Angels and Fallen Angels discussion

Angel experiences > Have you had a real experience with an Angel?

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 432 comments Mod
Have you had a real experience with an Angel? If you have, we'd love to hear about it. There have been many books written on the subject and it continues to hold to be a fascinating subject that people love to hear about.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ I haven't had any experiences, but I believe one of my cousins did. This past January, my cousin fell from a ladder and he really hurt his foot which the doctor operated on. I heard from my mom that the doctor said if he would have fallen the other way, he would have died. I lost my dad November 19th of last year from ALS and this thing happened on January 19th, my mom's birthday. My aunt felt my dad like hug her the same day day since his sisters were very close to him. I really believe my dad who is watching over me, my family, and friends was a guardian angel to my cousin that day.

message 3: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 27 comments yes, an Angel saved my father during cyclone Tracey in Darwin (Australia) in 1974. He was saved from a house beam coming through the roof and smashing into his pillow where he had been sleeping just seconds before.

message 4: by Colleen (new)

Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "I haven't had any experiences, but I believe one of my cousins did. This past January, my cousin fell from a ladder and he really hurt his foot which the doctor operated on. I heard from my mom tha..."

Amy, that's a beautiful story. It's so comforting for us when we feel our loved ones close by and watching over us :)

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Patti wrote: "yes, an Angel saved my father during cyclone Tracey in Darwin (Australia) in 1974. He was saved from a house beam coming through the roof and smashing into his pillow where he had been sleeping ju..."

Patti, That's amazing. I'm glad he survived to tell his experience. Was was he able to see the angel or did he experience the angel in a more spiritual way?

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Colleen wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "I haven't had any experiences, but I believe one of my cousins did. This past January, my cousin fell from a ladder and he really hurt his foot which the doctor operated on..."

Yeah it is. My aunt also mentioned that around Christmas when they took a family photo, they spotted like an orb right next to my aunt and we believe it could be my dad. We now want to see that picture for ourselves.

message 7: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 27 comments I was 13 and laying in my bed. All of a sudden, for no reason that i as aware of, i jumped out of my bed and stood up and screamed "God, somebody help me." I had no idea what so ever why I said that - even while I was saying it. I actually felt stupid for saying it but couldn't stop myself. My father heard me and jumped out of bed to come help me. that is when he turned around to see the house beam coming through the roof and smashing into his pillow. one end was in his pillow and the other end was sticking through the ceiling.

message 8: by Colleen (new)

Patti wrote: "I was 13 and laying in my bed. All of a sudden, for no reason that i as aware of, i jumped out of my bed and stood up and screamed "God, somebody help me." I had no idea what so ever why I said t..."

Ok, that gave me chills....thanks for sharing :)

message 9: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 27 comments I guess it just wasn't his time...

message 10: by Colleen (new)

Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "Colleen wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "I haven't had any experiences, but I believe one of my cousins did. This past January, my cousin fell from a ladder and he really hurt his foot which the do..."

Thanks for sharing Amy, we really appreciate it :)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Colleen wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "Colleen wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "I haven't had any experiences, but I believe one of my cousins did. This past January, my cousin fell from a ladder and he really h..."

You're welcome.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 143 comments I believe in angels, and I know that I have been protected from some circumstances that could have been life threatening. I attribute some of that protection to guardian angels.

message 13: by Colleen (new)

I believe I may have seen an angel once when I was young. I was with a friend, playing in the woods. My friend was exploring and I was sitting in a patch of dried leaves (fall was just beginning). I had recently learned that I could take a magnifying glass, and concentrate the sun on a leaf and set it on fire. (Oh...the stupid things we do when we're children!!!)

I began to cinge the ends of leaves, careful not to set it fully on fire, then I would blow out the glowing red part, drop the leaf and move on.

I must have been playing like this for 5 minutes when I noticed a man coming toward me. I was surprised that I hadn't heard him, especially since I should have heard the crunching of dried leaves beneath his feet. Even though I was young, the woods were my playground and I was as familiar with the sounds of the woods as I was with my own neighborhood street. So even then, I knew I should have heard him.

He approached me, raised his arm and pointed behind me. He then said in a soft, gently voice, "look what you did." Confused, I turned around and saw several small fires beginning to emerge. I jumped up...put out the fires and turned around to say "Thank you for telling me" but he was gone.

Cold he have been a local guy passing through the woods, yes! But his quick appearance, disappearance, silent footsteps and quiet manner was odd enough form me to register that he was somehow different.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 143 comments That is a great story, Colleen. It sounds like it could be an angel siting to me.

message 15: by Colleen (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "That is a great story, Colleen. It sounds like it could be an angel siting to me."

Thanks Danielle, I think so too :)

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan (susan87) | 10 comments Colleen wrote: "I believe I may have seen an angel once when I was young. I was with a friend, playing in the woods. My friend was exploring and I was sitting in a patch of dried leaves (fall was just beginning). ..."

This sounds like the beginning of a novel! It would make a powerful opening scene. Maybe your angel was meant to serve more than one purpose?

message 17: by Colleen (new)

Susan wrote: "Colleen wrote: "I believe I may have seen an angel once when I was young. I was with a friend, playing in the woods. My friend was exploring and I was sitting in a patch of dried leaves (fall was j..."

LOL, Thanks Susan, that means a lot coming from you :) My professors at college always told me that I should become a writer. And the idea is very tempting to me, who knows maybe one day.

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan (susan87) | 10 comments I hope you do.

message 19: by Colleen (new)

Thanks for the encouragement Susan :)

message 20: by Angel (last edited Jul 13, 2011 05:52PM) (new)

Angel | 1 comments A friend of mine passed away in his sleep and when I found out I was so sad I couldn't stop crying. Some days later I was sitting in my room on my bed thinking about him and crying with my face in my hands and I felt someone sit down beside me and put their arm around me. Then I heard his voice telling me it was going to be okay and that he was okay and everything around me felt so peaceful. I opened my eyes and the feeling of a presence was gone and nobdy was there, but the covers on the bed beside me looked like someone had been sitting there. I had heard his voice as clearly as I can hear any real voice speaking, and I KNOW it was him.

message 21: by Monique (new)

Monique James | 13 comments I wrote a blog about this the other day! Strange that you would ask. Three angels.....http://moniquejames.wordpress.com/201...

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 143 comments That was beautiful, Ann.

Angel, what a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.

message 23: by Colleen (new)

That's an amazing story Angel. Thanks for sharing. I do believe that our loved ones do come back to comfort us and I'm glad you had that experience and found some peace.

message 24: by Colleen (new)

Monique wrote: "I wrote a blog about this the other day! Strange that you would ask. Three angels.....http://moniquejames.wordpress.com/201..."

Monique, they are awesome stories! Thanks for sharing them with us.

message 25: by Monique (new)

Monique James | 13 comments Your welcome thanks for reading it

message 26: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Weinstein (rweinstein6) | 8 comments I wrote a YA book, Seraphim, and several of the experiences in it were my actual experiences with angels. Interesting, huh? Well, without spoiling the book here's what they were--

My guardian angel's name is Michael. His description is that of the angel in the book. He came to me twice in dreams, once he was sitting on my bed and lifted his finger to his lips, shushed me and said, "Don't tell them I'm here."

Another time, he protected me from a giant cloud of black, evil energy, by opening his lapel and this bright white light appeared. He looked over his shoulder and said, "Be not afraid."
Neither time did he tell me his name or who he was, but when I woke from the second dream, I instantly knew his name and who he was. It was amazing.

Another time, I had an experience with something profoundly evil while awake, and I think it was his protection that made it go away. Is there a thread for that? Or I could post it here too.

message 27: by Colleen (new)

Rebecca wrote: "I wrote a YA book, Seraphim, and several of the experiences in it were my actual experiences with angels. Interesting, huh? Well, without spoiling the book here's what they were--

My guardian an..."

Rebecca, you've had an awesome experience with Michael and its really cool that you used that experience to share a gift with the world (i.e., Sereaphim), thanks for sharing this story with us.

There is not yet a thread where people can express evil experiences and I'm a little conflicted on weather or not I want one created.

If the members want the thread created, then we will create it. Perhaps we should let the people decide.

message 28: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Weinstein (rweinstein6) | 8 comments No problem. It was really freaky and my only experience with it. But I sincerely think Michael was there protecting me. My mom also had an experience with an angel. The morning someone she knew died, she was asleep, woke up and opened her eyes and there was a beautiful woman at the foot of her bed. She blinked and she was gone. My mom thinks the angel was letting her know about the death or something.

message 29: by Colleen (new)

That's neat that your family has had so many experiences with angels. I love to hear about these stories. I think they happen more often than not but people don't always talk about them. Thanks for sharing.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Okay, I think I sorta had an experience today when I got into a car accident which my fault. Stupid me. I was waiting to turn on to a busy street and the van in back of me honked their horn for me to go so I turn and another car comes and hits me, but they swerve in the process. The cop told me if the people did not swerve, their car would have hit my driver's side and I would have been dead. The people and I did not get hurt which I really believe there were angels watching over us today...

message 31: by Colleen (new)

Wow...Amy, I'm so glad you were OK!!! It's a terrifying experience to get into a car accident. Thank God for the Angels!!!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Colleen wrote: "Wow...Amy, I'm so glad you were OK!!! It's a terrifying experience to get into a car accident. Thank God for the Angels!!!"

Yeah, it was my brother's car I used too since I do not have my own car and insurance. I know I am going to learn from the accident when I feel confident enough to drive again and I'm not going to let ANYONE push me or startle me like that again EVER!

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 143 comments Amy, thank God you were okay!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Amy, thank God you were okay!"

Thanks!

message 35: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Weinstein (rweinstein6) | 8 comments Definitely think someone was looking out for you!

message 36: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristin0316) | 4 comments I had an experience once, long story short. It was Christmas Day 2009; I was 24 yrs & 32 wks. pregnant with twin girls, when I had a heart attack. The girls were born via C-Section that night, after I was taken for a triple By-Pass. They told my family that I would more than likely never get off the CVIC table and if I did they didn’t know how much brain damage I would have because of my heart stopping six times. I work on later on the 26th and I was trying to talk about how my Grandmother (who passes away that February) was telling me “it wasn’t my time and how I needed to go back.” I really don’t remember anything about that; I don’t know if it was my family telling about it or if sometimes I really do remember because I swear I can hear her voice or sometimes I dream about it. But I do know for sure, that she was there that night looking out for me and my girls.

message 37: by Colleen (new)

Kristin wrote: "I had an experience once, long story short. It was Christmas Day 2009; I was 24 yrs & 32 wks. pregnant with twin girls, when I had a heart attack. The girls were born via C-Section that night, afte..."

Wow! That is an amazing story. And here I thought my pregnancy was bad...I stand corrected! How awesome that your grandmother came to you that night. How are your girls? Did they have any problems with being born early?

message 38: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristin0316) | 4 comments They were in the NICU for about a month. Just to get their weight up plus they had a little problem breathing, they would had to learn to remember to breathe. But they have no mental problems, they are just like every other 20month old little one.

message 39: by Colleen (new)

Kristin wrote: "They were in the NICU for about a month. Just to get their weight up plus they had a little problem breathing, they would had to learn to remember to breathe. But they have no mental problems, they..."

Wow, what an amazing story! A miracle really!!!

message 40: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristin0316) | 4 comments Thanks everyone thinks that.... I've been working with The American Heart Assiocation for the past couple of months for the Heart Walk here in Youngstown Ohio. I've been blessed in helping change other people out look on heart diease and strokes.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I've had experiences with both angels and demons. It's fascinating stuff. I don't often talk about it because people wouldn't believe me or think I was crazy, but it's comforting to see others have had them too :). An angel brought my brother back from the "white light" when he was almost dead. She told him to go back the other way and that it wasn't time yet. I've also had them comfort me in times of great stress and have had visions of the past. The demonic experiences, not so wonderful.

message 42: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kristin0316) | 4 comments Midnight_Kiss wrote: "I've had experiences with both angels and demons. It's fascinating stuff. I don't often talk about it because people wouldn't believe me or think I was crazy, but it's comforting to see others have..."

I think people just might be afraid to admit that anything like that has ever happened to them. I wonder if that is the reason people look at others funny for admitting that they've had some kind of experience with angels or demons. I’m happy to hear about your brother!! Is he doing well? I have dreams of the past. Like things I can't remember or that I wasn't even there for and I have to ask family if it was true. And usually I am right. My mom thinks it has something to do with our Native American Heritage. I don’t think there is anything wrong with admitting to seeing angels or having a problem with demons.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Patti wrote: "I was 13 and laying in my bed. All of a sudden, for no reason that i as aware of, i jumped out of my bed and stood up and screamed "God, somebody help me." I had no idea what so ever why I said t..."

Sounds like you had an experience of precognition as something warned you so that you shouted.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

In One Hundred and one Angel Encounters the angel often appeared in a way so as not to frighten the person it was trying to help. For instance when a child was going to run into the road one appeared as a small child to block the way. Apparently they can change their appearance as they need to. Often they appear as totally human like in the Old Testament where some were entertained .....by was it Abraham? They were very beautiful tho.Meetings with Angels: A Hundred and One Real-life Encounters