YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

The Mortal Instruments > Jace casted and Isabelle too for movie!

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (-Chelsey-) | 124 comments Jace has been cast to be played by...
wait for it...
Jamie Campbell Bowen!!

Cassandra Clare's view on him being Jace-

"Let's get down to the nitty-gritties. Why is Jamie so perfect for Jace?
I have seen his audition tape. They sent it to me because they were so impressed with it, and they wanted to get my feedback. People have been asking me what scene he filmed. The answer is a bunch of different scenes. He did scenes where he had to be funny. He did scenes where he had to be romantic. He did scenes where he had to be angry and badass and he pulled that all off amazingly.

He auditioned with Lily, and he and Lily had incredible chemistry that sort of blazed off the scene. I'm just sitting here watching this on my computer, and you know, he was not the only person they've ever sent me to look at. I've gotten lots of headshots and this and that, and I'm watching the audition and I literally started crying because that was my Jace and Clary on the screen. And it's an incredible feeling to see that even as an audition. This is amazing. He was snarky funny where he needed to be snarky funny, and he was badass where he needed to be badass. And he and Lily were incredible together.

In fact, after all the auditions, because she's done auditions with a bunch of different actors, she wrote to the head of the studio, Clint Culpepper of Screen Gems, and she was like, 'It's Jamie. It's gotta be Jamie.' He told me that, this was before he had seen the audition, he told me that he wrote back and he was like, 'He's a rock star hipster kind of guy. Do you think he can be a badass warrior-dude, as well?' And she wrote back and said, 'That is Jace standing there. When you watch the audition you'll see what I see.' "

-From her intriview, which is right here:

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2011/06/01...

So I think he'll be really good, and guess what? He played the Volturi dude with the straight long blond hair in the Twilight movies! He's also in the last two Harry Potter movies! (Go HP!)

What do you think?

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Besmer (Mandella71) | 1 comments I think that he will be a perfect Jace!!! Cant wait for the movie!!

message 3: by Miranda (new)

Miranda | 490 comments heyy ! its Antony !
"Ill sstttteeeeeeaaaallllll youuu, Johannnnaaa!"

message 4: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (-Chelsey-) | 124 comments lol! ;p

message 5: by Chelsey (last edited Jun 30, 2012 06:35PM) (new)

Chelsey (-Chelsey-) | 124 comments Jemima West will be playing the part of Isabelle in the movie!

She seems like she'll have the right spunk to me! (Yes... spunk. I finished reading Bloodlines last night at 1:10 AM)

Cassandra says-
"Jemima West. She’s beautiful (like whoa) and really talented. You can see her as Vittoria on The Borgias right now. And before anyone freaks out that she is blonde, she’ll be dying her hair for the role. She had a lot of Izzy’s toughness and directness in her audition. I like her."

(Black hair)

Also, we don't know who is Alec yet, but we got this from Clare-
"I just got asked to hold off on announcing Alec. Honestly, I do not do these things to torture you, I am feeling tortured myself at the moment! I can say he’s a British actor*, he has dark hair, I’m pretty sure you know who he is, I like him a lot, I’m pleased he’s going to be Alec. He and Jemima are going to be gorgeous siblings. (and I just posted some photos of her with dark hair.)

[It’s *not* Nicholas Hoult!]"

A reminder that the movie is going to be released August 23, 2013.

So whadda think? Does she have the "spunk" as I like to call it?

message 6: by Destinyclaire (new)

Destinyclaire Duncan | 20 comments the trailer was amazing!!!

message 7: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin B | 5 comments This is going to sound bad, but he just wasn't what I was expecting Jace to be like. I'm sure he will do great and the movie will be amazing, I was just hoping for something a little different.

unread topics | mark unread