manga lover discussion

how to make a manga... :)

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rie-chan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:58PM) (new)

Rie-chan secret ___ | 1 comments who know to make a manga??
who ever make it??
i like manga, and i want to make it later...one day i mean...kekeke...
How about u??

message 2: by Steffeny (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Steffeny Vorn (tesxanikita) | 4 comments i have a manga that i haven't published yet. it really an art book witha few strange comics, but still. if you ever want pics from it, tell me.

message 3: by Natsumi゜Д ゜ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:28PM) (new)

Natsumi゜Д ゜ Ooo i also draw those comical illustations but im suck at it lol

message 4: by Kaylee (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Kaylee  | 5 comments I <3 drawing it

message 5: by inoel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new)

inoel (sikereninoel) | 3 comments I've drawn some four-panel-comic stripes, but we couldn't consider it as manga, couldn't we?

message 6: by Kimberly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:38PM) (new)

Kimberly I think I'll make a manga as a side project one day...when I'm bored.

I think it'd be fun.

But I guess it'd be a LOT of work, with shading, drawing, publishing, proofreading, and all the other things you would have to do!!

message 7: by khrome (new)

khrome | 1 comments You might want to get this book - I haven't read it myself, but I've flipped through it at the store and it looks pretty good.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/75...

There are several volumes - that's just the first one.

message 8: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Oh, my library owns that book, I think that there's also relating books to go with it, as well.

message 9: by Rahmat (new)

Rahmat Romadon (rahmat_romadon) | 4 comments i like manga too but make a manga... honestly i admit it : it's not that easy. characters are not simply made by drawing only... we must research for unique characters then construct the plot & settings. after that 3 elements are made then we begin to design the character's looking. but keep trying friends, me too off course, get the inspirations from our surroundings... i hope it will be helpful. good luck & keep imagine.

message 10: by Yue (new)

Yue | 15 comments First make agood stories and then make a good draw. If you cant draw you can look for someone

message 11: by Diana (last edited Sep 25, 2008 10:56PM) (new)

Diana  (higura_natume) i've drawn random pictures and ive developed some stories but i suck at panel composition...

message 12: by Cintia (new)

Cintia | 2 comments i've made my own manga. Its fun but can be kinda hard. You just need to find some free time.

message 13: by Steffeny (new)

Steffeny Vorn (tesxanikita) | 4 comments i'm now working a few manga with friends. One is Freedom Writers: The seven Princesses, and the other has no name yet. won't give that one away yet until the pages are posted in Yen+Plus. ^-^

message 14: by Priyam (new)

Priyam | 12 comments Read the manga Bakuman on onemanga.com
It's by the authors of Death Note and is the story of two high schoolers who want to become mangaka. You really kind of get an inside look on how manga is made.

message 15: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) ^ I'll be sure to check that out, it sounds like an interesting series :)

I've done manga sketches in the past (a la fan art) but it'd be interesting to try making a manga one of these days. It's a fantastic way to express creativity :)

message 16: by No.i (new)

No.i (Kairi) kwel, I want pics!! XD

Emily ♥ monkeys | 45 comments Cintia wrote: "i've made my own manga. Its fun but can be kinda hard. You just need to find some free time."

wow...how long did it take u

message 18: by K. (new)

K. Wolf (kazul9) Wow, someone's going to get their stuff published in Yen +? Impressive! I've taken a shot at drawing manga, but I'm more of a writer. I've tried finding someone who's an artist to work with, but it's kinda hard.^^;

Emily ♥ monkeys | 45 comments LOL ..I wish I can be more of a writer I suck at writing :o

message 20: by K. (new)

K. Wolf (kazul9) XD I come from a looooooooooooong line of writers, so I'm kinda cursed and kinda blessed. I just loooove making up stories, but unfortunately I seem to not have much of a talent for drawing, though I love manga.
Say, you don't happen to be an artist? XP

Emily ♥ monkeys | 45 comments I'm an artist :0

I looove to draw! but I really wish I had a talent for writing, that way I wouldnt have to be thinking so hard during english class and having to redo essays so many times..it just sucks

Kara your so lucky

message 22: by K. (new)

K. Wolf (kazul9) Maybe we should team up and try to draw a short manga sometime.^^

Being genetically cursed does help with schoolwork, but it sucks not being able to get stuff out visually, so you can see it. I suppose both has its up and downs.

Emily ♥ monkeys | 45 comments so true

probabaly we should....what grade r u in?

message 24: by Ana (last edited Jan 20, 2009 01:42PM) (new)

Ana (anacnunes) I draw comics. Some are finished, like "Just my luck", "Someone once told him...", "Dreams and changes", "Much too late", some are on-going like "Heroine", and some are on-hiatus like "Alma" and "Wolf & Dragon".
You can see most of these here: http://dgstudios.yoll.net

There are a lot of tutorials on how to make comics on the web. You just need to look.

message 25: by K. (new)

K. Wolf (kazul9) Emily- I'm in 11th grade... kinda. I'm not in school anymore, and I've taken a course at a community college and did well. But technically, 11th grade. How 'bout you?

Ana- I want to check them out, but your link isn't working for me...

message 26: by Ana (new)

Ana (anacnunes) Kara wrote: "Emily- I'm in 11th grade... kinda. I'm not in school anymore, and I've taken a course at a community college and did well. But technically, 11th grade. How 'bout you?

Ana- I want to check them out..."

Kara, thanks, it appears I had writen it wrong. The link is: http://dgstudios.yoll.net

Emily ♥ monkeys | 45 comments Kara wrote: "Emily- I'm in 11th grade... kinda. I'm not in school anymore, and I've taken a course at a community college and did well. But technically, 11th grade. How 'bout you?

Ana- I want to check them out..."

wow ..same here im in 11th too, so r u 16?
(is community college hard? I want to take a class cuz I kinda got a bad grade ...)

Emily ♥ monkeys | 45 comments Ana wrote: "I draw comics. Some are finished, like "Just my luck", "Someone once told him...", "Dreams and changes", "Much too late", some are on-going like "Heroine", and some are on-hiatus like "Alma" and "W..."

its cool I really like it

message 29: by K. (last edited Jan 20, 2009 08:03PM) (new)

K. Wolf (kazul9) Yup, 16. ^^ Community college wasn't that hard, but I took a 101 class, so I'm not sure about other classes, though I do have a few friends who've taken ALOT of classes, and they all tell me it's not so bad. What subject would the class be about?

message 30: by Ana (new)

Ana (anacnunes) Emily, I'm glad you enjoy them. Thanks!

message 31: by K. (new)

K. Wolf (kazul9) Wow, Ana, they're beautiful!

message 32: by Ana (new)

Ana (anacnunes) Kara wrote: "Wow, Ana, they're beautiful! "

Thank you Kara.

message 33: by K. (new)

K. Wolf (kazul9) You're welcome!^^

Emily ♥ monkeys | 45 comments Kara wrote: "Yup, 16. ^^ Community college wasn't that hard, but I took a 101 class, so I'm not sure about other classes, though I do have a few friends who've taken ALOT of classes, and they all tell me it's n..."

cool...i want to take algebra 2, is it hard

Emily ♥ monkeys | 45 comments Ana wrote: "Emily, I'm glad you enjoy them. Thanks!"

your welcome

message 36: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:S...

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Z...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN AWAY FROM THE FAN GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily ♥ monkeys | 45 comments oh wow....I had no idea what u were saying until I pressed on the links ^.^

message 38: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) its kinda obvious though...

message 39: by K. (new)

K. Wolf (kazul9) Well, you did kinda spell fangirls funny...^^

Emily ♥ monkeys | 45 comments haha yah see thats why i couldnt see it ....

but i guess i am kinda slow x_x

message 41: by DestinysMaster (new)

DestinysMaster i want to make one but i need like 5 more charecters and im not a good anime artist> I NEED HELP!!!!:(

message 42: by Stefani (new)

Stefani Rogers | 5 comments I need help to create a story to my manga i'm making. (it would have to do with being in the naruto world..)

message 43: by DestinysMaster (new)

DestinysMaster Plagerism copyrights remember those

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 31 comments Unless you use something similar to that world but not exact. That or doujin.

message 45: by DestinysMaster (new)

DestinysMaster I've started to make my manga but I'm failing terribly

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 31 comments Kaylee wrote: "I've started to make my manga but I'm failing terribly"

If I need too much help I luckily am friend with this person:
http://harisaysmeh.deviantart.com/

But that a side, I'm not that bad since I decided to work on my own style which is similar to manga but not like it at all.