The Novella Club discussion

Just for fun > Can you name the novella?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Can you beat the clock and name the novellas in this game on sporcle? Give it a try and let us know your personal best time!

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Esme/ope...

message 2: by Ivan (new)

Ivan | 2166 comments Mod
The Lovecraft killed me. I'm just not up on his titles (I've never read anything by him). If I play again I'll know all the answers.

This was fun.

message 3: by Lois (new)

Lois (loisbennett) | 49 comments I got 13... and then kicked myself that I didn't get the Herman Melville one!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

18/20...in about five minutes. I had no idea about the Edith Wharton. I kept putting in Maggie for the Stephen Crane novel, forgetting entirely about is subtitle. d'oh!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I got 9/20, which is good for me. I haven't read all of the 9, either.

message 6: by Hayes (last edited Jul 16, 2011 02:37PM) (new)

Hayes (hayes13) 7/20 and I missed the steinbeck... and I just read it too! shame on me! I haven't read them all either. And I remember the Wharton being a longer novel, not a novella. I'll give myself and extra point for the Philip K Dick story too... I remembered the film title, but couldn't remember what the book was called.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha! Electric Sheep is one of the few that I knew. Hubby just read it last summer, said the book is better than the film.

message 8: by CasualDebris (new)

CasualDebris | 16 comments 20/20 with 4:12 to spare :) I've read most of these, but guessed Anthem only because I know Rand's others are massive. So it should be 19/20 if we're basing this on knowledge.

Thanks for posting this, Maria. Any quiz that makes me look smarter than I really am is welcome.

message 9: by Mark (new)

Mark (pericles) that was fun. I got 13 but to my undying shame I couldn't remember which Conrad. But Zybahn....Good grief....we are not worthy