The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hey Ya'll

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new)

Ben | 1 comments Hi, my name is Ben. I like to read, and I joined this group, becuase it seemed intresting, and, I want to get a lot of recomendations on what to read. Keep in mind I'm 12. I also love to play Hockey, and do math.

message 2: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (sir_reads_a_lot) | 509 comments Hey little bro! Okay, so this is my brother, so he likes to read Jack London, and classic thrillers! He does read, jsut not as much as me!

message 3: by Bluedaizy (new)

Bluedaizy | 135 comments Hey Ben! Welcome to the group!

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela | 1934 comments Welcome Ben!

message 5: by Marsha (new)

Marsha Welcome Andrew and Ben... maybe you guys will have some ideas about how I can get my 8 year old son reading more. My girls are big readers, my son, not so much. Maybe I need to pick better books for him. He loves superheroes, Star Wars, and battle stories.

message 6: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (acountkel) | 992 comments Hey Ben!!
Welcome to the club.
I would love to know what you like. My son is 7. He only reads when he has to.
Maybe I can convince him to read some books you like.

message 7: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Hi Ben
My oldest is 11. He was reading some pretty cool books, when I managed to tie him down and read with him. Have you heard of the Pretty Freakin Scary books? Those are cool.....

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) | 501 comments Hi Ben!

message 9: by Macy (new)

Macy | 155 comments Hi Ben, and welcome!

message 10: by Krista (new)

Krista (findyourshimmy) | 382 comments Hi, Ben! (waves) What types of books to you enjoy?

message 11: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 157 comments Hi there Ben! Welcome. When my older boys were 11-12, they liked to read Animorphs & of course, Harry Potter. My youngest son is 11 & he likes to read everything except girl-y books. LOL. Right now, he's reading the Warrior series. They have a cat on the front of the books.

message 12: by Linda (new)

Linda | 887 comments Welcom Ben. Nice to know you are with us.

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Welcome Ben! How are you liking Lord of the Flies?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group Ben!

message 15: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Hey Ben,welcome to the group!

message 16: by Spudsie (new)

Spudsie | 44 comments Welcome Ben!

I LOVE Jack London!! :-) When I was in high school I wrote a year long term paper about him. His life is just as interesting as his stories!