The Talisman (The Talisman, #1) The Talisman discussion

FUTURISTIC PERSPECTIVE OUTLAWS TECHNOLOGY

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fenixbird (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fenixbird SandS The subject matter of this book I recall was handled better than almost any other book I have picked up!!

Original! Read as a preteen, the idea of time travel & technology being outlawed made a big impression. Will we ever return to horseback & buggies??

A Newberry Award winning book, "The Giver," deals with some similar ideas but handled quite differently. The Talisman has almost "Mad Maxx" quality where the general population has gone back to agrarian roots.

Claire Birrell I have just finished this book and loved it. I love the idea of infinite parallel universes within one another.

Holly I love the world of The Talisman......I'd trade it for this one in a heartbeat.....I was always meant to live in an agrarian society where magic triumphed over technology.

Anchor I don't think that they went "back to agrarian roots" so much as never left those roots. Most of our technology transformed into their counterpart when the carrier shifted into the territories. I would imagine that it is possible to build technology there from the ground up, but no one saw a point in doing that. Also I don't think this book was set up to be technology vs. magic or anything like that.