The Personal MBA discussion

Anyone around?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been looking for a place to discuss business books, either from the PMBA list or not. Anyone interested in a monthly discussion?

message 2: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Mason (triseal) | 2 comments I'm interested. Elizabeth, what business book(s) are you reading now?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Charlie. Right now I'm reading The Elements of Content Strategy. Next on my list is The Personal MBA: Master the Art of Business. The latter just might be appropriate for a discussion here. :) Have you read it?

message 4: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Mason (triseal) | 2 comments I have it, but haven't started yet. I'm currently trying to get through The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done. I will start the "Personal MBA: Master the art of Business."

message 5: by Dariel (new)

Dariel (oddrationale) | 11 comments Mod
I have The Personal MBA and have read most of it by now. I would be interested to share ideas with those with similar interests!

I think it would be great to have a PMBA community on Goodreads.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Why don't we start with the PMBA book then? Maybe start a discussion on July 24th to give people time to read it?

message 7: by Dariel (new)

Sure. I'm willing to give it a try.

Another way we can go about this is to add reviews to the books. Using the group's bookshelf, you can read reviews written only be group members. You can even comment on other people's reviews.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds like a plan. Can you add it to the currently-reading shelf with the date so it appears on the group page?

message 9: by Dariel (new)

Sure thing. I also added a discussion folder for book discussions.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Great, thanks. Now I have to make the time to read it...

message 11: by Dariel (new)

Hello!

Just checking on how everyone is doing on reading the PMBA book.

I did finish the book. Although I kind of got distracted from Goodreads by Google+. Lol. Hopefully there will be a way to integrate the two soon.

We can start discussions about the PMBA in the discussions folder.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I've skimmed it, read a small part of it, and will be looking at the rest in more detail later.

I can't see the discussion for it--I only see the 5 topics under General.

message 13: by Dariel (new)

I haven't started the new discussion yet. We can start one when we are ready. Just select the Book Discussions folder when you create the new thread.

message 14: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Honig | 2 comments When you do start talking about the PMBA and other books on the list, Im interested.

I have finished the entire PMBA and am now on to a few books on the list. I have been listening to them on CD and reading and would like to discus some of the ideas with others.

If no one starts a thread in Book Discussions soon, I will, and see if it gains traction.

message 15: by Dariel (new)

We will be starting discussion on the PMBA book hopefully this week. This is our first book to do a group read. We'll start doing other books soon.

Feel free to start a discussion! We can have multiple discussion on the same book.

message 16: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Clausen Hello, my name is Daniel, and I've been interested in getting a business education for sometime--without having to go through years of business school. I took my first accounting class last semester and really liked it. I&m especially interested in learning value investing.

message 17: by Dariel (new)

Welcome, Daniel!

We're currently doing a group read of Josh Kaufman's book The Personal MBA. Feel free to pick up a copy and join us!

message 18: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Clausen Sounds great. I may be a little bit slow to reply seeing as how I don't have internet at home at the moment. I'll stop by and participate as much as I can, when I can.