Harry Potter discussion

Movies > Vote to make HP 5 the "Best Movie of the Year!"

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy Marie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new)

Amy Marie (amy_marie97) | 26 comments Thats right - now YOU can vote to make HP 5 the movie of the year! Right now, its losing terribly pitifully to 300 and Transformers- granted, they are both good movies, but we are Harry fans people!

Vote here:
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie...

message 2: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments hey, amy, i'm a real harry potter book addict and i looooovvveeee jk but i am terribly disappointed with the movie so it would be hypocritical of me to vote it as "best movie of the year". there are a lot of scenes i'd like to be included but it was not there. and if someone hadn't read the book they wouldn't be able to make heads & tails of the movie. i'll vote it as best book though......

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:02PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I voted for Harry Potter.

message 4: by Shadi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:05PM) (new)

Shadi | 1 comments i love harry potter and i think its a great book but i didnt like the movies at all

message 5: by Amy Marie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:06PM) (new)

Amy Marie (amy_marie97) | 26 comments How did you guys not like the movies? Seriously, it may have been lacking scenes - but there is only so much you can put in! I agree, there are more scenes I would have liked to see put in - but being able to see a thestral or to see Grimauld place (which wasnt exactly how i envisioned it) was a unique experience.

message 6: by Cindy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:07PM) (new)

Cindy (cookiejarprincess) The movies aren't the books. In order to be able to enjoy them for what they are you have to be able to seperate them in your mind. Yeah, there are scenes that I wished has been included or excluded from all of the films so far, but I love the movies regardless of how close they follow the plotline of the books. Because they are the movies, not the books. Just my two cents. And I voted. I'm also going to post the link on one of the forums that I belong to so the other members can vote as well.

message 7: by Cindy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:07PM) (new)

Cindy (cookiejarprincess) I agree, Brianna, I would rather read any book than watch the movie. And I'm all for a ten hour epic film for the last two otherwise I don't know how they'll tell the story. But being a movie fanatic as well as a book fanatic, I just like movies, regardless of what other form of media they relate to. There are definitely scenes that I am disappointed that did not make it into the films and there are extra bits of storyline that they have added to the films that aren't in the books, the whole Cho thing for instance. And where has Dobby been in the last three films? They aren't as good as the books, I've rarely seen a film that I would rate as good as the book, but I still love the films. And while I would probably agree that OOTP is not the best film of the year, I voted for it anyway because I am simply obsessed with all things Harry Potter. lol

message 8: by Michele (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:07PM) (new)

Michele | 20 comments I loved the movies all. Many aspects that I imagined like Quidditch where exactly as I thought they would be. Granted many things were moved around but and even cut but I do think that there is a limit to what you can keep. We are talking about books that are 500+ pages! Luckily for me, I don't reread the books prior to the movies (and I have a fairly bad memory) so I can enjoy the movies on face value.

In comparison to another favorite of mine - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (I have yet to see a movie that does it justice) I think the movies were overall well done.

message 9: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:07PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments that's the beauty of the books, they make us go to another world and imagine stuffs (like the thestrals, the grimmauld place, the elves, etc.) but i have to explain the movie to a lot of people since they know i read them. they can't understand/appreciate the movie as is (except maybe for the first 2) unless they've read it. my sister is now just loving harry potter just because i got her into reading the books unlike before when she just saw the movies. well, we have different perspective....

message 10: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:10PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments It's kind of funny because every time I've finished reading one of the books I think "I want to watch that again!" I create such amazing pictures in my head that I seriously think I'm watching a movie!