Sunnyside Book Club discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dave (last edited Sep 15, 2008 10:18AM) (new)

Dave | 6 comments Mod
Welcome to the new home for the Sunnyside Book Club. We are resuming the group after a summer break and our first book is Dreams from My Father. We will meet to discuss this at my house on Thursday, October 23rd at 7pm.

-- Recruit new members, please invite anyone you think might be interested to check out our group!

-- Make a suggestion: add any book you think we should read to the group's to-read list.

message 2: by Peter (new)

Peter (sookpet) Dave,
just to clarify, the white tiger will be the next book discussed at a meeting sometime at the end of November. Is that correct?
Since I didn't start with Dreams From My Father which looks like the next book to be discussed on Oct. 23, I'll come for the one in November.
Let me know if that is correct.
Thanks.

message 3: by Annie (new)

Annie | 7 comments Hey Peter. Annie here. We actually read Dreams of My Father last October, but yes, The White Tiger is our next book. We will be meeting in November and the date is TBD still, but I will get on that soon!

message 4: by Peter (new)

Peter (sookpet) oops. haha. Just noticed that. I got The White Tiger and am looking forward to the meeting! Is Paul in the book club?

message 5: by Annie (new)

Annie | 7 comments He is a sporadic participant...

message 6: by Dave (new)

Dave | 6 comments Mod
And our next book after White Tiger is East of Eden for sometime in December. Whoever picks the book also picks the meeting place and time, Annie for White Tiger and Kelly for East of Eden. Look forward to having you!

message 7: by Annie (new)

Annie | 7 comments We are expanding and I am in the process of creating a bookclub email list! I know there are some folks whose emails I don't have. Please send me your name and email if you are interested in the bookclub (juniper.morse@gmail.com) Some of you are connected to the bookclub via goodreads and others aren't so I thought that sending out an old fashioned email might be the best way to contact everyone. I am trying to determine the next date for our November bookclub. Below are some suggested dates. Please email me to let me know which ones work for you. Location is still TBD as we are moving on the weekend of November 15th.

Meeting Place: TBD
Book: The White Tiger
Suggested Dates:

* Thursday Nov. 19th at 7pm
* Friday Nov. 20th at 7pm
* Sunday Nov. 22nd at 7pm
* Monday Nov. 23rd at 7pm

message 8: by Patty_brun (new)

Patty_brun | 7 comments Any of those dates & times work for me except for Sunday. Thanks for the nice welcome. My email address is uyterhoeven@gmail.com

message 9: by Elvira (new)

Elvira | 1 comments so funny that this might be the first book in the history of the Sunnyside book club that I will actually "read" (digital recording free from Mult. Co Pub Lib) and i will be out of town for Thanksgiving during those dates! oh well!!