Problems with Life/Emos and Goths discussion

Problems > Worries

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a worry to share but i wanted to make this a place where we can all share our worries....

2 different sex offenders have been after my best friend in the past 3 days and i'm just worried that somthings going to happen to her, or me or any of my other friends...my friends are my life-line....if they were to be raped or killed....i don't know if i could live with it...

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments i wish you luck in your quest to piece

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments wow that sounded ............. i dont know....

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

*peace? lol

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments ya probly what i tryed to type... lol

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

One word: Pray, and God's will be done. It may sound strange, but bad things can happen because God allows them. Perhaps, they seem terrible, and may be at first, but one day, you may see how it has a seriously huge positive impact in your life, or you mat never know, that doesnt mean it hasnt changed anything.

Ill be honest, Ive never quite understood why we should pray, if God's will be done anyway. Perhaps we influnance him, by showing we believe, we may never know untill we meet him face-to-face. The point is, everything that God does, has a point. Even if you never realize it, it will change you for better.... if you allow it to ^_^

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe in God....but i'm sad to say thats not the path I chose...what I am is not Christian, what i am is something new and if God can't accept that i'm striking out on my own...so be it...=)

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahmarie43) I understand your worries, but I think it's more of a fear than a worry. Your afraid that something is going to happen to either you or your friends. Nobody knows what God's plan is, but he has one. Sometimes terrible things do happen, but He can make beautiful things out of them. Through the lowest of lows, that's when most people turn to God, not when their life is going good and they are just living carefree and happily, but when things turn bad is when people turn to God.

God calls us to have no fears except the fear of the Lord, which is pretty incredulous. He has the power to condem you into eternal damnation, Hell. But to fear the Lord also means to honor Him in your life. Don't fret about the things of this world because they are only a blink of an eye compared to what God has for you in Heaven. I know what you are going through must be terribly difficult, but you have to keep faith and pray. God will always be right there with you through every step of the way. Just know that you can always turn to him.

Sufficient is today and its worries. That means don't worry about what could happen or what is yet to be done. Enjoy today. Enjoy another day that you were blessed to receive from the Heavenly Father. Put all your worries in God's hands because he is greater than all your worries and fears. God will never give you more than you can possibly handle. Put it in God's hands and whatever happens, happens. Then you will know that it's God's plan. He loves you and He only wants what is best for you.

Just want to let you know that I'm praying for you. And remember, you will never be alone, no matter how things may be, you never have to deal with it alone.

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahmarie43) I'm just going to post some Bible verses that will hopefully speak to you :)

Romans 8:18
I consinder that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us

Psalm 46:1-3
God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way, and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging...Selah

Romans 8:38
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you

message 10: by liz (new)

liz (liz272) I believe in god, but when everything was wrong, the only one that got me through was me. I've fought for this life, which so many times has almost been taken. I never think to pray when things go wrong. I take it in hopes that someone else will benefit later.

I know I'm not making sense, sorry. We're having a confusing day.

message 11: by Hannah (last edited Jun 28, 2011 08:48AM) (new)

Hannah (hannahmarie43) I am so sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for you.

I hope you know that it doesn't have to be just you to get through the tough. You can always rely on God to be there with you and help you through troubling times. He wants you to turn to him and not yourself or other people that will let you down. We are humans, every one of us, and we all sin. Everyone, including youself, will let you down. But God will never fail. You will always have the strong rock of Jesus to turn to when you're feeling hopeless. He loves you--enough to die for you.

That is a good attitude to go with, that you hope your suffering will benefit someone else later. That's a really good attitude. But I believe that it could benefit you as a person. If you turn to God in prayer and lay everything in His hands, you life won't be easy, but you'll be filled with so much peace. Isn't that amazing. When you pray, you might not feel like God is listening, but He does. The Bible tells us that. Or you might not feel like he's answering your prayers, but He does. It might not be the answer you prayed for, but he does come through. Always. He won't come right out and tell you, you have to search for the answers and He'll be right there along your side helping you. You will need to turn to the Word for strength in hard situations. God loves you, always and forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAbaqz...
It's a hymnal, but its words speak true. We will always have a friend with Jesus, to help us walk through the path of life. He is always there, fighting tooth and nail for you because he loves you.

message 12: by Hannah (last edited Jul 07, 2011 11:38AM) (new)

Hannah (hannahmarie43) You have chosen a path to take. I'm not here to condem you and say that you are a horrible person and are going to rot in Hell because of that, because I don't think that. I think you are a wonderful person, headstrong and independant and loved. And I believe you are God's perfect creation and nobody has the right to hate on God's creation. If you don't believe in God, then who do you follow? If you don't stand for something, then you will fall for anything. Let's just forget about everything and have a civil discussion here. Don't you think it would be amazing to have hope. To have hope that there is a life after this one, that when we die it just won't be the end. That if we serve here, then we can enjoy the most amazing happiness and peace and contempment somewhere forever? Just to at least have hope of that. I would much rather live my life with that hope and belief and find out that I was wrong, than live my life without it and find out that it was true. I know plenty of people who follow because of love. Because they know that there is a God who loves them deeply. He loves everyone. Even when you are constantly put down and you feel that nobody is there to love you, there is one constant love. Always and forever.

Ummm I do have a reservation with one of the statements you addressed in your post. 'And if there is a "heaven", don't you think it'd be a LITTLE crowded with how lenient the rules are?'
What are you talking about lenient? There is only one rule to get into Heaven, according to the Bible. Accept Jesus Christ as your savior (the absolutely free gift of salvation) and live your life according to how the Word calls us to live. It won't be perfect, we all make mistakes, but if you truely believe in your hearts, than you have nothing to worry about.

I respect your beliefs and I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to convert you or pursuade you to become a Christain. You have your own beliefs and I respect that. So please respect other people's beliefs also. I'm terribly sorry if you feel attacked, but I'm not trying to attack you and say you're wrong, because it is true that we are all entitled to our own opinion. I just want to let you know that you are loved. And if you're sure that God doesn't love you, then know that I love you.

Sorry, I promised myself I wouldn't start an argument over this, but I just felt compelled to say that.

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahmarie43) Alrighty.

But if you ever need anything, anything, I'm here for you :)