WACC- Writers Against Cardboard Characters discussion

Characters A-G > Aurora

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) where to start, where to start... you dont have a lot that you're going on. what type of girl is she? is she sweet, mean, shy, over the top, ugly, pretty, tall short, ANYTHING??? when you see her in your head what do you see? and what age are you most conformable with writing? cuz there is a very big difference between thirteen and sixteen.
where does ivy live? what happens during the story?

message 2: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 22 comments maybe you could do some sort of dark secret, which is the reason her brother was hidden from her and the reason her father died...

message 3: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) dark secrets are good. they make the story interesting. my stories tend to have twists. siareen- *coughs* sara *coughs* lol.

ok, so ivy has long black hair and grey eyes. thats already sort of haunted looking. it goes with what you said about her visions/dreams. are the visions real? do they come true? is she psychic? is she haunted? her living by the graveyard is also cool. and creepy. she's giving me the chills. lol.

message 4: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 22 comments lol Zoe :)
maybe she did something a long time ago, something horrible that she is ashamed and scared of, and she looses her mind after doing it. her mind blocks out the memory, and also leaves her with other problems.
does killing her father work? but how does the brother fit in?

message 5: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 22 comments maybe she just witnesses her fathers murder. a very brutal murder. that could drive her crazy. unless you want her to be the murderer.
maybe the brother is also psychic, and because they both are, they have to be kept apart or something.
does he know its his sister?

message 6: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) lol. i know what you mean. ok, so she has visions and dreams that sort of come true. i like siareens idea of killing her father. or something else really bad that she blocked out. then you have another twist in the story, she can be trying to unblock the memory of the bad thing she did but at the same time being scared to know what it is that she did cuz she knows it was something bad. am i making any sense whatsoever? cuz i feel like im rambling on and what im trying to say only makes sense to me.....

message 7: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) until what?

i have a character who saw both her parents die. her mom was murdered and her dad committed suicide. she's sort of a depressed character. and awesome. she is one of my favorites.

them wanting to kill each other is good. it throws in something interesting. but what type of person is she? is she nice, mean, bitchy, shy, angry? what personality does she have? if someone insults her to her face what will she do? punch them, walk away, insult them back, sic a ghost on them?

message 8: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) ok. so now you have her looks, a past, and a personality. what do you want help with next?

message 9: by Naomi (last edited Jun 26, 2011 11:46AM) (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) you dont wanna stay with ivy?
what type of name do you wnat? traditionally, unique, weird....

message 10: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) hmmmmm how about:

Alessia
angel
Belle
Grace
fay
charlotte
michelle
caroline
indigo
kalia
karen
lisa
lacy
laura
carmen
mae
noya
ruby

want more? also, what type of name do you want? normal, unique.....

last names:
http://names.mongabay.com/most_common...

message 11: by Naomi (last edited Jun 26, 2011 12:08PM) (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) i have every type of name. tell me if you like any of these:

Rizena
Kiera
Kiana
Trevelyan
Zoa
Tika
Skye
sierra
Mayilan
Kizzy
Heaven
Milicka
larain
destiny
dawn
Rayna
Halo
Caoimhe
Cheyenne
Latricia
Carissa
Dolzena

did you find one you like or do you want more?

message 12: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) ivy rizena..... hmmmm.... i like it! did you figure out a last name?

message 13: by Naomi (new)

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) good luck!

message 14: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 22 comments Zoe wrote: "until what?

i have a character who saw both her parents die. her mom was murdered and her dad committed suicide. she's sort of a depressed character. and awesome. she is one of my favorites.

the..."

yup. gotta love her :D she be pretty freaky though :P

lol, Zoe is definitely the right person to come to for names

message 15: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 22 comments anything else you need help with?

message 16: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 812 comments Mod
Maybe she can play any song on the piano after hearing it once?

message 17: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Cool. You still need a last name right?

What's her background/heritage? That'll help.

message 18: by Siareen (new)

Siareen | 22 comments doesnt having mental problems [however small they are] count as quirks? if you really want, make her slightly unstable at times. she can see things that arent there while other people are around, or get into these dreamy stare or something...

just a question- where does your story take place? this world or a made up one?

message 19: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Charlotte wrote: "Yeah. Ummm, what do you mean?"

Like, scottish, native, english...that kind of thing. It'll help me make a list of last names.

message 20: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Okay.

Give me a minute.

message 21: by Ky, The Name Ninja (new)

Here's some. I'm sorry, but I'm not in the mood to sort out the ones that flow best.

Smith
Johnson
Williams
Jones
Brown
Davis
Miller
Wilson
Moore
Taylor
Anderson
Thomas