Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Help me.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:58PM) (new)

Nathan (NathanHeller) | 1 comments I have 5 book shelves in my tiny apartment, all full. On top of the shelves are more books stacked to the ceiling. Behind my couch are boxes filled with books. Under my bed, boxes of books. The trunk of my car. Boxes. One of the cabinets in my kitchen is piling up with books, and the stack of books rising like the Tower of Babel from my floor provides a constant obstacle to safely crossing the room. My hallway is lined with boxes of books, on top of which, more books are stacked. I'm pretty sure my living space qualifies as a fire hazard. I scour book sales at libraries and call it "fun". Someone, please, put an end to this. I beg you for help.

Sincerely,
Irving Washington

message 2: by Lori (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:58PM) (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Haa haa, Irving. Have you READ all the book you are hording, or merely buying them for decorating purposes? If you've read them, I would venture to say you dont have a problem, unless loving to read is a true crime!

If you are just purchasing them for the sake of HAVING them, on the other hand.....

I think there are meetings for people like you

:)

message 3: by Wes (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:58PM) (new)

Wes (pricerightbooks) YES WE ARE HOLDING A MEETING IN THE BOOK-AHOLICS GROUP JUST FOR YOU.
SO THAT WE CAN DISCUSS YOUR ISSUE MORE IN DEPTH.
ARE YOU READING ANY OF THESE BOOKS OR ARE THEY BOOKS YOU HAVE ALREADY READ?

message 4: by DA (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:00PM) (new)

DA The trick is to read and pass along. Share the wealth.
Start a swap shelf at work.
Donate them to a local hospital.
Re-gift duplicates.

Begin by sorting out everything you have ever read.
Then sort everything you will never read.
Then read the rest.
:-)

message 5: by Mont'ster (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:00PM) (new)

Mont'ster | 58 comments I have a guest bedroom that is not yet entirely full of books. You are only about 1200 miles away from me. You could ship me some books (book rate ground) and we'll split the postage.

WARNING:I'm only partly kidding :-)

btw, our local Book-Aholics meeting has turned into a reading group (or was it the other way around? :-)

message 6: by Robbie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:06PM) (new)

Robbie Bashore DA--
I often pass along my books to others. The problem with that, though, is that I'm left with books on my shelf that I'm not all that fond or proud of. Also, although I rarely re-read books, if I decide to because of a bookclub pick or something, I feel the need to buy another copy.