Brain Science Podcast discussion

Neuroscience News > Support for Lynch's Big Brain idea?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Virginia (new)

Virginia MD (gingercampbell) | 321 comments Mod
The above link is a piece from ScienceNOW that suggests that there is evidence that the need for a better sense of smell was the first driver for bigger brains in mammals. Interesting hypothesis.

Good link Georgem, but may I suggest you include a description next time since I for one tend to be wary of unidentified links.

message 3: by John (new)

John Brown | 52 comments Along this theme, I received an email a few days ago, purportedly from Paypal, asking me to open a link that would "re-activate your Paypal account, that we have temporarily suspended due to suspicious accesses by multiple computers". When I opened my Paypal account on its usual page, there was no evidence of such suspension.
I did become a victim of Zeus about 18 months ago, which added new boxes onto my bank account pages to collect my log-in data. Fortunately I spotted it early, and downloaded Spybot, which got rid of Zeus completely.
Its a nasty world out there.

message 4: by Virginia (new)

Virginia MD (gingercampbell) | 321 comments Mod
John wrote: "Along this theme, I received an email a few days ago, purportedly from Paypal, asking me to open a link that would "re-activate your Paypal account, that we have temporarily suspended due to suspic..."

John, why did you post this here? I want to give you a chance to move this post to the appropriate off-topic area before I delete it.