Good YA Series discussion

Pittacus Lore
This topic is about Pittacus Lore
Lorien Legacies > The Movie

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Mar 28, 2012 09:37PM) (new)

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
I Am Number Four Movie

I just got the movie, I Am Number Four, today, and I'm going to watch it. I will try to have a review for it by tomorrow.

For those who have already seen the movie, what were your favorite parts?

For those who have watched the movie and read the first book, did you think the movie did the book justice?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I read the book and watched the movie, I thought that the book was TONS better, but the movie was quite good. They switched a lot of the things around, but they did do a pretty good representation of the book.

message 3: by Crystal (new)

Okay, the movie is great. They did switch a lot of the sequence of when things happened, but it kind of helped make it the movie makers' own story.

I think the movie was better mostly because the book had a lot of long action-packed parts in it that I had to see to understand it. I felt like if I forgot one little detail, I'd end up of lost and wondering to myself things like, "Why are Mark and Sarah here? Aren't they suppose to be crushed underneath the school? How'd they get here so fast?...". So when they had all those awesome special effects, I thought the movie made those parts better.

message 4: by Todd (last edited Aug 19, 2011 01:40AM) (new)

Todd (nerdytodd) I totally disagree!! I loved the book, and especially the relationships within the book. And I don't think the movie's screenwriter captured ANY of the character-relationships at all!!

Basically, I think everyone involved with the movie did their job perfectly, except for the screenwriter!!

My POINTS for hating vs loving ...
the movie vs the book:

♥I loved the casting. I agreed with every casting choice, they were exactly as I had pictured.

♥I loved the action sequences, they were done vividly and somewhat how I pictured them...

MORE==>(view spoiler)

They just changed too much. They changed it to the point of completely changing the story for me.

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Taja wrote: "I totally disagree!! I loved the book, and especially the relationships within the book. And I don't think the movie's screenwriter captured ANY of the character-relationships at all!!

Basical..."

I remember in the book Henri said that the people on Lorien didn't love the same way people do on Earth. He said that Loriens love more deeply than people usually do on Earth, and when they find that person to spend the rest of their lives with, they don't have emotions like jealousy or anything like that. In the movie, they didn't really explain that kind of relationship. They didn't even mention Henri's wife.

message 6: by Tom (new)

Tom Tancin (tomtancin) | 3 comments I saw the movie but didn't read the book. I liked the movie and now I plan to read the book. I'll compare after I read the book.

message 7: by Crystal (new)

Taja wrote: "Crystal wrote: "I remember in the book Henri said that the people on Lorien didn't love the same way people do on Earth. He said that Loriens love more deeply than people usually do on Earth, and w..."

:) I wouldn't say they ruined the whole thing, but that part of the story that added emotion, I would kinda say they ruined it.

message 8: by Crystal (new)

Tom wrote: "I saw the movie but didn't read the book. I liked the movie and now I plan to read the book. I'll compare after I read the book."

I don't think I could do that for I Am Number Four. The movie takes so much from the book that it would get hard for me to differentiate from the book and movie.

message 9: by Shaina (new)

Shaina | 42 comments So i really loved the book and when i heard how alex Pettyfer was cast as four, I couldn't wait for the movie to come out. But, honestly the movie just missed way to many of the important pasts or else just skipped them over. And then theres the whole thing with Sam's dad? Weird. It could have been better :/

message 10: by Crystal (new)

Shaina wrote: "So i really loved the book and when i heard how alex Pettyfer was cast as four, I couldn't wait for the movie to come out. But, honestly the movie just missed way to many of the important pasts or ..."

Yeah, what was up with Sam's step-dad in the movie? Was he suppose to come off as such a jerk or what?

Also I missed the glasses. I just wanted to see those geeky glasses on Sam.

message 11: by Shaina (new)

Shaina | 42 comments yeah i wanted the glasses too!

message 12: by Subz221 (new)

Subz221 i liked the movie a lot, mostly because alex pettyfer was in it and i'm a huge fan. my favorite part was in the beginning when john was riding the speedboat thing. the battle was cool, too.

message 13: by Crystal (new)

Subz221 wrote: "i liked the movie a lot, mostly because alex pettyfer was in it and i'm a huge fan. my favorite part was in the beginning when john was riding the speedboat thing. the battle was cool, too."

Who doesn't love Alex Pettyfer? I've had a crush on him since Stormbreaker came out.

message 14: by Shaina (new)

Shaina | 42 comments haha same!!!!!!!!!!!! I was heartbroken when he wasn't cast as Jace, he is perfect!

message 15: by Subz221 (new)

Subz221 i was totally disappointed that the jamie guy got picked for jace's part. it would've been alex, but alex wanted to do some other book-into-movie project.

message 16: by Crystal (new)

Subz221 wrote: "i was totally disappointed that the jamie guy got picked for jace's part. it would've been alex, but alex wanted to do some other book-into-movie project."

what other project?

message 17: by Subz221 (new)

Subz221 ummm... i think it was called the last apprentice. i found a link for it:
http://www.filmofilia.com/alex-pettyf...

message 18: by Christina (new)

Christina (hannaetc) | 1 comments Loved the book :) Would have loved the movie If I hadn't read the book :(

message 19: by Zayna (new)

Zayna | 41 comments I really liked the movie. the book was obviously better but the movie was still good. I hated Henry in the movie, they made him so mean and controlling. HE dIED WAY TOO EARLY. it was unfair. i absolutely loved Sam!!

message 20: by Alice (new)

Alice (alicelhonda) i loved the movie and the book, but i guess i liked the movie better. it was more exciting, mostly because of the action scenes. i guess that part in the book was really confusing to understand. but in the movie the special effects totally made everything look better.

message 21: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 41 comments I never read the book but I liked the movie

message 22: by Crystal (new)

Rebecca wrote: "I never read the book but I liked the movie"

I'm only on the second book right now, but I think its a good book series. The first book is alot like the movie so if you read you might feel like you already know everything that happens before it happens (execpt for Henri's parts).

message 23: by Emily (new)

Emily I (emilyi) Jenna! wrote: "I read the book and watched the movie, I thought that the book was TONS better, but the movie was quite good. They switched a lot of the things around, but they did do a pretty good representation ..."

I agree, some of the movie made almost no sense at all

message 24: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra  (alex-) Jenna! wrote: "I read the book and watched the movie, I thought that the book was TONS better, but the movie was quite good. They switched a lot of the things around, but they did do a pretty good representation ..."

Ye the book was really better , but I really didn't like the move at all , I think it was actually quite bad!! But I think everyone has there own opinion, and that's mine you have yours and so and so..... I would like to know why you thought the movie was a good representation though!! :-)

message 25: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra  (alex-) Christina wrote: "Loved the book :) Would have loved the movie If I hadn't read the book :("

Ye I agree with that I was totally comparing them to much!!

message 26: by Clíodhna (new)

Clíodhna | 3 comments I, to be honest, loved the movie and the book. Differently. Although the movie left out something that was in the book that allows the series to continue and without it there can't be a second film unless its not to the book.

message 27: by Crystal (new)

There were some elements in the movie though that were in the second book. Like the part where they kept talking about how Sam's father is involved.

message 28: by Clíodhna (new)

Clíodhna | 3 comments But they left out the second ship which means that Ella can't come into the story and if she doesn't then the whole thing will go all kablooey.

message 29: by Crystal (new)

Clíodhna wrote: "But they left out the second ship which means that Ella can't come into the story and if she doesn't then the whole thing will go all kablooey."

They could always mention it in the sequel. They could have John start having the dreams then.

message 30: by Clíodhna (new)

Clíodhna | 3 comments I guess but i think that when the first book was finished you were meant to be wondering about that ship. It'll probably turn out ok but not as good as the books.