Let's Discuss our Writing! discussion

Help on my horror story?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 19 comments Hi,
I need some help on a book I want to write. It's about vampires, where the main character becomes a vampire, I just don't know how I should change him into a vampire. I like how Anne Rice did it, but that's plagerism so that's out. How would you change someone into a vampire? Also where is a good place for the setting? And a good name for a vampire? Thanks!!! :D

message 2: by Kenzie (last edited Sep 14, 2008 03:40PM) (new)

Kenzie This is just my thoughts, ignore them if you want. They're not very good anyway...

If it's someone turning into a vampire you can use any name you want, you don't have to do a name that's specially fitted for a vampire since in the beginning of the story they're a human.

Setting...hmm...city's are fun, with the hustle and bustle of traffic. Though if you do it in the country you can have the main character explore their powers in the open fields.
How would I change someone into a vampire...? Hmm...good question...
I guess I would have them go to a doctor (this'll sound really dorky) and getting injected with venom instead of blood by the doctor's 'cause one of the doctor's took a vampire's venom...then they go home feeling totally fine until about midnight when the venom kicks in, then they transform in their sleep and wake up thirsty for blood.

I hope this helps, and that it doesn't sound too dorky. ☺

message 3: by Kayli 500 (new)

Kayli 500 | 266 comments Mod
don't accuse an idea of being bad before people actually read it

message 4: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Even if it's my idea?

message 5: by Kayli 500 (new)

yea what I meant was don't accuse your idea of being bad before people comment on it

message 6: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Oh...okay then.

What'd you think? Bad? Good?

message 7: by Kayli 500 (new)

OK yours is a good idea nice job!

message 8: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie No problem, Naomi. You write really good poety.

message 9: by Dylan (last edited Sep 15, 2008 03:31PM) (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 19 comments That sounds interesting, I may use that for another story. But I was thinking of a vampire changing a boy with a terrible life. He wants to die and the vampire turns him. I may use the city. About the boys life; his mom's a drunk and his dad gets beaten every night. He blames himself and wants to die. That's when the vampire turns him. What do you think of that plot?

message 10: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Interesting ... sounds like something I would read. Let me know when you finish the first chapter so I can read it.

message 11: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 19 comments O.k. I'll start it now. :D

message 12: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) hmmm...is the vampire u r planning 2 use male or female?

message 13: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 19 comments Male, but he has a girlfriend that he turns.

message 14: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) male. that is a problem...hmm. i'll tell u if i get an idea.

message 15: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) ooh, can the originally-human guy b a descendant of the vamp?

message 16: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 19 comments Mabey, I don't know. I don't think that'll work.

message 17: by Kayli 500 (new)

me neither and I don't get the warriors series cause I read like 15 pages and I didn't like it

message 18: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) kayli-15 pages??!! give it like 100, then c if u like it or not. it'll only take like 15 minutes of ur time anywayz.

dylan-PPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ????????????
cause then then then he could have found a long lost family treasure and the vamp might have been the 1 who lost it and then then then.......something.

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:17AM) (new)

I think there are some great creative ideas listed you could use. Have you read any of the Twilight series? In the last book Breaking Dawn Stephenie Meyer finally has Bella turn into a vampire and she describes in several pages extreme detail how it happens. I'm not suggesting you copy that entirely, but it may give you some inspiration to the actual transformations process. In terms of how the boy (or whatever character)"dies" maybe just by being bitten? :) Good luck

message 20: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 19 comments I have the first few chapters done!
Please read:

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

Give me some feedback please!

Thanks!
Dylan

message 21: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 19 comments I have 8 chapters done now! Wahoo! Please read and give feedback. :D

message 22: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 19 comments Chapter 9 is done too! Yay! Please read! :D

message 23: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) did u delete it?

message 24: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 19 comments Yeah, I'll probably put it back on once it's finished. I took it off because I want it to be published and if it's on the internet it has a less chance of that happening.

message 25: by Kayli 500 (new)

yea I need to finish my first story

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

i hate it when i don't have something to write when i have time and i have something to write when i don't have time.