What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Book about a mouse who leaves home to seek an education

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ivan (new)

Ivan I read a book as a kid (40 years ago) about a mouse who lived at home with his parents and lots of siblings. The house was multi-storied, but undergroud(?)- all the mice wore clothes. The house was furnished. I can't recall more. Help. Oh, it was fully illustrated.

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Mahalia Mouse Goes to College? But I think this is a newer book.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin O. | 24 comments I really hope we can find this one! I started googling and got to a wikipedia site of "fictional mice and rats." Maybe try browsing through it?

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin O. | 24 comments A few possibilities:
The Adventures of Danny Meadow Mouse, Thornton W. Burgess
The Family Minus, Fernando Krahn
A Mouse Family Album, Pamela Sampson

message 5: by Gabs (last edited Jan 17, 2013 05:18PM) (new)

Gabs  | 127 comments Christopher Church Mouse Grandpa's Secret Book and Cassette is what I think of when someone talks about fully clothed mice. Ben and Me: An Astonishing Life of Benjamin Franklin by His Good Mouse Amos is about a mouse that goes to seek his fortune, but it was not fully illustrated. And Mouse Seeks His Fortune was the book I came up with when I googled this. These are all long shots, I'm sorry!

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma | 6 comments Sounds similar to the film 'the tales of despereaux'. I'm not sure if that was a book before it was made into a film?

message 7: by Gabs (new)

Gabs  | 127 comments Emma wrote: "Sounds similar to the film 'the tales of despereaux'. I'm not sure if that was a book before it was made into a film?"

Yes, it was. here's the link. The Tale of Despereaux

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 215 comments My first thought was Stuart Little but that was in a skyscraper not underground.

There's Racso and the Rats of Nimh, though it's not 40 years old www.goodreads.com/book/show/24703.Rac...

The Mouse and the Motorcycle is about 40 years old
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23...

None of those are fully illustrated though...

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37540 comments Mod
Ivan, are any of these your book?

message 10: by laurenpie (new)

laurenpie | 132 comments I vaguely remember a very short children's book about a country mouse packing his suitcase, leaving his parents and going to live with his cousins in the city, to see what he could learn. I loved this book when I was small (mid-1960's).

message 11: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) PM and link sent to Ivan, who is an active member of GR.

message 12: by Ivan (new)

Ivan Thanks everyone for trying to help. None of these are the book I'm thinking of. Laurenpie, that sound kinda like it.

I've read a number of these like The Mouse and the Motorcycle and Ben and Me: An Astonishing Life of Benjamin Franklin by His Good Mouse Amos and let's not forget Stuart Little. But they're not the one.

message 13: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4839 comments Ivan, was this a picture book or a chapter book?

These are stretches, but checkout:
Trubloff
and maybe the Anatole series http://www.goodreads.com/series/64532...

message 14: by Railyn (new)

Railyn (funky-rat) | 244 comments Could it perhaps be a re-telling of the old Country Mouse and City Mouse story? There are many.....

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37540 comments Mod
Ivan has left the group so moving this to Abandoned.