How to Kill a Rock Star How to Kill a Rock Star discussion

Any books similar to this?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna I just read this book and absolutely loved it. I've already read DeBartolo's other novel (God-Shaped Hole) and liked it as well. Does anyone know of other books similar to this that are worth reading?

Megan Harris Jonathan Lethem's novel You Don't Love Me Yet. Is a little similar theme wise/rockstar wise.

Sarah Thoughtless and its sequel Effortless

and I also think you should take a look at Beautiful Disaster

marie If you liked How to Kill a Rock Star then you'll love Blindsided by Sayer Adams and also Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. I thought they were great.

Tina Sarah is dead on. Also check out KA Linde's Avoiding Commitment & Avoiding Responsibility. Colleen Hoover's Slammed and Jillian Dodd's That Boy. . I can go on and on.

Rosanna This is a good rock star book Unplugged (A Portrait of a Rock Star) by J.P. Grider

message 7: by Aya (last edited Sep 05, 2012 06:32PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aya Sarah wrote: "Thoughtless and its sequel Effortless

and I also think you should take a look at Beautiful Disaster"

I completely agree!!!

Reanell Tisdale Sheet Music by Ann Lister. I loved How to Kill a Rock Star! And Sheet Music is one of those books that makes your heart drop out of your chest because of the angst in it.

Tina Love the angst - I just finished onyx by Jennifer Armentrout . . Both books in the Luxe series are ang-sty!

Jessica Ruben I just want to say that this book was absolutely phenomenal. want a book like it?? I agree that thoughtless/effortless are great reads after rock star. So is beautiful disaster. The Opportunist by tarryn fisher is also something you might love! xoxo

Louise just finish reading this book,soooo Amazing my heart goes into a plane crash and actually survive, so happy..gonna read God shaped hole too:)

Andrea Jessica wrote: "I just want to say that this book was absolutely phenomenal. want a book like it?? I agree that thoughtless/effortless are great reads after rock star. So is beautiful disaster. The Opportunist by ..."

I agree 100%.

message 13: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Osborne I just brought How to Kill a Rock Stat on Amazon. I'm not sure if this book is available on Kindle!!! But couldn't find it.. It did cost a lot to buy and I only brought this book on paperback because it had such a good rating!!!!

Kim  *Mo Chridhe* I honestly have never read anything like it, and I've read quite a few music-themed, rockstar-led romance books. Because of the author's background in the music industry (she's a co-founder of a very successful independent music label), I found the rockstar/artist aspect of the book to be very realistic. It's also very beautifully written. I have highlights all over my ebook copy and paperback, and I never highlight books other than textbooks when I was in school.

I agree that Thoughtless is quite similar, in the sense that it's about a band trying to get their music out there. Despite also having a love triangle, I still find that it has a different "feel" to it. I don't know... Paul's heartbreak just gutted me. But definitely, Thoughtless would be a close second.

message 15: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Osborne My books arrived yipeeeere !!!! Let you guys know????

message 16: by Natalia (last edited Mar 03, 2013 06:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Natalia Rox I love love loved this book. The reverence for music reminded me of Rob Sheffield's books: Love is a Mix Tape and Talking to Girls about Duran Duran. Two amazing books for you music lovers. If you want something more for the YA genre then this book had a bit of the Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist vibe for me.

message 17: by BEE (new) - rated it 5 stars

BEE I'm looking an ebook version of DeBartolo's God-Shaped Hole. I can't find it on kindle, can anyone recommend other site? or is just on paperback version ?

Natalia Rox Natalia wrote: "Hasbe wrote: "I'm looking an ebook version of DeBartolo's God-Shaped Hole. I can't find it on kindle, can anyone recommend other site? or is just on paperback version ?""

I have not found any ebook versions of her books. You will have to find a paperback copy instead.

message 19: by Misa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Misa I really enjoyed this. Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino

message 20: by BEE (last edited May 11, 2013 09:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

BEE I've just finished Sweet things too, definately a good read absolutely love it. It reminded me so much of how to kill a rock star.

Kathy Sarah wrote: "Thoughtless and its sequel Effortless

and I also think you should take a look at Beautiful Disaster"

I absolutely ADORED the Thoughtless series. Reckless (the third and final book) was my favorite of them.

And I just started Beautiful Disaster...curious how this one goes.

Natalie CARNAGE STORY OF US LESLEY JONES