Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

More books like divergent?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 261) (261 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Nicole I loved this book! i am looking for more like it. I have already read hunger games, matched, i am number four, and the forest of hands and teeth. Does anyone have any suggestions?????????????

message 2: by J (new)

J Delirium is good
Matched is good
Wither is good
Feed
The Unidentified

Nicole Ive read matched but ill have to chek out the other books you reccomended. I really appreciate your suggestions

message 4: by M. (new) - rated it 3 stars

M. What about the Maze Runner? I haven't read it yet, but I heard it's good.

message 5: by J (new)

J Yes, the Maze Runner is good.

Nicole I havnt read it so idk but ill try to read it

Diane Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari

Nicole Ooooh wat is that about?

Heather loved this book.Poison Study Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder

Diane I haven't read Ashes, Ashes yet myself, have a few others on my night stand to finish first. A friend who also read and loved Divergent highly recommended it. Check out the summary http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/76...

Emily (Falling for YA) I really liked Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors, #1) by Susan Beth Pfeffer.

The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher Inside Out (Insider, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Birthmarked (Birthmarked, #1) by Caragh M. O'Brien Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre The Declaration (The Declaration, #1) by Gemma Malley

I haven't read all of these yet. But they were recommended to me as good Dystopians =)

Veronica The host is very good. One of my favorites. The hunger games of course.

Reddeath83 I definitely liked 'Birthmarked' by Caragh O'Brien and I also recommend 'Across the Universe' by Beth Revis. As far as I know there'll also be sequels... I personally am going to read 'The Maze Runner' next and I'm already looking forward to it :o)

Crystal (Kris) Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts is coming out this fall. It's a read I'm looking forward to.

I loved The Host, Matched, Across the Universe, and Wither.

Natalia enclave by ann aguirre
unwind by neal shusterman
gone by michael grant
blood red road by moira young
water wars by cameron stracher
delirium by lauren oliver
girl in the arena by lise haines
eden by keary taylor
candor by pam bachorz

**other books that may-or-may-not be realated to this book, but are popular and/or good reads:

graceling by kristin cashore
unearthly by cynthia hand
city of bones by cassandra clare
nevermore by kelly creagh

wow. that was fun :D

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ graceling is good and fire is another book by the same author

Hannah Delirium, Enclave, Across the Universe, The Water Wars, and Wither are all FANTASTIC books!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

The Water Wars is good
The Maze Runner is good
Delirium is ok
Gone is good
The Declaration is good
Matched is good
The Hunger Games is AMAZING

Nicole Yep

Allen ABH life as we knew it(1)
the dead and the gone(2)
this world we live(3 very disappointing of all three)

Hunger games trilogy

Enclaved

(will add more later :p)

Matthew I didn't like Maze Runner that much. Just got too long and Dashner isn't a very flowing writer. Hunger Games are amazing, but I'm sure most have read that already. Reading Enclave now.

Lizzie Just started enclave. Really am enjoying it. Read matched and delirium both are okay. Host is good too. The classics farenheight 451 and the giver are also very good picks

Louise the hunger games are good and are also similar to divergent

Eddie oh my god blood red road by miora young is one of my favorite books. i definitely recommend that

the gone series by michael grant was really good too

i'd also recommend the knife of never letting go by partick ness, but it really is more of a guy book . . .

message 25: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Hunger games is Amazing!
Maze runner is pretty good.
Blood red road was FANTASTIC!
The uglies trilogy was good.

I highly recommend Blood Red Road by Moira Young

Richard Denney "Hollow" by me is dystopian and it comes out in may. it's on my profile.

Allen ABH Richard wrote: ""Hollow" by me is dystopian and it comes out in may. it's on my profile."

:|

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Gone series is awesome i cant put the books down!!!!!

Gloria Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

try these series they're awesome

message 30: by Ina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ina hunger games,divergent,maze runner, i am number four,and matched were all really good books. GRACELING & FIRE are all my favorite books.

Natalie Enclave was good, but I found the female characters boring and useless. They were always the ones who got hurt.
Maze Runner was pretty good, but the idea seemed underdeveloped.
If you're a more advanced reader (like teen stuff is no challenge to read) try some adult stuff like Never Let Me Go by Kazou Ishiguro and The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. Both of them are dystopian and have elements of romance, but the writing is more mature and disturbing.

message 32: by Fleur (last edited Jul 21, 2011 07:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fleur Aside from Maze Runner, Enclave, Delirium and Hunger Games, Try Graceling, Mortal Instruments and the Gift. Now the last part started it all together with the lord of the flies.

Hannah Parker J wrote: "Delirium is good
Matched is good
Wither is good
Feed
The Unidentified"

i LOVE MATCHED
it was like reading a poem....=)

Hannah Parker hunger games, the knif of never letting go and maze runner

message 35: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Unwind
the hunger games
blood red road
uglies trilogy
Forest of the hands and teeth
the knife of never letting go
the eleventh plague
Feed
the house of the scorpions
the maze runner
Clockwork orange
Water Wars
Ashes Ashes

Laurie who is the Gone series by?

message 37: by Ina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ina Laurie wrote: "who is the Gone series by?"

micheal grant???

message 38: by Ina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ina Emma wrote: "Hunger games is Amazing!
Maze runner is pretty good.
Blood red road was FANTASTIC!
The uglies trilogy was good.

I highly recommend Blood Red Road by Moira Young"

two thumbs up to blood red road....i also highly recommend this book!!! :)

message 39: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 18, 2011 01:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer A lot of these have been mentioned but this is what I always post when people are looking for more good dystopian reads :-)

Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis The Declaration (The Declaration, #1) by Gemma Malley Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors, #1) by Susan Beth Pfeffer The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher The City of Ember (Books of Ember, #1) by Jeanne DuPrau Empty by Suzanne Weyn The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman Eden by Keary Taylor 20 Years Later by E.J. Newman Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano Skinned (Cold Awakening, #1) by Robin Wasserman Inside Out (Insider, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver Ship Breaker (Ship Breaker, #1) by Paolo Bacigalupi The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Possession (Possession, #1) by Elana Johnson XVI (XVI, #1) by Julia Karr

Rachael Hollowland (The Hollows, #1) by Amanda Hocking By Amanda Hocking was really good

message 41: by Kyle (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kyle Wasn't the biggest fan of Divergent, but some really good dystopians would have to be:
Gone (whole series) by Michael Grant
The Chaos Walking Trilogy (whole series) by Patrick Ness
The Enemy by Charlie Higson
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
The Hunger Games by . . . (must I say who?)
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (I technically HATED that book, but I know a lot of people who loved it and the series)
The Maze Runner by James Dashner (another I wasn't crazy for, but a lot of people love the series)
Blood Red Road by Moira Young (want to read it, have heard amazing things about it)
Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggari (I own this, want to read it SO. BAD.)

I'm sure there are plenty more, but those are the only ones that come to mind. Of course though, Harry Potter is always fun to check out! XD

Hannah Your right Blood Red Road is by far one of the best books I've ever read... Besides The Hunger Games.... Ashes, Ashes has been on my TR list for a while along with a book called Birthmarked which looks quite good.
The Chaos Walking is also something I've been interested in. I've read Gone, and because I am a major Heroes Tv show fan, I absolutely loved Gone series. It reminded me alot of Heroes.

Hannah Want to read Unwind, and am currently reading Incarceron... Pretty good.

Hannah People may also like The Forest of Hands and Teeth which is also on my TR list... Enclave was pretty good. Short though. I recommend the Lorien Legacies series (I am Number Four, The Power of Six) Great Sci-fi!!

Claire Merle I'm adding Blood Red Road to my To Be Read V soon list -- thanks guys! I'd also second Poison Study, The Gift and Graceling for excellent YA fantasy. Also enjoyed Across the Universe, Unwind, Delirium and Feed. (though Divergent and Hunger Games top that dystopia list!)

Tennille I likes Blood Red Road...It was strange at first because of the way it is written but it was great once i got used to it :)

Jessica I have heard a lot of good things about Eden by Keary Taylor

Tennille I just finished XVI by Julia Karr it was pretty good also

Darlene Well The Hunger Games is a must because it's like, the world's awesomest YA dystopian book. I love it more than Divergent. A great post-apocalyptic book is The Host by the one and only Stephenie Meyer (don't worry, it's heaps better than Twilight). It's an adult book, but you still should definitely read it. I like that better than Divergent too. I really loved Wither by Lauren DeStefano which presents a different kind of dystopia that isn't really like Divergent or THG. It's not action-packed in the way those books are either, but has a thing of it's own mixed with some interesting drama. The Skinned Trilogy by Robin Wasserman is good too. I actually like Divergent better than that one, but I still really liked it.

Hannah Tennille wrote: "I likes Blood Red Road...It was strange at first because of the way it is written but it was great once i got used to it :)"
I agree it was amazing, liked it better than Divergent. I tihnk because the characters were more likable

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Divergent (other topics)
Poison Study (other topics)
The Water Wars (other topics)
Birthmarked (other topics)
Inside Out (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kristin Cashore (other topics)
Veronica Roth (other topics)