TV We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > Californication

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments I'm surprised there's no topic out here for Californication. There must be some fans out there. It's a great adult comedy with David Duchovny, Natascha McElhone, and a great cast. I am waiting for the new show out there on October 22nd, that's a long wait for a great show.

message 2: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 133 comments oh yeah! i do like this show. i don't have showtime so i have watched californication whenever i get showtime for free. i love the honest raw view of this show! i love the relationship of david and his ex. it makes me a little sad for them and happy that at least they try to keep it good for their daughter. and the daughter! she is awesome! i love how her character lashes out in one scene and then begs for acceptance in another.

message 3: by Allen (new)

Allen Allen (audiovore) | 222 comments Yeah, I love this show. I've seen the first two eps of season two that have leaked on the net. Funnily enough David Duchovny is in rehab for sex addiction.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments The season opener "Slip of the Tongue" is on tonight. I can't wait to watch it. I looked it up, but didn't read the snyposis in case they give too much away. Sheri Moon Zombie is the show. That alone ought to be interesting.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments It wasn't the best show ever, but it was a good one.

*******************SPOILER***********************

What is up with Rumpole hopping in that van? I mean how dense was that? I think the Hank bit is overdone to a predictable bit, as usual. It was still a good show though.

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments Is anyone else going through a Californication withdrawl? IMDB says new episodes starting September 28th. That's a long way away.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi  | 65 comments I got about half way through the first season and ended up downsizing cable, so no more HBO... saw that the first season is available on Netflix... I was dying to know how the high school chick blackmailing Duchovny's character worked out...

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments Sorry for the delay, really don't get much time these days. The blackmailing character got some some payback at the end of the last season. They threw you for quite a few twists, you'll actually forget her character, almost. Can't wait for the new season.

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments Am I the only one out here following Californication? A great episode.

message 10: by Allen (new)

Allen Allen (audiovore) | 222 comments I watch it. The opener and second leaked about two weeks ago online. Now I am stuck waiting till after this weeks ep for a new one.

At least I get a new Dexter this Sunday(premiere leaked back in summer).

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments Hank is back from the Big Apple. 2.5+ Years older, but not wiser. The same old same old from Hank. Change has been good for the ex-wife, daughter, and Runckle. What's next?

message 12: by Holli (new)

Holli renewed for another season

message 13: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments Hey Holli,

Do you mean beyond this season? This has been a good season, so far.

Thanks,

Jim

message 14: by Holli (new)

Holli Yes, beyond this season.

message 15: by Jim (new)

Jim (jim_) | 215 comments Thanks.

That's good news, i think. Hank Duchovny's character is aging not gracefully and his agent is quite the metamorphis.

message 16: by Holli (new)

Holli It's been a fun season so far!