the plot. Although some things annoyed me. But I cared about it pretty much to read it. Why didn't you care? Any specific reason?

message 4: by Tory (new)

Tory I enjoy the writing style and I've always liked Shakespeare, But for me Romeo and Juliet has used so many times in movies or in other books that by the time I got around to read it I was already sick of hearing about it. If so many other story didn't base from this play I probably would have liked it better.

message 5: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 3 comments I liked the plot. It was good. But what I hate is the dependancy in the book. Im a really independant solitary person and so the ending doesn't sit well with me. I dont think I could ever love someone so much or need them so much that I would want to die. I mean its sad yes, and it will hurt like hell and be hard to move on but I just cant see myself falling apart like that.

message 6: by Just Deena (new)

Just Deena (invictusmaneo) | 66 comments Fudge i havent been in this group 4 ages! Yeah, dont remind me, i have a r&j speech due next week, ughhhhh, y cnt they get over this play for goodness sake! I mean i love it heaps, but from how much we learn it, its kinda gettin borin