Business Readers discussion

Forecast of US economy by Harry S. Dent Jr.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faith (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Faith | 16 comments Mod
This is the link which is the updated forecast of the
book I am reading The Next Great Bubble Boom by Harry S. Dent Jr. I encourage you to read to help you with your planning for 2008-2010 and for 2010-2014.

http://www.hsdent. com/download/ dow20000. pdf

For people in the US, please note that the forecast is about 15% unemployment rate after 2010. This means people in corporate work will face possibilities of retrenchment. If your industry will be hit by layoffs and you will be affected by it, you have 3 years to prepare for it.

For people in Asia, we will likewise be affected since
US is the largest market affecting Asian economies.
The forecasting method used by the book considered demographic trends and technology cycles. It proved accurate for the 2002 downturn. I got retrenched in August 2002! If you are in Asia and employed with a US-based company, it would be wise to be proactive and prepare for a retrenchment scenario.

For investments, 2008-2009 is forecasted to be good for large cap technology growth stocks.

An excerpt in the updated newsletter which is
important for 2010 and after is as follows:
"So, as bullish as we have been in recent decades, our fundamental indicators suggest an extended slowdown in the US and most Western economies that will last from around late 2009 into 2022 or so. The areas of opportunity that will arise after the slowdown begins will show themselves between late 2012 and late 2014, in the form of many of the larger Asian economies and the health care sectors of the US economy, both of which benefit from growing demographics. So, it’s not that there will be nowhere to invest long term, but that it will be best to be defensive between 2010 and 2014 until the larger world crash in stocks and real estate largely plays out. To weather the first years of the storm (2010-2012), investors should be in
high-quality bonds and fixed income investments before reinvesting in the most opportune sectors after the markets have fallen from late 2012 to late 2014 forward."

I am involved in RELIV, a wellness and network
marketing company expanding towards Asia. I expect it will be good growth for RELIV since unemployment would make people turn to self-employment and it is growing its Asian presence. Wellness is expected to grow as the baby boomers move into their retirement years.

message 2: by Faith (new)

Faith | 16 comments Mod
Reading about what is ongoing in the Dow and Asian markets, looks like the projection came early... Its only 2008 and markets are crashing already.