Umbrella Summer Umbrella Summer discussion

Who cried reading this?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Adela Bezemer-Cleverley I cried buckets. More than I've cried for any book since the first time I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Laurynn Dont worry, I cried too. And I am only thirteen.

Lucy Me!

Emily i didnt but i really thought this was insiring

Kelly Rohan I teared up, but Out of Mind by Sharon Draper sent me over the edge.

Lucy Kelly wrote: "I teared up, but Out of Mind by Sharon Draper sent me over the edge."

Me too!

Taylor Sukys I didn't really cry I teared up because it reminded me of a recent loss of my 9 yr old cousin so it was like a hard book to read, But I did not like it at all!!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I didnt really cry.

Adela Bezemer-Cleverley Taylor wrote: "I didn't really cry I teared up because it reminded me of a recent loss of my 9 yr old cousin so it was like a hard book to read, But I did not like it at all!!!"

that's unfortunate that you didn't like it, but I can understand since it brought up sad memories.. however, I really liked this book.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the book actually loved the book, and I love Lisa Graff, and I love The thing About Georgie!!!!!!!!

Taylor Sukys ohh and yeah ADELA.

message 12: by Delaney (new)

Delaney why is the book so sad? i haven't cried for a book yet.

Adela Bezemer-Cleverley C.H.O.M.P wrote: "why is the book so sad? i haven't cried for a book yet."

it's written from the perspective of a 10 year old girl who's brother died, and it's about her trying to cope... if you read it you'd probably understand better--it's just so brilliantly written and makes you really feel what the little girl is feeling

message 14: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Adela wrote: "C.H.O.M.P wrote: "why is the book so sad? i haven't cried for a book yet."

it's written from the perspective of a 10 year old girl who's brother died, and it's about her trying to cope... if you r..."

ohhhhhhhhhh

Lindsey Kelly wrote: "I teared up, but Out of Mind by Sharon Draper sent me over the edge."

what is Out of Mind about? i want to read it.

message 16: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Lindsey wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I teared up, but Out of Mind by Sharon Draper sent me over the edge."

what is Out of Mind about? i want to read it."

About a girl with cerebal palsy which makes her look like a retard when she is really smart. I could explain but I bet it would sound better than how I describe it. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

Shermel This book had me in tears. I was depressed the whole day.

Hannah I almost did :)

message 19: by ❀Quindi❀ (last edited Apr 23, 2013 03:06PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

❀Quindi❀ Lindsey wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I teared up, but Out of Mind by Sharon Draper sent me over the edge."

Out of my mind! teared me up as well!
Delaney, read it! Its about a special ed girl whos really smart but cant show it and then she finds a computer thing that can help her... competition... winning... losing... blah blah blah i cant tell you, read it and find out yourself its better and interesting that way.

HollyR Chew I cried. I lost a nephew at a young age so it was very close to home. I love the analogy of using an umbrella for self-protection.

Sarah SAD

message 22: by paula (new)

paula Delaney wrote: "Lindsey wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I teared up, but Out of Mind by Sharon Draper sent me over the edge."

About a girl with cerebal palsy which makes her ..."

Delaney wrote: "Lindsey wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I teared up, but Out of Mind by Sharon Draper sent me over the edge."

About a girl with cerebal palsy which makes her ..."

Delaney, it is really offensive to refer to someone mentally challenged as a "retard." Educate yourself and be more considerate.

Bailey I cried when I read the book. It was so sad!!!