Harry Potter discussion

Books > Another book?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nat (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Nat Do you think she should make a branch off series. in the epi. she tells of his children. they will be famous one day to. what jk should do is have harry tell his kids of someone who did all the things he did, but they don't know that he did them. when they get to hogwarts they find out the truth
that would be a good little book, not even the size of the 1st one

message 2: by Amy Marie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Amy Marie (Amy_Marie97) | 26 comments No. In my opinion, it would ruin the magic.

Just the encyclopedia Jo was wanting to do would work for me.
Wow, that was blunt.

message 3: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Tara | 83 comments I think I would prefer that JK just do the encyclopedia and not write another series. I think I am more curious about Harry and friends as adults than about their children, but I wouldn't want her to write a grown-up HP series either. Just the encyclopedia and I'll be satisfied. :)

message 4: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I don't think JK should do more books. It would just ruin the whole harry potter series. Even though it was sad that the series ended... the ending was satisfying enough for all to accept it and move on.

message 5: by Amy Marie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Amy Marie (Amy_Marie97) | 26 comments I agree with you Ashley. it was a satisfying ending.And more would just be...less magical.

what jk should do is have harry tell his kids of someone who did all the things he did, but they don't know that he did them. when they get to hogwarts they find out the truth

Unfortunantly, I'm sure that Albus Severus, James, and Lily already know all the stuff that their father did. '

i mean, consider how many AWESOME bed time stories that Harry would have. "Daddy, tell us about the time you snuck into Umbridge's office!" or "Comeon dad, just one more? How about the one with you turning into that fat Slytherin?"

message 6: by kristel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

kristel ting | 17 comments what happened before 19years later?? i want a book about that,,,

message 7: by Anj_bookster (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:59PM) (new)

Anj_bookster alcala | 22 comments another book would be great! i wish jk would make another book, but talks about the adventures of their sons and daughter so that the magic will continue. nabitin ako sa last book..more more!!!

message 8: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Kenzie I agree with Anj, she should totally make another book on the lives of the heroes kids.

message 9: by Kate (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Kate (kateduttera) I think another book would be overkill, just like when they come out with third and fourth sequels to movies. After a while, once everything has been said the loose ends have been tied, the series can't hold up another installment, it gets stretched too thin and is ultimately disappointing, cause it never lives up to expectations.

message 10: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Tess | 134 comments It would ruin the story, but it would be an awesome book. Has anyone realised that at the end of the book it is like 2026? It skips 19 years...

message 11: by Beth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:55PM) (new)

Beth (bibliocat4) Actually, book seven is set in 1997-1998 (see hp-lexicon for timeline) so the end of the book is 2017.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

You guys realize that there are like 4 more topics on this!