twilight lovers! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Twilight Movie > Twilight the Movie?

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hyun Jung (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new)

Hyun Jung | 7 comments Have you all heard about the production of Twilight as a movie? It'll be coming out in 2010. It's too long! Meyer is working with the movie people. It's all on her site!

What do you think the movie will be like?

message 2: by Jasachi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:03PM) (new)

Jasachi (JasachiAmano) | 3 comments No way!! Thats such a long time! I'll be a senior by then! They better make this movie freaking amazing if its going to take THAT long! xP Thanks for sharing the info! =D
~Sachi <3

message 3: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:09PM) (new)

Sarah | 3 comments I really don't want the movie to come out actually.
My perfect vision of Edward will be shattered, since no human is as perfect as he is. Once an actor takes his role, it will be hard to hang on to the image I have of Edward currently. [And its much better than any actor I know of].

I might be able to wait till 2010 for the movie but I simply cannot wait till 2008 for the fourth book of the series to come out!! >.<

message 4: by Heba (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:16PM) (new)

Heba (Hebzi) | 4 comments I agree with you Sarah.. I've seen some of the pictures and I was little disappointed..
and I don't think they will make it as good as the books!

message 5: by Lindsey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:21PM) (new)

Lindsey | 3 comments Hyung, I agree with your idea of the movie's perspective of shattering Edward's image. I know I've got one in my head lol . . .
But still, it'd be a pretty awesome movie, even though I don't see it making any awards for the movie, just the books.

message 6: by Kelsey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:43PM) (new)

Kelsey (KelseyBrookfield) I agree! It is hard to think that an imperfect HUMAN will be playing the perfect edward! I hard a perfect vision of Edward Cullen in my head! So far Tom Sturridge{sp?} is my favorite choice and definitly Emily for Bella! I can't wait to see it on film I just hope they won't ruin it!

message 7: by Ginger (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Ginger | 12 comments If you go to imdb.com you can see the "rumored" Bella and the release date of 2008. I think Emily Browning would be perfect! Kristin Stewart would be my second choice. As for casting Edward...any suggestions?

I agree that there is no way the movie can be as good as the books. I think they are going to have a hard time portraying the "electricity" between Bella and Edward.

message 8: by Hyun Jung (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:48PM) (new)

Hyun Jung | 7 comments i definately agree that edward probably wont hold up to our expectations as meyer's so beautifully made him. but i cant wait to see it come to life.

message 9: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Heidi It's true that no one can live up to the physical images we have in mind for the characters (especially since everyone has a different image in mind), but if you get good actors and a good script, they should be able to pull it off.

I mean, when I first started watching the BBC "Pride and Prejudice" I was vastly disappointed in Mr. Darcy--he didn't look at all like I'd imagined. But I was as much in love with him as Elizabeth Bennett was by the end, and I couldn't imagine him otherwise. So I'm hoping that even if the movie Edward doesn't look like the Edward in my head, he'll still be able to convince me he's Edward by the end.

message 10: by Ashley (last edited Dec 16, 2007 02:57PM) (new)

Ashley | 8 comments I think that the movie producers will ruin the movie. I've seen some of the characters their using and I think that they picked the wrong people.

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 8 comments I think I'll have to wait until the movie is actually made to see if I want to watch it. I have a great idea of what all the characters look like in my head and I don't think that anyone could get it just right.

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 8 comments Ginger, my thoughts exactly. I don't think that any stupid actors can portay so much emotion and love between Bella and Edward. I think that that part of the movie would be completely ruined. =(

message 13: by Hyun Jung (new)

Hyun Jung | 7 comments we gotta face it. we'll never get the perfect twilight picture out of our minds.

im so glad that its not going to be in 2010 anymore but by the end of this year, 2008 !

message 14: by Saii (new)

Saii | 3 comments Yeah its true what you have all said. No one will be able to live up to our Edwards or any of the characters. Hopefully they wont have anyone too famous meaning that you see their face and you think of anyone but the character they are portraying. It won't as good as our minds but hopefully they do a good job. I just cant wait till the fourth book comes out. I love Edward and Jacob. Jacob more at times.

message 15: by Kara (new)

Kara trammell | 6 comments im sort of upset that they are making a movie. its going to ruin everything. nobody will be able to think the same way again.

message 16: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Kara said: "im sort of upset that they are making a movie. its going to ruin everything. nobody will be able to think the same way again."

I know a lot of people feel this way, but then again, that's what a lot of people said about the Harry Potter movies, and even the Lord of the Rings series. Obviously it's impossible to put all the nuances and details and character development and background into a movie, but honestly, those other two series did a really good job. We can argue about the merits/lacks of specific films in those series, but overall they caught the spirit and story really well. I expect that the Twilight films will be the same.

No, Edward won't match the picture in your head, but your picture probably doesn't match my picture anyway, so there's no way anyone could please everyone. But Stephenie really liked the actor they've chosen, and I trust her judgment--if anyone has a right to feel possessive about these characters, it's her.

And it's not like the film will destroy your enjoyment of the books. Avoid the paperbacks with the movie tie-in covers, and it's like the movies never happened. :)

I can't imagine they'd have to combine any of the books for the first movie, but I think they'll have to for the second one. Honestly, a movie of just New Moon would be booooooring--so much of the book is what's going on inside Bella's head, and that's hard to portray on the screen. Come to think of it, though, it might make sense to establish that Jacob is a werewolf in the first film to underline the rivalry between the vamps and the wolves. Hmmm...I wonder how they'll deal with the Volturi in the next film, then.

Anyway, it's all interesting to think about.

message 17: by Kendall (last edited Jan 31, 2008 06:37PM) (new)

Kendall (elphaba0115) | 42 comments I just heard about the movie and i have mixed feelings about it. I dont see how they'll be able to bring the fire between Bella and Edward (if they do they must have scary good actors). But Im willing to see the movie ONLY after I finish all four books (Im in the middle of Twilight now). Im not crazy about who they casted to play Bella or Edward, but I'll have to wait and see I guess...

message 18: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Kendall, I'm not too happy about who they casted as Edward, either but I'm okay with Kristen playing Bella. Bella's suppose to be pretty but not that pretty and Kristen fits it. Maybe Danielle Panabaker would have been cuter but I can live with her as Bella. I just don't like Robert Pattinson aka Cedric Diggory as Edward. Edward just makes my heart melt with one thought of him and I can't feel the same about Robert. I did imagine Edward with an English accent so that works! But everything else doesn't.

message 19: by Kendall (last edited Feb 01, 2008 07:16PM) (new)

Kendall (elphaba0115) | 42 comments Ranata, i am almost done with twilight and i did see Robert in Harry Potter and i just dont see how he'll be able to come close to what Edward is in the book. After thinking about,I feel that Kristen (if she works at it) will be able to grasp the role of bella. But, now knowing who is playing the lead roles, who else will be cast and were they will film? So may questions, such a long time to wait... If you have any info on this type of stuff please please PLEASE tell me

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

actually they do have the whole casted picked they just havent showed us yet. And they status is at filming now. they our going to start filming on febuary 25.

message 21: by Kendall (new)

Kendall (elphaba0115) | 42 comments yea, on www.stepheniemeyer.com it says that Twilight is now in production

message 22: by Katy (last edited Feb 06, 2008 06:03PM) (new)

Katy K. (twilightlover) | 1 comments I am FURIOUS about who they casted for Edward, he is supposed to be kind, but dangerous, beautiful, but scary. Robert doesn't fit the part at all especially because he can never be as gorgeous as I ever pictured Edward. I dont really want to see the movie even though I know Ill end up going anyway and then leaving thoroughly disappointed. I just hate it. also isnt the 4th book coming out at 12:01 tonight?!?!?! I think thats what I heard.

message 23: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1 comments The release date was announced at 12:01 this morning, not the book.

The release date is August 2, 2008 and you can pre-order from Amazon or B&N.

message 24: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I agree with you, Katy about Robert Pattinson not being the Edward I imagined. He's not hot enough. I like the british accent because I imagine Edward to have one but I don't think he's gonna do the role justice. I don't care about who they casted as Bella because Edward makes the series worthwhile to me.

message 25: by Kendall (new)

Kendall (elphaba0115) | 42 comments ok, people you need to figure out that even though Robert Pattinson may not be YOUR perfect Edward, it doesn't mean that he's not going to do good with the role. You shouldn't judge him until you see the movie or at least the preview

message 26: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Of course he's not our Edward but not that many people are really digging this cast to begin with. It's not just us on Goodreads. I don't even want to really see the movie because it will taint my image of him. He just doesn't fit to me. If you feel otherwise, great, good for you but that's how WE feel so why can't we express it?

message 27: by Jyv (new)

Jyv For a poll about the cast visit http://www.grupthink.com/topic/9977. I agree with the comments above. While Robert isn't an ideal Edward, it could've been worse.

message 28: by Mandi (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments i'm not sure if i'm very excited for the movie. i don't want it to ruin how i imagine things. and i wish they would pick someone better for Edward. but honestly i don't think that they will be able to please everyone with the Edward they choose. Everyone imagines him different, and is there really anyone that hot?

message 29: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Gaspard Ulliel would not have been worse.

message 30: by Laura (new)

Laura just for some clarification-- the movie will be out this year. Here's a link to see release dates of movies-- scroll to December and there it is. December 12th, baby!!!!

http://www.film-releases.com/film-rel...

message 31: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Wallicik (shannon01) | 5 comments That is sooo disappointing to have to wait that long. I to have a perfect image of Edward in my head and I dont want to be shattered if the actor hired isnt what he should be! I find myself checking out guys to see if I would cast him as Edward and I just havent seen that "perfect" chisled look- yet! Why are they torturing us with the wait?

message 32: by Mandi (new)

Mandi Connell | 84 comments books are almost never as good as the movies! i'm arfraid of what they will change in the story and what they won't even put in. sometimes they take out characters completely! i just hope the movie doesn't take away how i imagine things.

message 33: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 9 comments I am so HAPPY that the movie is coming out soon. I CANT WAIT!!! YEA!!!

Your right, Edward needs to look like teen ager, not Mr. Man. I really want this to be a good movie, i am really hoping they do a good job.

message 34: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 03, 2008 05:55PM) (new)

I DO, not like who they picked out for the Cullens (and Bella) at all!
Esme needs to have a warm, caring aura about her, but Elizabeth Reaser doesn't.
Rosalie needs to be beyond beautiful, but Nikki Reed isn't quite there yet.
Emmett needs to have muscules and a teddy bear thing going on, but Kellan Lutz doesn't.
I think that Peter Facinelli actualy does fit the bill for Carlisle... shock!
Ashley Greene does look pixie-ish, but needs a hair cut.
In my mind, Jasper needs to kinda have a look that he has seen more than he wants to and knows so much. Jackson Rathbone just does NOT pull that off. Oh, and I hate his hair!
And don't even get me started on Bella and Edward... *growls*
Sorry about the ranting. I just really got going. Now it's time for me to say something about the production that is... nice. *cringes*
Here we go.
The people at Summet did a good job at attempting to find the perfect Cullen (and Bella) cast. Even though they couldn't sattisfy everyone, they did their best. *cough-not-cough-really-cough* And I'm sure the movie will be fantastic-ly great!

message 35: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I hate all the Cullens except for Carlisle (Peter Facinelli is hot), Emmett and Esme. Nikki Reed is not a white chick so I don't get why she's Rosalie but whatever.

I just hope they don't suck up the book too much. I love Kristen Stewart but not as Bella and definitely not Cedric Diggory as Edward. But whatever. Let's not judge before we see this travesty, i mean movie. LOL

message 36: by No.i (new)

No.i (Kairi) | 18 comments Really? In 2010? I heard on MSN that it's coming out on December 12, 2008. This year.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

It is.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

r u kidding me i thought it was this year gawd i'm going to die waiting for the movie to come out atleast the book is coming earlier so i have something to swoon about rite now

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

NO NO!! I meant that it comes out this year! Sorry!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.